• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AntsDakota.com

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#201 Offline Antkeeper01 - Posted October 28 2020 - 11:20 AM

Antkeeper01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationA random state in the US

today we may play a game of antwar.

• TennesseeAnts and Ants_Dakota like this

1X Pogonomyrmex occidentalis 40-50 Workers

1X Solenopsis molesta 10 Workers (mono)

Ants I Want: Crematogaster sp, Camponotus Sp., Ponera Pennsylvanica, Mymercocystus sp.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kUjx-dPFMyVqOLw

Join Our Fledgling Discord Server https://discord.com/...089056687423489

#202 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted October 28 2020 - 1:08 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

today we may play a game of antwar.

ask him to finish it there. that should get him to work!

• Devi likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#203 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted October 30 2020 - 9:59 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

1.9-Wiki Update

Wiki: Worked on Ant Species P Database(largest database we have left)

we will need some ant experts scattered around the US to look through our wiki and find species they know lots about to see if there is anything to add into them.

also. this topic, AntsDakota.com, has almost hit 5,000 views! thanks for all the support everyone!

• Devi likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#204 Offline Devi - Posted October 30 2020 - 10:05 AM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

We are making so much progress on the wiki!  I believe that AntsDakota is currently working on the YT channel, so keep a look out for that too!

#205 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted October 30 2020 - 10:12 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

We are making so much progress on the wiki!  I believe that AntsDakota is currently working on the YT channel, so keep a look out for that too!

thank you devi for all the work. this guy is making it possible for us to get closer to publishing day!

• TennesseeAnts and Devi like this

#206 Offline Spazmops - Posted November 15 2020 - 7:04 AM

Spazmops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

The AntsDakota discord server now has over 61 members! If you're interested in joining, the link is plastered all over this thread and in my signature. 

Co-owner and founder of Mountain Myrmeculture and The Menagerie Discord Server

Ants I have:

1 Formica fusca group- 0 workers

1 Tetramorium immigrans colony-20 workers

1 Dorymyrmex insanus- 1 queen, used to have workers

1 large P. occidentalis colony- around 50 workers, plenty of brood

#207 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted November 15 2020 - 4:34 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

The AntsDakota discord server now has over 61 members! If you're interested in joining, the link is plastered all over this thread and in my signature. 

Make that 66....

• AntsDakota and Ants_Dakota like this

#208 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 16 2020 - 8:54 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

ah yes. and i pop on every once in a while. 

• TennesseeAnts likes this

#209 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 24 2020 - 8:03 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

hello! i have not posted here in a while, but i would like to ask all of you something. i have been working on a new logo recently, and i would like your votes on it. is it better than the old one(at the top of the first page) or is the old one better? it is up to you. Me and devi are the only one working on the website, and i know i do not want to run it by myself, so i am not sure when the website will be up. Please ask AntsDakota to start helping us again!

anyway, here is the new logo option!

AntsDakota-logo-2.jpg

• AleeGuy likes this

#210 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted November 24 2020 - 8:42 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia

I like it

• Ants_Dakota likes this
We don’t talk about that

#211 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 24 2020 - 8:50 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

i just think that the old one had south dakota in it, and we want to be a united states thing.

#212 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted November 24 2020 - 8:53 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

So a cool thing is like canadanter does is posts links to here with shops and what states they are in. so everyone visiting the shop is able to see what's available in their state. 

• Ants_Dakota likes this
We don’t talk about that

#213 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 24 2020 - 9:28 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

i was thinking of doing a thing similar to the gan project in the website. i don't have enough help to develop that yet, though. AntsDakota is not working on the site anymore, so it is up to me and devi to develop it.  

• TennesseeAnts and Devi like this

#214 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted November 24 2020 - 9:44 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

i was thinking of doing a thing similar to the gan project in the website. i don't have enough help to develop that yet, though. AntsDakota is not working on the site anymore, so it is up to me and devi to develop it.

Why is he not working on it anymore?

#215 Offline Devi - Posted November 24 2020 - 10:24 AM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

I think a logo change is certainly a possibility...  I know what you mean, I'm not even in North or South Dakota.  I understand where it is coming from though.  It almost seems like it is kind of limiting to only South Dakota though, it depends on how you look at it. 

• Ants_Dakota likes this

#216 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 24 2020 - 11:00 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Why is he not working on it anymore?

losing interest in ants, i believe. but you will have to ask him. he still likes ants, but does not spend as much time with them as he used to.

I think a logo change is certainly a possibility...  I know what you mean, I'm not even in North or South Dakota.  I understand where it is coming from though.  It almost seems like it is kind of limiting to only South Dakota though, it depends on how you look at it. 

that is what i was thinking. i made this logo from scratch, so if there are any ideas to add anything to it, i can.

#217 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted November 24 2020 - 11:09 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
Hibernation is boring maybe he should try to keep his Pogonomyrmex awake so they can entertain him. It is kinda boring with only one colony though I can relate.
We don’t talk about that

#218 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 24 2020 - 11:19 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Hibernation is boring maybe he should try to keep his Pogonomyrmex awake so they can entertain him. It is kinda boring with only one colony though I can relate.

they are awake.

• Devi likes this

#219 Online ANTdrew - Posted November 24 2020 - 11:37 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,422 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Dang, man. That sucks to hear that.
I like the new logo way better, though.
  • Ants_Dakota and Devi like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#220 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 24 2020 - 11:39 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Dang, man. That sucks to hear that.
I like the new logo way better, though.

ok! thanks for the advice! it will look nice on tee shirts eventually. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users