• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

The AntsDakota Discord Server

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntsDakota - Posted September 27 2020 - 1:53 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

Hello, Formiculture!

Now, when reading about the highly controversial topic of the Ants & Ant Keeping Discord Server, many professed love for Discord itself, yet did not appreciate the strictness of the moderators. However, the idea of an alternate server was never mentioned: and that's why I'm here now. Along with the rising AntsDakota website/youtube franchise comes a brand-new Discord server, ran by me, an Administrator who you can trust, and will not ban you without a very good reason. Whether you still like the Ants & Ant Keeping server or not is irrelevant, and I welcome all Formiculture members to join this new server, as a different way to talk about ants and myrmecology. 

And by the way, this is not at all an attempt to draw business away from Formiculture, and is solely meant as a different and more convenient method of chat, and an alternative to the Ants & Ant Keeping server. In fact, one of the roles I have created is 'Formiculture Member', signifying how highly FC members will be praised on the Server. 

We also have a trustworthy team of Moderators, including Ant_Dude2908 and AnthonyP163.

And, with that out of the way, I present the  AntsDakota Discord Server! https://discord.gg/vkwjYzz

Edited by AntsDakota, October 1 2020 - 5:13 AM.

• AnthonyP163, TennesseeAnts, B_rad0806 and 2 others like this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#2 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted September 27 2020 - 2:20 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

This is a Discord server I might consider joining.... 

• AntsDakota and Ants_Dakota like this

#3 Offline B_rad0806 - Posted September 27 2020 - 2:22 PM

B_rad0806

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I'm the first official member  :)

• TennesseeAnts, AntsDakota and Ants_Dakota like this

Journals:

Ant Journals

Shop:

Brad's Ant Adoption

Instagram:

brad_ants

YouTube:

B_rad0806

#4 Offline AntsDakota - Posted September 27 2020 - 2:24 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

My gosh, you would have a lot of roles ('titles' would be a closer definition, though; 'role' does not equal 'responsibility'). We'd love to have you!

Edited by AntsDakota, September 27 2020 - 2:25 PM.

• TennesseeAnts and Ants_Dakota like this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#5 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted September 27 2020 - 2:32 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

My gosh, you would have a lot of roles ('titles' would be a closer definition, though; 'role' does not equal 'responsibility'). We'd love to have you!

I joined.

#6 Offline AntsDakota - Posted September 27 2020 - 2:36 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

I joined.

Welcome! You are our third member! (Madbiologist also joined)

• TennesseeAnts likes this

#7 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted September 27 2020 - 2:44 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

I joined.

Welcome! You are our third member! (Madbiologist also joined)

Yeet

#8 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted September 27 2020 - 4:01 PM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia
I’ll join soon.
  • TennesseeAnts and Devi like this
We don’t talk about that

#9 Offline TechAnt - Posted September 27 2020 - 5:12 PM

TechAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California
I have joined, I suggest making a Q & A channel for beginners who need help answering questions about ants and antkeeping
My Ants:
(x1) Campontous semitstaceus ~20 workers, 1 Queen
(x1) Camponotus vicinus ~10 workers, 1 Queen (all black variety)
(x1) Tetramorium immigrans ~100 workers, 1 Queen
(x1) Myrmercocystus mexicanus -1 Queen
(x2) Mymercocystus mimcus -1 Queen
(x1) Mymercocystus testaceus ~45 workers, 1 Queen

#10 Offline Barristan - Posted September 27 2020 - 5:36 PM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBindlach, Bavaria, Germany

Hi,

I will also check it out. The problem is that there are too many alternatives nowadays for the AAK discord. Wouldn't it be better to join a single alternative so this keeps growing bigger and can be more competitive to the AAK discord? The Ant-Keeping & Ethology Discord server has already 569 members. Maybe to consider this :)

• AnthonyP163 likes this

#11 Offline Solenoqueen - Posted September 27 2020 - 5:41 PM

Solenoqueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Hi,

I will also check it out. The problem is that there are too many alternatives nowadays for the AAK discord. Wouldn't it be better to join a single alternative so this keeps growing bigger and can be more competitive to the AAK discord? The Ant-Keeping & Ethology Discord server has already 569 members. Maybe to consider this :)

Don't quite understand the necessity of the use of "alternatives" and "competitors". I think it's beneficial to have multiple servers that work independently from each other, without recognizing one as a bigger power than the rest. I welcome the creation of this new server with open arms.

• Ants_Dakota, TechAnt and Devi like this

:>

#12 Offline DDD101DDD - Posted September 27 2020 - 7:54 PM

DDD101DDD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationNew York

Where are the rules? You might want to show them somewhere.

He travels, he seeks the p a r m e s a n.

#13 Offline AntsDakota - Posted September 28 2020 - 12:15 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Hi,

Well, this is also meant to be for the AntsDakota community as well. I'm sure more people will join once I start a YouTube channel and the website and shop are launched.

• Ants_Dakota likes this

#14 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted September 28 2020 - 12:30 PM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

Hi,

I don’t think anyone here except for you wants to directly compete with AAK. All of the discord’s serve their own purpose. Like FormiCast discord, which I am in, is meant to be a place to ask questions, socialize, and promote the show.
  • Solenoqueen and TechAnt like this

#15 Offline Scherme - Posted September 28 2020 - 12:37 PM

Scherme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWestfield, MA

Invite expired. 

Tetramorium immigrans | Journal

Lasius Neoniger | Journal

Camponotus Pennsylvanicus | Journal

Camponotus Chromaiodes | Journal

Schermicarium - DIY | Journal

#16 Offline Nanahira - Posted September 28 2020 - 12:39 PM

Nanahira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

also when making a link, you can make it never expire by pressing "edit invite link" when creating a new invite.  (y)

fwaf.png

Other than that, the server seems well made with good intentions involved, thank you!

Edited by 500miles, September 28 2020 - 6:51 PM.

The Ant Colony | The r/Ants discord server - https://discord.gg/c7qCmfYqYZ

#17 Offline Barristan - Posted September 28 2020 - 12:49 PM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBindlach, Bavaria, Germany

Hi,

I don’t think anyone here except for you wants to directly compete with AAK. All of the discord’s serve their own purpose. Like FormiCast discord, which I am in, is meant to be a place to ask questions, socialize, and promote the show.

If you intentionally want it or not, you are automatically competing with exiting discord servers.

#18 Offline AntsDakota - Posted September 28 2020 - 3:51 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Invite expired. 

Hmm..... it is set to never expire. I redid and reposted it in the original post of this topic.

Edited by AntsDakota, September 28 2020 - 3:52 PM.

• Scherme and Ants_Dakota like this

#19 Offline Solenoqueen - Posted September 28 2020 - 5:06 PM

Solenoqueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Hi,

If you intentionally want it or not, you are automatically competing with exiting discord servers.

There is no such competition. Theoretically speaking, you could be in every antkeeping related discord and add to its member count, nothing more, nothing less. Whether or not you make it into a competition is a completely subjective thing. That's all I'll say.

Less about AAK, and more about this server. I'm happy to see more and more communities about antkeeping grow and expand the hobby into different platforms and sects. I'm in, for sure. It'll be a breath of fresh air and a chance to integrate myself into another community within the first couple days of its conception.

• TennesseeAnts, AntsDakota, Ants_Dakota and 1 other like this

:>

#20 Offline AntsDakota - Posted September 29 2020 - 7:54 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

The member count is now 21! Keep 'em coming! :D

Edited by AntsDakota, September 29 2020 - 7:55 AM.

• TennesseeAnts, Ants_Dakota and Devi like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users