• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AntsDakota.com

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#221 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 24 2020 - 11:41 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

i will have to straighten that ant out eventually. it is really bugging me!

• AleeGuy likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#222 Offline Antkeeper01 - Posted November 24 2020 - 1:43 PM

Antkeeper01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationA random state in the US

i will have to straighten that ant out eventually. it is really bugging me!

pun intended?

• Ants_Dakota likes this

1X Pogonomyrmex occidentalis 40-50 Workers

1X Solenopsis molesta 10 Workers (mono)

Ants I Want: Crematogaster sp, Camponotus Sp., Ponera Pennsylvanica, Mymercocystus sp.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kUjx-dPFMyVqOLw

Join Our Fledgling Discord Server https://discord.com/...089056687423489

#223 Offline ANTdrew - Posted November 24 2020 - 6:38 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,410 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Please make me a logo just like that but with a Crematogaster for my CrematoProof brand. Maybe red and black color scale.
  • Ants_Dakota likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#224 Offline ZTYguy - Posted November 24 2020 - 6:39 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

I want an Acromyrmex.

Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#225 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted November 25 2020 - 8:31 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

hello! i have not posted here in a while, but i would like to ask all of you something. i have been working on a new logo recently, and i would like your votes on it. is it better than the old one(at the top of the first page) or is the old one better? it is up to you. Me and devi are the only one working on the website, and i know i do not want to run it by myself, so i am not sure when the website will be up. Please ask AntsDakota to start helping us again!

anyway, here is the new logo option!

attachicon.gifAntsDakota-logo-2.jpg

It's not that he's losing interest in ants, he's just been busy with the Discord server and other projects lately to post on FC.

• AntsDakota and Ants_Dakota like this

#226 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted November 25 2020 - 8:35 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Also, I will finally be putting my access to the site to use and start working on a few things here and there.

• AntsDakota and AleeGuy like this

#227 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted November 25 2020 - 9:41 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Ok, sounds good. I think Ants_Dakota and AntsDakota said I would be in charge of the YouTube Channel, so I will try to do that ;) Or how about the AntsD family.

Oh, I guess I started to work on the YouTube channel, actually. Thought maybe you had too much going on creating our entire video game by yourself.
Oh that’s totally fine. Once I’m done with the game, or pretty down the road with it, I can can do the channel.

Yeah, how is this game coming along? I haven't heard a word about it.

#228 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted November 25 2020 - 9:52 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Looking for pictures of (Forelius and Formica)!

I can provide both, and starting tomorrow I will work on the Formica pages if you haven't already completed those.
  • Ants_Dakota likes this

#229 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted November 25 2020 - 9:58 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
WP_20201104_023.jpg WP_20201104_021.jpg WP_20201029_004.jpg WP_20201104_024.jpg WP_20201029_005.jpg WP_20201009_006.jpg
  • ANTdrew and Ants_Dakota like this

#230 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted November 26 2020 - 11:40 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Hey, uhh, where'd the Ant Species Database go? It's giving me a 404 error...

• Ants_Dakota likes this

#231 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 26 2020 - 1:19 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

hello! i have not posted here in a while, but i would like to ask all of you something. i have been working on a new logo recently, and i would like your votes on it. is it better than the old one(at the top of the first page) or is the old one better? it is up to you. Me and devi are the only one working on the website, and i know i do not want to run it by myself, so i am not sure when the website will be up. Please ask AntsDakota to start helping us again!

anyway, here is the new logo option!

attachicon.gifAntsDakota-logo-2.jpg

It's not that he's losing interest in ants, he's just been busy with the Discord server and other projects lately to post on FC.

my bad. i knew he was busy, and on discord, just not that much.

Looking for pictures of (Forelius and Formica)!

I can provide both, and starting tomorrow I will work on the Formica pages if you haven't already completed those.

that would be really helpful.

Hey, uhh, where'd the Ant Species Database go? It's giving me a 404 error...

happens from time to time. just come back latter.

• TennesseeAnts likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#232 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 26 2020 - 1:21 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Please make me a logo just like that but with a Crematogaster for my CrematoProof brand. Maybe red and black color scale.

no problem. i will work on that!

#233 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 30 2020 - 8:38 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

what species are these?

#234 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 30 2020 - 8:40 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

1.10-Wiki Update

Wiki-Finished adding Pheidole and working on gathering pictures for them.

• M_Ants and AleeGuy like this

#235 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 30 2020 - 9:10 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

we also need some experts that know a lot about certain species to come and review and edit our wiki, if they could. please add anything you can, if you do.

#236 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 30 2020 - 9:32 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

we are also looking at starting something where you can sell your ants to locals through our site. would anyone be interested in this? we would only let large suppliers sell them, and they have to show proof they are in the state. 

Edited by Ants_Dakota, November 30 2020 - 9:33 AM.

• TennesseeAnts and KitsAntVa like this

#237 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted November 30 2020 - 9:38 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

we are also looking at starting something where you can sell your ants to locals through our site. would anyone be interested in this? we would only let large suppliers sell them, and they have to show proof they are in the state.

I would be very interested!

Those species are:

Formica pallidedulva
Formica integra
Lasius claviger

• Ants_Dakota likes this

#238 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 30 2020 - 10:54 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Those species are:

Formica pallidedulva
Formica integra
Lasius claviger

great! i can use some of those! i really don't want to deal with fake sellers on the site, so the sellers will have to be certified by us, and have a larger stock of ants to sell(not just one colony). you will have to follow our rules of selling and number of ants.

#239 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted November 30 2020 - 11:06 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Those species are:

Formica pallidedulva
Formica integra
Lasius claviger

great! i can use some of those! i really don't want to deal with fake sellers on the site, so the sellers will have to be certified by us, and have a larger stock of ants to sell(not just one colony). you will have to follow our rules of selling and number of ants.

Sounds reasonable. I can probably help with the creation of both that area and the wiki.

• Ants_Dakota likes this

#240 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 30 2020 - 11:11 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Those species are:

Formica pallidedulva
Formica integra
Lasius claviger

Sounds reasonable. I can probably help with the creation of both that area and the wiki.

that sounds great! me and devi need all the help we can get!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users