• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock's Ant Journal (Discontinued)

ants & myrmecologyant keeping ant keeping journals camponotous camponotous pennsylvanicus

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#361 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted April 14 2020 - 4:50 AM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois

the other person? I don't think they have that many laws about anting. Labor, tons of laws. Anting, nope 

There is a important time for everything, important place for everyone, an important person for everybody, and an important ant for each and every ant keeper and myrmecologist alike

#362 Offline AntsDakota - Posted April 14 2020 - 4:56 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota
Still doesn’t make it right............
  • Da_NewAntOnTheBlock likes this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#363 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted April 14 2020 - 5:01 AM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Still doesn’t make it right............

I never said it was right, and sure we can try to change it, but it most likely won't succeed because 1. It's China 2. It's foreign affairs, and our foreign affairs with China aren't doing so hot 3. They (the Chinese) really don't care much about their economy, and if you don't believe me, look at some of the bills they've passed and laws they've enforced. To sum it up with a cherry on top, they don't care what we think, they care about building a strong economy so the rich and be rich and the poor can be poor, and have little to no interest in ants and laws about ants. It's the sad truth, but you can't change the truth. 

There is a important time for everything, important place for everyone, an important person for everybody, and an important ant for each and every ant keeper and myrmecologist alike

#364 Offline AntsDakota - Posted April 14 2020 - 5:14 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
I know. I was just putting it out there..........
  • Da_NewAntOnTheBlock likes this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#365 Offline Temperateants - Posted April 14 2020 - 6:24 AM

Temperateants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

You should definitely catch some tetramorium. A well fed colony in a tight fitted test tube won't escape, they are pretty efficient like AntDrew said, organizing their garbage. If you care for them properly, and the larvae get enough protein, the 3rd and fourth generation workers can actually get pretty large. The only risk is that they like to fall into liquid sugars so either give them tiny drops or give them slices of well washed fruit.

• TennesseeAnts, ANTdrew and Da_NewAntOnTheBlock like this

Check out my Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube....xh-HaScAuE5CShQ

Check out my Crematogaster Journal! https://www.formicul...e-2#entry141180

#366 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted April 14 2020 - 6:34 AM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois

I am going to look for them as there is a large colony in my front yard and a smaller colony in my backyard. I'm hoping the alates find each other mate, drop down, and I catch them, but that may be too much to ask for :D

• ANTdrew likes this

#367 Offline AntsDakota - Posted April 14 2020 - 7:05 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

They usually fly several blocks away. You're more likely to find queens from other colonies outside your property.

#368 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted April 14 2020 - 8:05 AM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois

ok

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ants & myrmecologyant keeping, ant keeping journals, camponotous, camponotous pennsylvanicus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users