• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Study: Will Camponotous Eat Protien Rich Liquids Other Than Ant Juice

camponotous study important groundbreaking

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Stage 1 Poll- YOU ONLY HAVE UNTIL 7 PM CENTRAL TIME TO COMPLETE IT (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you feed your ant colony the liquids provided (they are non-toxic)

1. Yes (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No, My colony is in diapause (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

If I were to tell you the liquids in the experiment, would you PM me if you're interested

1. Yes, tell me! (6 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. I don't know (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Are you're Camponotus colonies currently in hibernation

1. Yes (3 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

3. They aren't accepting anymore protein ;( (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted October 27 2019 - 8:05 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Yes. And Illinois.

#22 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted October 27 2019 - 8:50 AM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois
Thank you all for filling out the poll! If you haven't filled it out yet, but want to, the deadline is 8PM tonight (when I log off). After that, I will close the poll.

There is a important time for everything, important place for everyone, an important person for everybody, and an important ant for each and every ant keeper and myrmecologist alike

#23 Offline Serafine - Posted October 27 2019 - 9:09 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

Protein isn't everything and nutritional values differ between different food items - there's no one single hyperfood that has it all.

There's also a too much of protein which can lead to a whole host of issues like pH imbalance and digestion problems.

Also studies indicate that ants will actually go for an imbalanced diet (= eating too much of something to a degree where it negatively affects their health) if they lack specific vitamins or minerals.

Edited by Serafine, October 27 2019 - 9:12 AM.

• DDD101DDD likes this

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#24 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted October 27 2019 - 9:17 AM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Protein isn't everything and nutritional values differ between different food items - there's no one single hyperfood that has it all.
There's also a too much of protein which can lead to a whole host of issues like pH imbalance and digestion problems.
Also studies indicate that ants will actually go for an imbalanced diet (= eating too much of something to a degree where it negatively affects their health) if they lack specific vitamins or minerals.

That is a concept I am aware of, and why it is up to the ant keeper to give them an amount that isn't to much. The saying "less is more" applies to this situation

There is a important time for everything, important place for everyone, an important person for everybody, and an important ant for each and every ant keeper and myrmecologist alike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camponotous, study, important, groundbreaking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users