• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Scrixx's Adoption Center (Fontana, CA. San Bernardino County) -

for sale myrmecocystus mexicanus mimicus pheidole xerophila forelius pogonomyrmex rugosus test tube

25 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Scrixx - Posted November 12 2017 - 11:41 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSan Bernardino County, CA.

The guy that wanted the last colony of Dorymyrmex insanus backed out, one left at $20. I held the colony for 2 weeks but they still haven't picked it up. She's got some decent sized larvae that are almost ready to pupate.

Edited by Scrixx, November 13 2017 - 6:51 AM.

Queen Ants - Colonies with workers for sale

Sold out! - Try again next year. I might let some other colonies go like Myrmecocystus colonies go later but I'm not sure yet.

YouTube - Keeping:

Ants: Myrmecocystus mexicanus - Myrmecocystus mimicus - Pheidole xerophila -  Pogonomyrmex rugosus

Aquariums: Apistogramma panduro and fry - Bolivian Ram and fry - Celestial Pearl Danio and fry 

Journals: Pogonomyrmex subnitidus 

#22 Offline AntsSanJoseCa - Posted November 24 2017 - 12:48 AM

AntsSanJoseCa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Scrixx do you have any honey pots Available?

#23 Offline Scrixx - Posted November 24 2017 - 1:18 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Scrixx do you have any honey pots Available?

Sorry I'm out of Honeypots. I have a couple I'm keeping for myself. If I change my mind I'd sell them but right now I'll be holding on to them.

Sold out! - Try again next year. I might let some other colonies go like Myrmecocystus colonies go later but I'm not sure yet.

YouTube - Keeping:

Ants: Myrmecocystus mexicanus - Myrmecocystus mimicus - Pheidole xerophila -  Pogonomyrmex rugosus

Aquariums: Apistogramma panduro and fry - Bolivian Ram and fry - Celestial Pearl Danio and fry 

#24 Offline Scrixx - Posted February 10 2018 - 4:38 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Myrmecocystus mexicanus - Only one available - $125

Decided to only keep one of each Myrmecocystus colony so I'm selling this colony. Here's a very healthy M. mexicanus colony with a decent brood pile, some larvae are almost big enough to pupate. There's at least one cocoon that I can see and there are about 10 workers. They're in a natural dirt formicarium with an inner tube so they dig near the outer glass. The top of the inner tube comes off and you can water it. Only put a tablespoon at a time and see how humid the soil gets. I've gone two months without adding water but obviously you'll have to keep checking to make sure they're okay. Colony is 6 months old and doing well. They can probably stay in this formicarium for another year or even two. They only have two chambers and there's a whole lot of space left.

CBnaBoy.jpg

ZpkDGzD.jpg

Edited by Scrixx, February 16 2018 - 7:35 PM.

• T.C. likes this

YouTube - Keeping:

#25 Offline Scrixx - Posted February 10 2018 - 4:50 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Myrmecocystus mimicus - Only one available - $125

Decided to only keep one of each Myrmecocystus colony so I'm selling this colony. Here's my Myrmecocystus mimicus colony with a decent brood pile, bigger pile than the M. mexicanus but the larvae are smaller. I'm estimating about 15-20 eggs/larvae on there. There are about 8 workers. They're in a natural dirt formicarium with an inner tube so they dig near the outer glass. The top of the inner tube comes off and you can water it. Be careful with this one when adding water, add no more than a teaspoon at a time and check back an hour later before you add more. I've gone two months without adding water but obviously you'll have to keep checking to make sure they're okay. Colony is 6 months old and doing well. They can probably stay in this formicarium for another year or even two. They only have two chambers and there's a whole lot of space left.

Check out her really distended gaster! She's in full egg production mode.

YouTube - Keeping:

#26 Offline Scrixx - Posted February 16 2018 - 7:40 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Myrmecocystus mexicanus sold. Get the Myrmecocystus mimicus while you can!

YouTube - Keeping:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, myrmecocystus mexicanus, mimicus, pheidole xerophila, forelius, pogonomyrmex rugosus, test tube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users