•  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

How to post photos

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline James C. Trager - Posted November 4 2014 - 7:07 AM

James C. Trager

Expert

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

This would be a useful topic. I have some photos I could post, but could use some specific instruction on how to paste into a comment or topic.
Thanks.

Edited by dspdrew, November 4 2014 - 7:53 AM.
Changed the title of the topic to better suit the resulting content.

#2 Offline DesertAntz - Posted November 4 2014 - 7:32 AM

DesertAntz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationArizona

I believe the easiest way is to upload your pictures to an image hosting site. Photobucket works best, in my opinion. Once your pictures are uploading to the site of your choice there should be an option to copy it's direct link. You can then click on the "image" icon right above the comment section, here on the forum, which will then give you a space to paste your image's URL there. Your images should show up nice and big. 

I don't know how to condense a lot of pictures into a single file though, so maybe someone else can help you in that area if you need. 

The good man is the friend of all living things. - Gandhi 

#3 Offline dspdrew - Posted November 4 2014 - 7:45 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Posting images here is mostly the same as other forum software. Here, there are three main methods. I'll list them in the order that I would recommend them be used.

First method

1. Find an image host (eg: Imgur, Flickr, Photobucket), and upload your pictures. You can even use the Formiculture.com gallery to host your pictures if you want (more about that later).

2. Find the direct URL to the image file, which usually ends with an image file extension (eg: .jpg, .png, .gif). Some sites will specifically give you this URL, others you may have to obtain it yourself by pulling up the image in your browser and then copying the address.

3. Once you have the URL copied to your clipboard, while typing your post, you can either click the image icon near the center of the bottom toolbar of the graphical editor, and then paste that URL into the dialog box, or you can actually past it into an image tag like this:

[img=URL]

Second method

1. Upload your image to the Formiculture.com gallery.

2. While typing your post, click the "My Media" button near the center of the top toolbar of the graphical editor, then find and select your image.

Third method (this if really just a backup method, and not recommended if not needed)

1. Simply paste the direct URL to the image into your post (for this method, only URL's ending in .jpg, .png, or .gif will work).

#4 Offline James C. Trager - Posted November 4 2014 - 1:39 PM

James C. Trager

Expert

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Thanks, I'll try at least one of those, soon. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users