• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Idontexist's solenopsis journal

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#61 Offline Idontexist - Posted December 19 2021 - 4:10 PM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Is my queen ant ok she has a broken abdomen. Can she till lay eggs? I'm concerned. I rtipped over the antfarm i left it on the floor and she fell bad. Other 2 are ok
Is my queen ant ok she has a broken abdomen. Can she till lay eggs? I'm concerned. I rtipped over the antfarm i left it on the floor and she fell bad. Other 2 are ok

#62 Offline Manitobant - Posted December 19 2021 - 4:17 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
If her gaster is broken, she is probably unable to lay eggs.
  • Antkeeper01 likes this

#63 Offline antsriondel - Posted December 19 2021 - 4:17 PM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationRiondel British Columbia Canada.

If her gaster is broken, she is probably unable to lay eggs.

yep :(

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#64 Offline Idontexist - Posted December 20 2021 - 6:49 PM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Bad news boys. Earwig killed the other queen ant. Only one left. Finnally killed that damn earwig. And her highness remains. I begin to accept my ants fate. This was a failure as all of my antkeeping tries. I guess its not my thing. I keep messing it up. I'm sorry. I'm sad

#65 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted December 21 2021 - 12:21 PM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

Bad news boys. Earwig killed the other queen ant. Only one left. Finnally killed that damn earwig. And her highness remains. I begin to accept my ants fate. This was a failure as all of my antkeeping tries. I guess its not my thing. I keep messing it up. I'm sorry. I'm sad

I mean no offense by this, but I think you need to reconsider this hobby or any hobbies related to keeping animals. At least take some time off to do some research.

• ANTdrew, Antkeeper01, antsriondel and 1 other like this

#66 Offline antsriondel - Posted December 21 2021 - 12:23 PM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

I mean no offense by this, but I think you need to reconsider this hobby or any hobbies related to keeping animals. At least take some time off to do some research.

I agree

• Antkeeper01 and PaigeX like this

#67 Offline Idontexist - Posted January 1 2022 - 11:12 AM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I caught another queen test tubes r on the way i ordered them
4 workers a queen

#68 Offline Idontexist - Posted January 2 2022 - 4:15 PM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Ahe died

#69 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 2 2022 - 4:34 PM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California
Please stop killing them.
  • Antkeeper01 likes this

#70 Offline NicholasP - Posted January 2 2022 - 5:15 PM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

I hate to say this but I think you should start with easier ants and do some research. Take a look at Ants Canada videos to guide you through the basics. Try and catch easy ants to keep which would be camponotus festinatus, monomorium minimum, or Pheidole Hyatti. I started out ant keeping with Pheidole hyatti and they're great to keep. I hope this helps you with your ants and good luck! There are links down below in my message to things I highly recommend you watch, along with AntMaps which can help you find species ranges around the world for ants!

Link to Ants Canada Youtube Channel: AntsCanada - YouTube

Link to Ants Canada Youtube Channel Section AntsCanada Tutorials: AntsCanada Tutorials - YouTube

Link to AntMaps.org: antmaps.org

Edited by NicholasP, January 2 2022 - 5:17 PM.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#71 Offline NicholasP - Posted January 2 2022 - 5:24 PM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

I really want you to succeed so let me know if you need some more information!

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#72 Offline ANTdrew - Posted January 3 2022 - 4:23 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,410 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

I hate to say this but I think you should start with easier ants and do some research. Take a look at Ants Canada videos to guide you through the basics. Try and catch easy ants to keep which would be camponotus festinatus, monomorium minimum, or Pheidole Hyatti. I started out ant keeping with Pheidole hyatti and they're great to keep. I hope this helps you with your ants and good luck! There are links down below in my message to things I highly recommend you watch, along with AntMaps which can help you find species ranges around the world for ants!

Link to Ants Canada Youtube Channel: AntsCanada - YouTube

Link to Ants Canada Youtube Channel Section AntsCanada Tutorials: AntsCanada Tutorials - YouTube

Link to AntMaps.org: antmaps.org

I don’t think many species are easier to get started than RIFAs. That’s not the problem here.
  • Antkeeper01 likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#73 Offline antsriondel - Posted January 3 2022 - 7:09 AM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Ahe died

you really have got to do some research on how to keep ants.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#74 Offline Idontexist - Posted January 3 2022 - 9:56 AM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Link to Ants Canada Youtube Channel Section AntsCanada Tutorials: AntsCanada Tutorials - YouTube

i said i lived in mexico. So what will it be fellers pheidole. Atta cephalotes. Odontomachus sillimimus or solenopsis geminata

#75 Offline Idontexist - Posted January 3 2022 - 9:56 AM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

i said i lived in mexico. So what will it be fellers pheidole. Atta cephalotes. Odontomachus sillimimus or solenopsis geminata

#76 Offline Idontexist - Posted January 3 2022 - 9:58 AM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

i have been watching that guy ever since i joined the hobby. I just can't get test tubes anywhere.

#77 Offline Idontexist - Posted January 3 2022 - 12:46 PM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Chemistry set arrived. Test tubes ready. I'm not failling. I have water cotton and test tubes. Farewell founding fails
  • Antkeeper01 likes this

#78 Offline Shazza - Posted January 3 2022 - 12:51 PM

Shazza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Good luck!!!
  • Antkeeper01 likes this

#79 Offline Idontexist - Posted January 3 2022 - 2:20 PM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I found some kind of humongous acromyrmex thing. It is a queen as i can see her thorax wing scars
Currently in the test tube

#80 Offline Idontexist - Posted January 3 2022 - 2:22 PM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
https://imgur.com/gallery/p3eQKN5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users