• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AntsDakota.com

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#41 Offline AntsDakota - Posted June 27 2020 - 7:34 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

in addition to formicaria, I hope you will sell decorations.

Well, we don’t exactly have the ability to manufacture anything at the moment. Our formicariums are hand made. However, if I come across someone with the ability to create decorations, I will ask them to join our team. Our shop will be a platform for small time sellers to sell their products. Although we will pick and choose which small time sellers we wish to support. I’m hoping that many will eventually join, yet right now we’re keeping it simple.
  • TennesseeAnts and Ants_Dakota like this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#42 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted June 27 2020 - 7:38 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Well, we don’t exactly have the ability to manufacture anything at the moment. Our formicariums are hand made. However, if I come across someone with the ability to create decorations, I will ask them to join our team. Our shop will be a platform for small time sellers to sell their products. Although we will pick and choose which small time sellers we wish to support. I’m hoping that many will eventually join, yet right now we’re keeping it simple.

I will consider joining after I perfect my grout nests. :)

• BugFinder, AntsDakota and Ants_Dakota like this

#43 Offline AntsDakota - Posted June 28 2020 - 6:05 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

We'd love to have you! Also, I hear you might be selling Pogonomyrmex occidenetalis soon? If so you would be welcome to sell them on our website.

• TennesseeAnts and Ants_Dakota like this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#44 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted June 28 2020 - 11:14 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

We'd love to have you! Also, I hear you might be selling Pogonomyrmex occidenetalis soon? If so you would be welcome to sell them on our website.
Indeed! I am waiting to see where I can get queens in bulk rn.
  • AntsDakota and Ants_Dakota like this

#45 Offline AntsDakota - Posted June 28 2020 - 11:45 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Indeed! I am waiting to see where I can get queens in bulk rn.

Although we would appreciate it if they raised workers by themselves. Wouldn't want to be selling possibly unmated or genetically unfit queens.

• TennesseeAnts, Ants_Dakota and Froggy like this

#46 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted June 28 2020 - 1:39 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

So, formally, i am going to say that we will be a platform, as AntsDakota said, for people to sell their formicariums. so if you are interested talk to us or prepare an inventory. the website will take a while, but with all this help... :)

Edited by Ants_Dakota, June 28 2020 - 1:39 PM.

• Froggy likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#47 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted June 28 2020 - 1:43 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

(I can't use quotes cuz there's too many now, so...)

@AntsDakota, 

Of course. I don't even sell boosted/possibly unmated queens on my page.

• AntsDakota likes this

#48 Offline Temperateants - Posted June 28 2020 - 2:23 PM

Temperateants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Forum?

We don’t plan on taking any business away from Formiculture, if that’s what you’re asking. Just a nice little community where people can ask us questions and such.

What is your plan for preventing that? In my opinion, you can use the time and resources for making the forum on other things, and just redirect people to formiculture. You guys have a presence on here, it would be good, just like how we have vendors that do support here.

• TennesseeAnts, AntsDakota and Ants_Dakota like this

Check out my Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube....xh-HaScAuE5CShQ

Check out my Crematogaster Journal! https://www.formicul...e-2#entry141180

#49 Offline AntsDakota - Posted July 2 2020 - 6:07 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Forum?

We don’t plan on taking any business away from Formiculture, if that’s what you’re asking. Just a nice little community where people can ask us questions and such.
What is your plan for preventing that? In my opinion, you can use the time and resources for making the forum on other things, and just redirect people to formiculture. You guys have a presence on here, it would be good, just like how we have vendors that do support here.
We will direct people to both Formiculture and there.

Edited by AntsDakota, July 2 2020 - 6:08 PM.

#50 Offline AntsDakota - Posted July 4 2020 - 1:55 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

The website truly is a construction project right now. The front page and lots of the main pages are finished and look very nice, yet many subpages are only half completed. 

#51 Offline Antennal_Scrobe - Posted July 7 2020 - 1:49 PM

Antennal_Scrobe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Attention:  We are looking for any ant photographs you can send us, along with their species. We will include an image credit for you for sending the image. We really appreciate your help!

I might be able to get you a picture of Myrmica punctiventris, if you don't have one already.

• AntsDakota likes this

Currently keeping:

Tetramorium immigrans, Pogonomyrmex occidentalis

Myrmica punctiventris, Formica subsericea

Formica pallidefulva, Aphaeogaster cf. rudis

Camponotus pennsylvanicus

Camponotus nearcticus

Crematogaster cerasi

Temnothorax ambiguus

Prenolepis imparis

#52 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted July 7 2020 - 3:32 PM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia
This sounds amazing can you ship internationally?
We don’t talk about that

#53 Offline to_be_announced - Posted July 23 2020 - 1:25 PM

to_be_announced

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSouth East Minnesota

Any update on when the site might be up and formicariums available?

Currently keeping Tetramorium Immigrans and Camponotus Pennsylvanicus in THA mini hearths.  I also have a couple Prenolepis Imparus queens in test tubes.

#54 Offline AntsDakota - Posted July 23 2020 - 2:05 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Any update on when the site might be up and formicariums available?

Sorry, it's still up in the air, as we're working on the wiki at the moment. Wouldn't be far fetched to put the release within 2-3 months; I'm hoping sooner, but it is a lot of work.

This sounds amazing can you ship internationally?

Unfortunately we don't have the resources right now to deal with the legal issues involved with shipping internationally, but we hope to eventually.

• ConcordAntman, Antkid12 and to_be_announced like this

#55 Offline AntsDakota - Posted July 27 2020 - 3:51 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

I updated my profile pic with the AntsDakota logo. Great Info, Great Ants, Great Prices. Just like South Dakota: Great Faces, Great Places.

Edited by AntsDakota, July 27 2020 - 3:52 PM.

• TennesseeAnts, ANTdrew, Antkid12 and 1 other like this

#56 Offline Antkid12 - Posted July 27 2020 - 3:51 PM

Antkid12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia

Nice!

• AntsDakota likes this

Ants I have: Tapinoma sessile(2 queen colony). RED MORPH Camponotus neacticus(now has pupae!), Tetramorium immigrans (x3), Aphaenogaster sp, Temnothorax sp, Brachymyrmex sp.   possibly infertile   :(,  Ponera pennsylvanica, and Pheidole morrisi!  :yahoo: 

Other insects: Polistes sp. Queen

Ants I need: Pheidole sp., Trachymyrmex sp., Crematogaster cerasi , Dorymyrmex sp. Most wanted: Pheidole morrisii

#57 Offline AntsDakota - Posted July 27 2020 - 4:00 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

The wiki is also coming along smoothly, now. For a while we were attempting to figure out the 'dynamic pages' feature, which would allow us to expand beyond the 100 page limit. That was a setback, but now that that's out of the way, we're back on track and making progress! 

This is being made on Wix, btw.

Edited by AntsDakota, July 27 2020 - 4:01 PM.

• Ants_Dakota and Froggy like this

#58 Offline ANTdrew - Posted July 27 2020 - 4:04 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,363 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

I updated my profile pic with the AntsDakota logo. Great Info, Great Ants, Great Prices. Just like South Dakota: Great Faces, Great Places.

I like it.
  • AntsDakota likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#59 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted July 27 2020 - 5:11 PM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia
Question antsdakota will you be working with gan farmers across the USA like Canada-ant-colony is? Also will you be selling Pogonomyrmex occidentalis and if so how much I will probably want to buy.
We don’t talk about that

#60 Offline AntsDakota - Posted July 27 2020 - 6:29 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Question antsdakota will you be working with gan farmers across the USA like Canada-ant-colony is? Also will you be selling Pogonomyrmex occidentalis and if so how much I will probably want to buy.

At first I think we'll just be selling P. occidentalis, although we may expand into this field in the future. Although we are having multiple formicarium sellers, as we don't have manufacturing capacity at the moment. Ant_Dude2908 is going to be selling the Pogonomyrmex, and I'm not certain as to how much he'll be charging. I'll have to ask him.

• TennesseeAnts likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users