1. Location: Mojave Desert, Nevada side
2. Date: March 20, 2018
3. Habitat: Desert
4. Length: About 2 - 4mm
5. Color: Dark Orange, with yellow abdomen
6. Distinguishing characteristics: Has a black circle like symbol on their abdomen. Not all are identically on the same part of their abdomen
7. Distinguishing behavior: Slow moving
8. Nest description: Small cone like nests that are similar to Dorymyrmex nests.
Haven't spotted any alates, but were moving out small gravel from their nest. Either they are getting ready for a nuptial flight or they just got out of hibernation. The closest species that I could find that could be these ones were Temnothorax curvispinosus.
I have a video where you can see them in action also.