• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Terrible intro?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Offline T.C. - Posted February 12 2018 - 10:53 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Ok, then we will stick with this, I might change the background noise, But I think it's ok.

• noebl1, Martialis, FeedTheAnts and 1 other like this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#22 Offline sgheaton - Posted February 12 2018 - 12:18 PM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Better, but still missing something. 

Have a bunch of tiny black dots moving. Can't see them, but can tell they are walking in a line. Have a magnify glass wiggle-waggle over head and then settle over the dots...... but they aren't dots! It's the Bayside Ants Logo with legs/antenna. Those go away leaving just the logo. Fade out.

11 seconds long, came up with it in the span it took to type all that out. Send the check in the mail if you could please. 

• T.C. and FeedTheAnts like this

"I'm the search bar! Type questions into me and I'll search within the forums for an answer!"

#23 Offline nurbs - Posted February 12 2018 - 12:22 PM

nurbs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

All great ideas, but you guys know it does take time to create all this, right? Just 3D modeling or creating a 2D magnifying glass takes time. $50 does not get you much in the world of animation.

• Martialis and T.C. like this

Instagram:
nurbsants

YouTube

California Ants for Sale

Unidentified Myrmecocystus

https://www.formicul...ls-near-desert/

Undescribed "Modoc"

https://www.formicul...mp-ca-5-4-2017/

Camponotus or Colobopsis yogi:

https://www.formicul...a-ca-1-28-2018/

Camponotus us-ca02
https://www.formicul...onotus-us-ca02/

Unidentified Formica

https://www.formicul...l-ca-6-27-2020/

Pencil Case and Test Tube Formicariums
https://www.formicul...m-and-outworld/

Bloodworm Soup
https://www.formicul...bloodworm-soup/

#24 Offline T.C. - Posted February 12 2018 - 2:14 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

All great ideas, but you guys know it does take time to create all this, right? Just 3D modeling or creating a 2D magnifying glass takes time. $50 does not get you much in the world of animation.

Yeah, although I didn't like it, I still gave him a positive rating for the work. The first one he made was good animation, just definetly not what I wanted. In other words he got an A+ for effort.

#25 Offline Ants_Texas - Posted February 12 2018 - 2:16 PM

Ants_Texas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationTexas

Or you could just do what AntsAustralia does. Have your logo on the screen, and have a little jingle play.

#26 Offline Mettcollsuss - Posted February 12 2018 - 2:22 PM

Mettcollsuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Drop the alates flying part, and do the Bayside Ants logo intro (the last few seconds) and I think it looks good.  TBH I prefer short intros on channels and get annoyed at long ones; terrible attention span.

EDIT:  People coming to your channel will be going there already knowing you are doing something ants related.  So showing ants flying/etc to me seems superfluous.

I was going to say the same thing. Just use the last few seconds of it.

#27 Offline Reacker - Posted February 12 2018 - 2:47 PM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFree State of Greater Potatonia

I think you're putting too much effort into this. If your budget is so small that you can only pay 50 for an animator I think you have other concerns to be worrying about like making more money. I genuinely can't think of a single channel or presenter where I was like, "wow that video had great content, too bad the simple intro ruined the rest of the video and now I'm never going to watch their stuff ever again." Do you even need an intro? Just some text on a simple background is enough.

• dspdrew, drtrmiller, LC3 and 3 others like this

#28 Offline T.C. - Posted February 12 2018 - 3:34 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

I think you're putting too much effort into this. If your budget is so small that you can only pay 50 for an animator I think you have other concerns to be worrying about like making more money. I genuinely can't think of a single channel or presenter where I was like, "wow that video had great content, too bad the simple intro ruined the rest of the video and now I'm never going to watch their stuff ever again." Do you even need an intro? Just some text on a simple background is enough.

I was told what I wanted could be done for that price. (Sounded to good to be true) I'd be willing to pay more for better animations in the future, but your right. Even that edited clip is fine, especially for right now. The first videos will be nothing too great as I need content to get it going.... which might take a while.

#29 Offline Reacker - Posted February 12 2018 - 3:48 PM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFree State of Greater Potatonia

That's why it's important to look at a portfolio and possibly references first, though that may be a tall order for such a cheap price which right there should be an indication of the type of quality you're going to get.

#30 Offline T.C. - Posted February 12 2018 - 3:55 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

That's why it's important to look at a portfolio and possibly references first, though that may be a tall order for such a cheap price which right there should be an indication of the type of quality you're going to get.

Yeah, my idea wasn't even supposed to look like that, he kind of went off and did his own thing, which I was a little annoyed about.I'm probably gonna sketch out the next one so people have the same idea I do. His prior work looked good. On fiverr their review system is stupid. If you give the guy you paid to do something a bad review, he can give you a negative review right back which was odd to me. I'm just a buyer and since I prepay, there should be no rating for me.

#31 Offline sgheaton - Posted February 13 2018 - 6:09 AM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Pay half up front and the other half at time of project completion.

"I'm the search bar! Type questions into me and I'll search within the forums for an answer!"

#32 Offline dspdrew - Posted February 13 2018 - 6:22 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

This is a good example of why I just do most things myself.

• Reacker, Nathant2131 and Ikerrilove like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users