When I got home from work today and glanced at my ants, the nest looked different than usual, so I threw it under the microscope and confirmed it was different: I'm missing 2 pupae! They must have eclosed today while I was at work. There looks to be two young ants in the nest. It appears that I now have 3 larvae, 1 pupa, and 8 workers. There is a dead worker in there too, I think that's the same one I saw dead a few days ago, unless they did something with that one, which leaves me 1 ant short. Either she is still a pupae and I didn't see her, or there are two dead and I didn't notice one of them, or I miscounted somewhere.
The ants are trying to climb the sides of the container, and having some success as there is some debris stuck to the sides, but they can't seem to make it up high enough to get out. I suspect they will eventually. I think I need to get them into something will slightly taller sides.
A photo of my dead ant:
Edited by BugFinder, December 29 2014 - 5:12 PM.