• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Laws regarding collection of ants (?)

help forest anting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Martialis - Posted December 25 2016 - 7:41 PM

Martialis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Does anyone happen to know the laws for ant collection in National/state forests?  I know that it's illegal to transport wildlife from State or National parks, and am wondering if it's the same for forests. Thanks in advance for ay help.

Spoiler

#2 Offline dspdrew - Posted December 26 2016 - 9:49 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

From what I have read, it's highly illegal to collect in National Parks unless you have a permit, and getting a permit for it is almost impossible. As far as National Forests and BLM land goes, it's fine for some things, as long as it's not for commercial or research purposes. If I find the time, I can find and post the actual laws on collecting in National Forests and BLM land. If you want to look for yourself, you can check here (https://www.fs.fed.us/) and here (https://www.blm.gov/).  I won't even bother with State laws, because every State has their own.

• Martialis likes this

#3 Offline Martialis - Posted December 26 2016 - 2:10 PM

Martialis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Thanks. I'm going to check those sites out later.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, forest, anting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users