So around a month or so I made a new nest for my Myrmica Colony, which just recently came out of Hibernation. So I thought I'd post a little run through on how I made it.
2 gum container lids:
Some form of substrate, could be grout but I don't think it would work well for this
First things first put them together:
Next tape them together [used a different one to show these next few things, better lighting ]
Here are some other pictures showing the lids:
Here is the amount of space:
[a lot more then you'd think :) ]
Here is a video showing my Myrmica Colony living inside one:
If you have any questions I'll try to answer them, I've only ran it for about a few weeks [2.5] so It's still rather new to me.