• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AntsCanada Ants Store

antscanada formicarium antfarm

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#101 Offline dspdrew - Posted January 17 2016 - 8:28 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Round. :scare3:

Why on Earth are you still using Vaseline and not Fluon?

• Etherwulf likes this

#102 Offline Barristan - Posted January 17 2016 - 8:42 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBindlach, Bavaria, Germany

Vaseline never worked for me. I use paraffin oil.

#103 Offline AntsCanada - Posted January 17 2016 - 4:23 PM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
I'm using vaseline because I live in a tropical climate and the high humidity tends to weaken a fluon barrier. Plus vaseline works well at keeping this species of ants in their outworld. I love Vaseline as I ahve found it to also be an effective barrier for weaver ants, and all the ants I ever kept in Canada.
Ant love forever!
http://antscanada.com

#104 Offline dspdrew - Posted January 17 2016 - 4:28 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Oh yeah, high humidity here. Yeah high humidity will definitely kill the effectiveness of Fluon temporarily.

• AntsCanada likes this

#105 Offline antmaniac - Posted January 17 2016 - 5:11 PM

antmaniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Just like to add my comment here. I came across entertainment side of Antscanada on Facebook after one of my friend liked a Stormtropper longanisa shared by him. Apparently he is coming to Australia next week for the performance, and maybe catch an ant or two.

#106 Offline AntsCanada - Posted January 17 2016 - 5:53 PM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Just like to add my comment here. I came across entertainment side of Antscanada on Facebook after one of my friend liked a Stormtropper longanisa shared by him. Apparently he is coming to Australia next week for the performance, and maybe catch an ant or two.

Ah yeah. I will be touring for a few days next month in Adelaide, Melbourne, and Sydney but won't have much time to do anything. It's a fly in and fly out kinda thing but I will try to find some ants for the ant channel. Also, I will not be bringing ants with me. Lol!
Ant love forever!

#107 Offline antmaniac - Posted January 18 2016 - 1:32 AM

antmaniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

I can tell the ant farm is like a backdrop in your entertainment videos. LOL

#108 Offline drtrmiller - Posted January 18 2016 - 6:15 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Many people have written to me acknowledging the similarity of AntsCanada's new foraging area barrier lid system to that byFormica introduced over a year ago, just as I received similar comments when AntsCanada introduced their first 3D-printed formicarium, over a year after byFormica introduced the world to 3D-printed formicaries.

Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with the direction AntsCanada is taking, and am happy if byFormica products serve as a source of inspiration from which AntsCanada may build a thriving business helping the ant peopz!  Keep up the great work, guys!

Edited by drtrmiller, January 18 2016 - 6:54 PM.

• ctantkeeper likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#109 Offline Barristan - Posted January 19 2016 - 9:48 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBindlach, Bavaria, Germany

The lid works very well with oil too. I bought my first outworld with such a lid in 2011.

#110 Offline AntsCanada - Posted January 31 2016 - 8:45 AM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi Ant Lovers,

It's the first Monday of the month and so as usual we have a new video on our ant channel. It's something a little special that we will be bringing to our AntsCanada channel every now and then. It's an "Ants React To" Series where we expose the ants to various things, food, stimuli, anything and film their collective reactions and choices. Hope you guys like this week's video! 

Presenting Ants React to BURGERS! Wendy's, McDonalds, and Burger King... You won't believe what the ants did! 

• Crystals and Mannomorth like this
Ant love forever!

#111 Offline dspdrew - Posted January 31 2016 - 11:16 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Wise ants.

This confirms my theory that Mc Donalds and Burger King are both disgusting.

• klawfran3 likes this

#112 Offline PTAntFan - Posted January 31 2016 - 3:41 PM

PTAntFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA
GMO vs organic should be involved in your next experiment.
PTAntFan----------------------------------Pogonomyrmex Californicus*****************************<p>I use the $3 Tower I made up. See it here.

#113 Offline AntsCanada - Posted February 15 2016 - 7:20 PM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

We're giving away 2 FREE complete ant setups! It's our annual WHAT IS ANT LOVE Contest and we wish everyone who enters the best of luck! Happy anting!

Ant love forever!

#114 Offline Ants4fun - Posted March 8 2016 - 1:14 PM

Ants4fun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota
Wahoo I won! (I don't believe the new video is on here yet)

#115 Offline AntsCanada - Posted March 8 2016 - 8:16 PM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Wahoo I won! (I don't believe the new video is on here yet)

Oh that was you? Awesome! Congratulations, Ants4Fun! Please email us info@antscanada.com to claim your prize!

Just wanted to post our new video here about feeding insect feeders to ant colonies. I go over my Top 5 favourite feeder insects and their care, housing, pros and cons, and nutritional value. Hope you guys like the new video and thanks to all who participated in our annual WHAT IS ANT LOVE Contest!

• iXvXi likes this
Ant love forever!

#116 Offline Ants4fun - Posted March 13 2016 - 8:40 AM

Ants4fun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota
I emailed Antscanada Monday and have yet to have a response?
  • AntsCanada likes this

#117 Offline dspdrew - Posted March 13 2016 - 10:20 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

I wouldn't worry too much. I haven't gotten any replies from him in a few days either. Sounds like he's busy.

#118 Offline Mdrogun - Posted March 13 2016 - 10:30 AM

Mdrogun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL

I emailed Antscanada Monday and have yet to have a response?

I emailed him Thursday and got a response Saturday.

Currently Keeping:
Trachymyrmex septentrionalis

Pheidole pilifera

Forelius sp. (Monogynous, bicolored) "Midwestern Forelius"
Crematogaster cerasi

Pheidole bicarinata

Aphaenogaster rudis

Camponotus chromaiodes

Formica sp. (microgena species)

Nylanderia cf. arenivega

#119 Offline AntsCanada - Posted March 13 2016 - 4:45 PM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi AntsForFun I sent you an email saying that I was forwarding you to Brian, from our shipping location and he would be getting your address details from you. Did you not get the email? Please check your SPAM.

We try to keep 48hrs or less response time always so if you haven't received an email from us within 2 days it usually means your email may have went to our spam box, in which case you can simply email us again.

Drew, try emailing me again if it has been more than 2 days. I also go into our spam box daily to save the incorrectly flagged spam emails from you guys.

Thanks for your patience, friends!

Edited by AntsCanada, March 13 2016 - 4:46 PM.

Ant love forever!

#120 Offline Ants4fun - Posted March 13 2016 - 5:28 PM

Ants4fun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota
I checked all of my folders... Could you perhaps PM the email to make sure it is right or I am the right person?

Edit: Antscanada fixed this. Thanks.

Edited by Ants4fun, March 13 2016 - 6:30 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: antscanada, formicarium, antfarm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)