• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AntsCanada Ants Store

antscanada formicarium antfarm

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Ants4fun - Posted September 13 2015 - 5:14 AM

Ants4fun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota
Awesome ants! Love pheidole.
  • ctantkeeper likes this

#82 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted September 13 2015 - 5:43 AM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

me too :)

#83 Offline Kit - Posted September 13 2015 - 5:53 PM

Kit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNemo's Antisemitic Universe

There are so many ant forums I can understand how someone running an ant business is unable to respond to all inquiries. What is with this public shaming phenomenon that is taking hold of our culture at this time? Totally uncool. I thought I was getting away from that culture by joining this forum instead of the Yuku one with it's grammar Nazi moderator and his/her public undermining of people all the time, but it seems all forums are the same lol.

I only joined this forum because it seems the most level headed, and because it allows us to talk about other commercial ant businesses such as AntsCanada in a sub section, something other forums don't allow. 

#84 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 13 2015 - 6:00 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Antfarm.yuku.com's strict grammar rules is something imposed on the members by the forum administrator. The complaining that you are referring to here is nothing more than the posts of a few of the forum's members that can easily be ignored if someone so desires--big difference.

Anyway, these are old posts we are talking about here and we probably shouldn't continue this discussion on this thread.

#85 Offline AntsCanada - Posted September 13 2015 - 6:03 PM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

There are so many ant forums I can understand how someone running an ant business is unable to respond to all inquiries. What is with this public shaming phenomenon that is taking hold of our culture at this time? Totally uncool. I thought I was getting away from that culture by joining this forum instead of the Yuku one with it's grammar Nazi moderator and his/her public undermining of people all the time, but it seems all forums are the same lol.

I only joined this forum because it seems the most level headed, and because it allows us to talk about other commercial ant businesses such as AntsCanada in a sub section, something other forums don't allow. 

AntsCanada opened up a forum a couple months back http://forum.antscanada.com/ and no we are not like that. We have over  600+ members now, a lot of fresh and eager beginners in the hobby, too, and we do not tolerate shaming, and we're not a grammar Nazi, either. 

Yes, I find it hard to engage in forums mostly due to lack of time, but if ever I do, I do it mostly on our AC forum now, and sometimes here and Yuku. Regarding the rude people, I figure people are people so you cannot control how others will act, but I find the thing I can control is where I hang out and correspond publicly online. 

Anyway, see you around, Kit!

Edited by AntsCanada, September 13 2015 - 6:05 PM.

Ant love forever!
http://antscanada.com

#86 Offline AntsCanada - Posted September 14 2015 - 1:17 AM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Antfarm.yuku.com's strict grammar rules is something imposed on the members by the forum administrator. The complaining that you are referring to here is nothing more than the posts of a few of the forum's members that can easily be ignored if someone so desires. Big difference.

Anyway, these are old posts we are talking about here and we probably shouldn't continue this discussion on this thread.

Drew's right. I really need to work on growing some thicker skin sometimes. LOL! Whatever the case, this forum is a very good one and one I support fully, and always will.

Ant love forever!

#87 Offline Kit - Posted September 14 2015 - 3:45 AM

Kit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNemo's Antisemitic Universe

I think that was aimed at me :) Anyway I wasn't really annoyed with anything said here, I just came from reading a post where antdude used incrorrect grammar and failed to recognize it, yet he is so over the top with grammar correction it had me throwing the computer out the window. And then I saw this and over reacted. My mistake. Sorry.

#88 Offline AntsCanada - Posted September 20 2015 - 9:08 PM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

This is perhaps one of the most action-packed videos I've ever made! Check out this moment-to-moment play of an ant colony vs a scalded mealworm. Hope you enjoy this week's video on the AntsCanada Youtube Channel!

Ant love forever!

#89 Offline Ants4fun - Posted September 21 2015 - 8:44 AM

Ants4fun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota
Awesome video! Really cool how the ants have used the different chambers for different purposes, and block off the parts they don't need.

Edited by Ants4fun, September 21 2015 - 8:44 AM.

#90 Offline Michaelofvancouver - Posted September 21 2015 - 4:04 PM

Michaelofvancouver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationVancouver

This is perhaps one of the most action-packed videos I've ever made! Check out this moment-to-moment play of an ant colony vs a scalded mealworm. Hope you enjoy this week's video on the AntsCanada Youtube Channel!

Hey mikey I emailed you, it's kind of important could you let me know what you think?

Here's my leopard gecko/ant youtube: https://goo.gl/cRAFbK

My ant website.

It contains a lot of information about ants, guides, videos, links, and more!

If you have any feedback, please post here or PM me, don't be shy!

I currently keep:

Camponotus modoc

Formica podzolica

#91 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted September 21 2015 - 8:48 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Whatever the case, this forum is a very good one and one I support fully, and always will.

You should show your support more. :) Perhaps a tutorial video showing all the online communities you like?

#92 Offline Alza - Posted September 21 2015 - 8:50 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

Antscanada is nice enough to do that, I'm hype for the formiculture tutorial video :D 

#93 Offline AntsCanada - Posted November 11 2015 - 5:45 PM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Hello everyone,

Our brand new website went live yesterday with a whole bunch of new features and a new user-friendly checkout process with much cheaper shipping options (yes, we heard your requests)!!! Our new site is also more mobile friendly and faster than ever before. Check us out at www.antscanada.com and keep us in mind for Christmas! New ant keeping equipment, i.e. test tubes, tubes, test tube racks, coming within the next day or so.

Also, we've got a new video up on our channel after a month hiatus while we worked hard on launching the website. Sorry for the delay!

Thanks, guys!

Ant love forever!

#94 Offline AntsCanada - Posted November 27 2015 - 5:25 PM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Hi ant friends,

Our brand new ant video on the AntsCanada Youtube Channel this week is about ant hibernation. Find out the secret to how ants from temperate regions manage to survive the harsh cold winter climate. I also go over how to hibernate pet ants. Check it out.

• dspdrew likes this
Ant love forever!

#95 Offline Mannomorth - Posted November 27 2015 - 5:50 PM

Mannomorth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Nice tutorial as always Mikey.

#96 Offline antmaniac - Posted November 28 2015 - 6:10 PM

antmaniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Very informative videos! (y)

#97 Offline Vendayn - Posted December 10 2015 - 11:51 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

I've been enjoying your new videos :) Thanks for them :)

• AntsCanada likes this

#98 Offline AntsCanada - Posted December 26 2015 - 1:14 AM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

I've been enjoying your new videos :) Thanks for them :)

Thanks, Vandayn!

Just uploaded a new video, moving my Pheidole colony from an old nest to a new nest. I love when ants do exactly what you want them to (which as we all know, doesn't always happen)!

Hope you guys like the new video:

Ant love forever!

#99 Offline AntsCanada - Posted January 4 2016 - 4:08 PM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Our last video uploaded 2 weeks ago involved the moving of my Pheidole colony to a new formicarium, a Hybrid NEST V2.

New video, as usual on the first Monday of the month. Check out all the amazing things we found in the tropical coastal city of Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia! It was crazy!

Ant love forever!

#100 Offline AntsCanada - Posted January 17 2016 - 7:42 AM

AntsCanada

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi Ant Lovers,

It's the 3rd Monday of the month tomorrow, but I thought I'd upload this video early to make up for all the times I uploaded late on the channel. :D  In this video we feed a cockroach to a hungry ant colony (Pheidole sp) in their brand new AC Outworld. Introduction to the ant colony's new AC Outworld starts at 5:50 and the epic feeding happens at the 7:20 mark. Hope you like the video!

Thanks for watching, guys!

Ant love forever!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: antscanada, formicarium, antfarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users