Hey all! I recently got into ant keeping and need some help identifying some Queen ants I found around my house.
1. Location of collection: CURRA, Queensland, Australia
2. Date of collection: Over the month of October.
3. Habitat of collection: Open woodlands.
4. Length (from head to gaster): Size are all in pictures next to a mm ruler.
5. Colour, hue, pattern and texture: Both black in colour and seem to be trail ant species. One is very small in size.
This is a colony I had to remove from a fold-up table. I was able to save the queen and some brood with workers. Its a small species of ant.
smaller queen 1.JPG 304.18KB 1 downloads
smaller queen 2.JPG 306.63KB 1 downloads
smaller queen 3.JPG 322.57KB 1 downloads
Other one seems to be a larger species of it. More common around here. Found her running around on the ground in the middle of the day. She has already laid some eggs in the test tube.
larger black queen.JPG 274.59KB 1 downloads
Any help is appreciated, Thank you