• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Rough Harvester Ant (Pogonomyrmex rugosus)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 6:41 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

:o  

Edited by TroyMusil7, August 15 2021 - 8:36 AM.

#42 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 6:44 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

:dash:

Edited by TroyMusil7, August 15 2021 - 8:36 AM.

#43 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 6:52 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

(n)  

Edited by TroyMusil7, August 15 2021 - 8:35 AM.

#44 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 6:54 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

:o  

#45 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 6:58 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

:D

#46 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted August 15 2021 - 7:04 AM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationMaryland
AC products are okay they work fine. But Pogonomyrmex have trouble walking on plastic. I’m not sure if this is true for you queen or not. Anyway If you don’t want people to try help you you might just want to keep this journal to yourself. Formiculture is all about sharing and receiving advice, I must admit sometimes it does seem to be criticism but it’s really just people trying to help. I hope your queen does alright, it sure looks like she has a nice batch of eggs!
  • Ecan likes this

My favorite queens/colony’s:
Pheidole Tysoni, Selonopis Molesta, Brachymyrmex Depilis, Tetramorium Immagrians, Prenolepis Imparis, Pheidole Bicirinata 

#47 Offline GreekAnts - Posted August 15 2021 - 7:40 AM

GreekAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Nobody said anything bad about you or your queen ant, you just started being mean and use bad words, nobody tried to say anything wrong or give bad advices out of jealousy, you just see that on your own, why you try to start a fight or believe that everyone want to hate?
I see people try to help and you being a selfish, bad mannered person, why?  the guys tried to explain you some stuff and give you some advices but you started attacking and say mean things without a reason! and you are surprised that you got a warning!
You started a journal on a public forum and you are surprised that people try to give you advices or try to point some errors/ wrong moves etc? ,why being mean and do this instead of being nice? nobody can force you, they just give you advices,
if you want you can follow them or be stuborn and do what you believe without listen to anyone, but don't be supriced if anything goes wrong, you will see a AC video and you will know everything right?..... 
Everyone here is interested in ant keeping and most of the people here keep ants! that's why they want to help!
Stop being rude and just listen,
keep what you believe is good and research! ,try to make something better and show us the results, we will be happy to see it!
I will be happy to see your queen grow a large and powerful colony and you being a better person!

Edited by GreekAnts, August 15 2021 - 7:41 AM.

• Ecan likes this

#48 Offline FelixTheAnter - Posted August 15 2021 - 7:41 AM

FelixTheAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Being bias about a company is not advice. It is shocking how many people are stupid enough to actually think that. This is the stupidist website I have even been on. Idiots left and right try and force there opinions on me without even reading the full log and now I get a warning and am the bad guy. LOL, whatever. My ants are doing great, despite whatever nonsense you all say, that reality contradicts. I will just ignore you all. Nothing but nonsense on this site and I regret sharing anything on this form.

If everyone except you is the stupid one, I really think that says more about you than everyone else. But if this site is so terrible, why stay?

Edited by FelixTheAnter, August 15 2021 - 7:41 AM.

• Ecan likes this

#49 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 7:50 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

:rolleyes:  

#50 Offline GreekAnts - Posted August 15 2021 - 7:51 AM

GreekAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Btw your AC nest is fine the only problem is that its too large for now, so when the first workers arrive and the colony will be small they will probably use the extra space to throw trash or use it as toilet, you could close some chambers somehow to prevent that.

• Ecan likes this

#51 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 7:56 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

:mad:

Edited by TroyMusil7, August 15 2021 - 8:34 AM.

#52 Offline FelixTheAnter - Posted August 15 2021 - 8:00 AM

FelixTheAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I'm just going to report each new comment that is rude or condescending, and I would encourage others to do the same!

Best of luck to you. I hope you find peace in the future.
  • Ecan likes this

#53 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 8:02 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

(n)  

#54 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 8:06 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

I'm just going to report each new comment that is rude or condescending, and I would encourage others to do the same!

Best of luck to you. I hope you find peace in the future.

Of course you will. You are just a loser with nothing better to do. If I won't be bullied to leave this site altogether you will just report my comments. spare me your half [censored] threat. Get a life and leave me alone, how hard is that? Seriously.  

#55 Offline GreekAnts - Posted August 15 2021 - 8:07 AM

GreekAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Nobody said anything bad about you or your queen ant, you just started being mean and use bad words, nobody tried to say anything wrong or give bad advices out of jealousy, you just see that on your own, why you try to start a fight or believe that everyone want to hate?
I see people try to help and you being a selfish, bad mannered person, why?  the guys tried to explain you some stuff and give you some advices but you started attacking and say mean things without a reason! and you are surprised that you got a warning!
You started a journal on a public forum and you are surprised that people try to give you advices or try to point some errors/ wrong moves etc? ,why being mean and do this instead of being nice? nobody can force you, they just give you advices,
if you want you can follow them or be stuborn and do what you believe without listen to anyone, but don't be supriced if anything goes wrong, you will see a AC video and you will know everything right?..... 
Everyone here is interested in ant keeping and most of the people here keep ants! that's why they want to help!
Stop being rude and just listen,
keep what you believe is good and research! ,try to make something better and show us the results, we will be happy to see it!
I will be happy to see your queen grow a large and powerful colony and you being a better person!

ONCE AGAIN, I AM LISTENING, I AM JUST NOT GOING TO DO IT. RESPECT MY DECISION TO NOT LISTEN TO OUTSIDE OPINIONS BASED ON LIMITED INFORMATION AS COMPARED TO MY PLAN WITH ALL THINGS CONSIDERED. 

I put that in caps so maybe you can comprehend it better. Furthermore you look extra stupid talking about results, HELLO, I just posted pics of my queen with "fungus" on her back, in a formicarium that is too big, on a surface she can't walk on, without ANY substrate, and her brood size almost doubled. RESULTS. Another great example of ignorace on this site  (y)

• Ecan likes this

#56 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 8:10 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

:yahoo:  

Edited by TroyMusil7, August 15 2021 - 8:33 AM.

#57 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 8:43 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

Bunch of negative nonsense on this site, I will not be sharing my experience with any of you. My queen is alive and well, The only thing that is dead is this thread.
You all earned it, enjoy  :drinks:

#58 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted August 15 2021 - 8:44 AM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Great job creating a bunch of spam on the forum. :)

Edited by Swirlysnowflake, August 15 2021 - 8:45 AM.

• TennesseeAnts, Ecan, KadinB and 2 others like this

My YouTube channel :)

#59 Offline Guest__006417_* - Posted August 15 2021 - 8:55 AM

Guest__006417_*
  • Guests

Great job trolling on the forum and helping to discourage a new user from sharing his colony with all of you and others to be part of a collective of logs documenting ants in captivity.
Instead its just your little troll victory. Stay desperate loser, cheers 

#60 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted August 15 2021 - 8:58 AM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Great job trolling on the forum and helping to discourage a new user from sharing his colony with all of you and others to be part of a collective of logs documenting ants in captivity.
Instead its just your little troll victory. Stay desperate loser, cheers 

I was politely offering advice, not forcing you to take the advice or discouraging you from sharing your experiences on your journal. 

• TennesseeAnts, Ecan, KadinB and 2 others like this

My YouTube channel :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users