• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
- - - - -

MG's P. imparis, a possibly Tragic Tale (but maybe not!)

antkeeping formicaria prenelopsis imparis canada ontario winter ant false honeypot ant polygyny

44 replies to this topic

#41 Offline mantisgal - Posted April 19 2021 - 7:28 AM

mantisgal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGolden Horseshoe, Ontario

Science Outpost captives were returned to the nest from whence they were kidnapped. Many re-entered the nest, a few ran off. Boys were evident at the nest, they might fly today: was cool and rainy yesterday, sunny today. My reasons for their release I have already stated. Mainly I realized I had a full plate of delicious Science to keep me occupied until I get more supplies in-house.

I continue to resist the urge to peek at my claustrals. I AM STRONG. I AM THE RESISTY.

Edited by mantisgal, April 19 2021 - 7:30 AM.

#42 Offline mantisgal - Posted April 20 2021 - 1:56 PM

mantisgal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Yesterday after releasing the Science Outpost, I was rewarded with a fertilized Queen on my doorstep. Hurrah! As it's been over a week since the other Ladies were ensconced in their chambers, I made a new chamber for her in the Bower.

Today I Peeked.

Lil Miss Lonely has spent the week pulling at her cotton, and a great job of it she did: she was a third of the way through the ball!. She was clearly unhappy so I released her at the entrance of her local nest. After some circling she went inside. I wish her good journey. Perhaps she will be in the next flight.

Wing & Wingless have about 6-8 eggs in a clutch, I am hopeful for them. Prenny Lane still has eggs and may have laid fresh ones. Yesterday's catch is settling in to her chamber nicely. Will try to resist until Saturday

• Lillyrose likes this

#43 Offline Antcatcherpro3 - Posted April 27 2021 - 5:05 AM

Antcatcherpro3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Nice! It is okay to look once in a while, but limit it to at least once every week. No more.

#44 Offline mantisgal - Posted May 3 2021 - 7:41 AM

mantisgal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I checked everyone on Saturday. EVERYONE HAS EGGS.

VERY EXCITING.

added a fertile Quartet during last week, they look good
  • TacticalHandleGaming likes this

#45 Offline mantisgal - Posted Yesterday, 10:49 AM

mantisgal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Peeked yesterday, the solo Queen was carrying her eggs around, very cute 😍

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: antkeeping, formicaria, prenelopsis imparis, canada, ontario, winter ant, false honeypot ant, polygyny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users