• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Custom Made Nests - [UK]

plaster cement sand water tower

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline Euron - Posted March 6 2020 - 2:07 PM

Euron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi there,

I'm selling these custom made in the UK.

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=

I can make these for you with several customizations based on you & your ants preferences.

Diameter of glass top - 60/80/100/120/150/180mm.

Water towers and sponge spots - we can discuss based on your ants needs but there isn't a set limit here - Some people like nests where they can change weekly which part of the nest is watered.

Depth - Again down to your ants needs, deeper nests give longevity to it but at a point can reduce visibility. 

Layout - You can send me a draft, or you can choose from something I have done before.

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=

These take me 2-3 weekls to make due to the curing process, I keep them very moist after casting for a week before cleaning them and letting them dry and then wetting again to dry. This assures the process of watering your ants in the future doesn't cause any uncured cement to harm your ants.

I do not always keep the size glass you may want stocked. I purchase from Alliexpress, and while they normally can ship to me within two weeks, due to the coronavirus this can be quite longer.

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=

Price - I do this as a hobby, and have a full time job, this is not something I'm trying to make money from but given the time to make and the material costs - I feel the following is appropriate. 

Roughly - £20 to £100 per nest (loosely based on glass size) - A £10 deposit required to start making your nest, once complete I will send you photos and you can make payment via paypal F&F.

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=

XDcaO9U.jpgjE5QZ4c.jpg0FxzStn.jpgLrCmjwc.jpg

Edited by Euron, March 6 2020 - 2:11 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plaster, cement, sand, water tower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users