• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

*gone*

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Offline RobertJ - Posted October 16 2019 - 12:22 PM

RobertJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley, CA

*gone*

Edited by RobertJ, October 16 2019 - 7:51 PM.

#2 Offline miwu - Posted October 16 2019 - 6:18 PM

miwu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Hi Robert, you still haven’t fulfilled my order from August. Now that you’re online again, can you please let me know how you wish to proceed?

Edit: Seems like Robert is intentionally ignoring my attempts to contact him. I'd strongly encourage anyone buying from him to be cautious about not receiving your items. Since August Robert has informed me about difficulties within his family and has disappeared since then.

Edited by miwu, October 17 2019 - 11:14 AM.

#3 Offline dspdrew - Posted October 16 2019 - 10:30 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

If you had something listed and it's no longer available, please just make note of it in on the topic rather than turning it into a meaningless post. Topics like this will just be seen as spam.

#4 Offline miwu - Posted October 17 2019 - 11:25 AM

miwu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

If you had something listed and it's no longer available, please just make note of it in on the topic rather than turning it into a meaningless post. Topics like this will just be seen as spam.

Hi Drew, do we have a section where we can settle disputes or post negative reviews for sellers? It was August 28 since Robert last communicated with me and read the conversation between him and me. He was short on a fragilis colony on a group deal, promised to ship me one the week after, and never did. If nothing can be done from this, that's okay. It was my mistake trusting another forum member. Thanks for your time!

• TennesseeAnts likes this

#5 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted October 17 2019 - 1:03 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Hi Drew, do we have a section where we can settle disputes or post negative reviews for sellers? It was August 28 since Robert last communicated with me and read the conversation between him and me. He was short on a fragilis colony on a group deal, promised to ship me one the week after, and never did. If nothing can be done from this, that's okay. It was my mistake trusting another forum member. Thanks for your time!

Nope. No subforum for that. There is the message system in chat though.

#6 Offline Reacker - Posted October 17 2019 - 1:31 PM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFree State of Greater Potatonia

This thread seems like an appropriate place to me.

• TennesseeAnts likes this

#7 Offline dspdrew - Posted October 17 2019 - 3:56 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

This thread seems like an appropriate place to me.

Exactly. I always figured the seller's thread would be the best place to post a review.

• Martialis and TennesseeAnts like this

#8 Offline AntPhycho - Posted October 17 2019 - 5:04 PM

AntPhycho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Edit- 

Never mind. No one was scammed.

Edited by AntPhycho, October 17 2019 - 6:14 PM.

Founding (for myself):                                                                                       My Shop

Solenopsis invicta experiments...                                                                     California

Ants & Formicaria

#9 Offline RobertJ - Posted October 17 2019 - 6:06 PM

RobertJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

First of all I did not scam Miwu or anyone for that matter. He requested a fragilis if I had them, I told him I'd not but could possibly get more and if I did I would let him know. I have not gotten anymore, therefore, I have not contacted him. Period. I fulfilled every part of the original order. I have been doing this for a while and have never had a single bad review until this. But to each their own. 

#10 Offline dspdrew - Posted October 17 2019 - 6:13 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Just out of curiosity now, miwu, did you pay for these ants, or just order them? There's a big difference.

#11 Offline RobertJ - Posted October 17 2019 - 6:21 PM

RobertJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

He purchased many other ants from me in a package deal that was highly discounted. He asked if I had any fragilis and if I did if I could add one. I did not, therefore I didn't. I sent out the rest of his order that was paid for in full and he received what he ordered and paid for. 

Edited by RobertJ, October 17 2019 - 6:21 PM.

#12 Offline antwall - Posted October 17 2019 - 6:21 PM

antwall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hello there, Robert, have you seen my messages?

Edited by antwall, October 17 2019 - 6:21 PM.

Argentine ants are mean.

#13 Offline RobertJ - Posted October 17 2019 - 6:22 PM

RobertJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

I sure have. You have mail lol

Edited by RobertJ, October 17 2019 - 6:24 PM.

• antwall likes this

#14 Offline HiepNotik - Posted October 17 2019 - 6:32 PM

HiepNotik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I’ve bought from Robert multiple times, and each time they were hundreds of dollars worth. He has always sent what he promised, and even gave me extras!
  • antwall likes this

#15 Offline DDD101DDD - Posted October 17 2019 - 6:34 PM

DDD101DDD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationNew York

In my opinion, we can't know anything for sure until we hear from miwu, because I think that there was a simple miscommunication, but to know for sure we would have to hear miwu's perspective.

• TennesseeAnts and antwall like this

He travels, he seeks the p a r m e s a n.

#16 Offline miwu - Posted October 17 2019 - 9:39 PM

miwu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
My message (8/1):
“Can you list again what's in the package? Is the Camponotus fragilis still available?”

Robert’s message (8/1):
“Large Camponotus package sale: 20 yellow C. vicinus queens with brood/workers, 1 C. semitestaceus colony with brood and 11 workers, 3 C. modoc with brood/workers,a C. quercicola queen with workers and brood, 2 black C. vicinus queens with workers and two THA Atom Founding Formicaria.

That fragilis has been spoken for but I will honor it and get one to you as soon as I get my others that come in which should be early next week.”

Edited by miwu, October 17 2019 - 9:52 PM.

#17 Offline miwu - Posted October 17 2019 - 9:49 PM

miwu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
As Robert stated, I purchased (paid for) a package deal from him (at a discounted price, thanks Robert). I asked Robert to clarify what was in the package, because his post on the forum was edited and no longer had the fragilis. IMO he stated he would honor the fragilis and send me one as part of the deal. He also said he “may” have a laevigatus to include in the package, which he never sent and I was okay with because he said didn’t say he would. I asked again about the fragilis after receiving the package, and Robert said on 8/11, “The fragilis will be sent when I get them in which should be this coming week at some point.”

On 8/23, I sent Robert another message, “ Any update? Still waiting for the fragilis.” Robert responded that he hasn’t been home (I’ll protect Robert’s privacy and not copy and paste this message on a public forum).

Since then he has not been in contact with me again and ignored my message on 10/1.

I thought Robert promised me the fragilis. Did I misunderstand him?

Edited by miwu, October 17 2019 - 9:56 PM.

#18 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted October 22 2019 - 2:50 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
I personally have had no problem purchasing from Robert. I hope you guys can clear this up!

Edited by YsTheAnt, October 22 2019 - 2:50 PM.

• TennesseeAnts, DDD101DDD and antwall like this

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#19 Offline miwu - Posted October 28 2019 - 7:39 AM

miwu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I personally have had no problem purchasing from Robert. I hope you guys can clear this up!

I hoped so to. He just doesn't want to respond, or at least he already said what he wanted to say. But it's okay, we all have different experiences with different people. I'm okay with not receiving one queen and won't be pursuing anything.

• FSTP and YsTheAnt like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users