1. Location (on a map) of collection: Ottawa Ontario
2. Date of collection: August 7th 2018 at around 5 PM.
3. Habitat of collection: On the pavement near an open grassy field.
4. Length (from head to gaster): 10 mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Dark Red head and thorax, and an all black gaster. Her entire body is covered in thick hairs.
6. Distinguishing characteristics: Her head is even larger than my Formica integra queen I caught last week and she is an even darker red colour.
7. Distinguishing behavior: Once again she has very good eyesight and is extremely agitated.
8. Nest description: N/A
9. Nuptial flight time and date: N/A
This queen refused to sit still, I tried for ever 20 minutes to get good pictures of her but she would not let me. That's why although she is completely covered in hairs you can't really see them in the pictures. I can't even guess with Formica the keys are too complicated for me.