• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

117 Colonies & Ant Farms - No Delivery after 8 months

117 colonies review

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 Offline cfreidsma - Posted April 6 2018 - 3:14 PM

cfreidsma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationZeeland, Michigan

I'm in this same situation. Ordered $90 worth of stuff back in 6/14/2017. Last contact I got back from him was in December 2017. First the 3d printers stopped working, and so I waited. They got fixed. He said that there were new changes to the nests, and if I would wait a little bit he would do the new style nests. Now he dropped off the face of the earth. Not responding to any emails I send from any of my email addresses, and nothing from Facebook either. I had received a good order prior to this one, so I figured it would work out. 

• T.C. and jushi like this

#42 Offline T.C. - Posted April 6 2018 - 6:27 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

I'm in this same situation. Ordered $90 worth of stuff back in 6/14/2017. Last contact I got back from him was in December 2017. First the 3d printers stopped working, and so I waited. They got fixed. He said that there were new changes to the nests, and if I would wait a little bit he would do the new style nests. Now he dropped off the face of the earth. Not responding to any emails I send from any of my email addresses, and nothing from Facebook either. I had received a good order prior to this one, so I figured it would work out. 

This makes number three I have heard of so far.

“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#43 Offline dspdrew - Posted April 7 2018 - 2:05 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

I talked to him on Facebook last week and he said he was going to check this thread "when he got home". That obviously didn't happen. Maybe he is still on his way home? :lol: I think the biggest problem, is that he really doesn't seem to care.

• T.C., ColKurtz and CatsnAnts like this

#44 Offline Exels1 - Posted April 7 2018 - 7:20 PM

Exels1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
i have been scammed by that theif Ryan Hubbard. I was directed to his business from this forum. He lied to me every message, i was a fool believing someone poisoning this amazing community. If his machines are down his PAYING customers need a refund. He continues to take orders, shut your business down if your printers are broken. Ryan promises he shipped it but that will always be a lie. Why do these people defend him. He is a thief, conman and needs to be kicked from every any page! He is destroying and poisning this hobby. I contacted PayPal and they refunded my money as a kind gesture, but they didn’t deduct it from his account. His store is still open taking orders and continues to steal. Anyone try contacting the better business bureau?

I have a timeline along with screenshots
Admins can you communicate with him or just kick him from the community

I ordered mine on 8/20/17
Contacted Sept 18th 2017- 117 colonies stated on back order
Contacted Dec 7th 2017 - 117 stated printers are down
Contacted Feb 25th 2018 - 117 stated out in the mail
March 5th 2018 - 117 said they never shipped it and will ship
April 5th 2018- asking for shipment or tracking number via email or messenger.
117 is ignoring all communications now.
  • T.C. and ColKurtz like this
Keeper of:
pheidole sp.
lasius flavus
camponotus noveboracensis
Aphaenogaster Sp.

I’m employing the bullet ants. Hapanera-clamda-mana-merna. I don’t remember what it’s called but I feel bad for this guy. -Scott Lang

#45 Offline gcsnelling - Posted April 8 2018 - 4:03 AM

gcsnelling

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

There must be an official scammers handbook out there, the only excuse he has not given yet is someone died/in a bad auto accident.

• Martialis and ColKurtz like this

#46 Offline ColKurtz - Posted April 8 2018 - 7:23 PM

ColKurtz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey/Massachuetts
He is getting it ripped on Facebook now on the anting groups.

#47 Offline KBant - Posted April 8 2018 - 8:13 PM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
I would be at his front door to “chat” if he led me on for months like that. What a punk.

#48 Offline Icyshadowz - Posted April 27 2018 - 7:50 PM

Icyshadowz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
That sucks i just ordered from him 2 days ago i tried calling and emailing him no response found this site now I'm seeing this I'm worried... :(

#49 Offline cfreidsma - Posted April 27 2018 - 7:55 PM

cfreidsma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationZeeland, Michigan

Either the 117Colonies FaceBook page has been deleted, or I have been blocked. The chat says "FaceBook User" now and the page isn't there. 

#50 Offline Icyshadowz - Posted April 27 2018 - 8:00 PM

Icyshadowz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I think it was deleted because i have never been there and it said something went wrong

#51 Offline Icyshadowz - Posted April 27 2018 - 8:02 PM

Icyshadowz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm guessing i should just dispute my order on paypal now?

#52 Offline T.C. - Posted April 27 2018 - 8:03 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

I'm guessing i should just dispute my order on paypal now?

Yes, the sooner the better.

#53 Offline Mortamir - Posted April 27 2018 - 8:05 PM

Mortamir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationRavensdale, WA
[censored] dog, didn't you ready anything? Kids,....

#54 Offline T.C. - Posted April 27 2018 - 8:09 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

[censored] dog, didn't you ready anything? Kids,....

Lets settle down here. Appears the first post he read was the one where it all first started and people said he was a good seller.

#55 Offline Icyshadowz - Posted April 27 2018 - 8:14 PM

Icyshadowz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Mortamir i just found this site only other post i had ever seen on him was a good review so order was already placed...

#56 Offline Icyshadowz - Posted April 27 2018 - 8:16 PM

Icyshadowz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks tc that sucks I really liked those ones showed them to my son he was excited and he's close to me so i figured we would get them no time flat

#57 Offline T.C. - Posted April 27 2018 - 8:25 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Thanks tc that sucks I really liked those ones showed them to my son he was excited and he's close to me so i figured we would get them no time flat

Get your money back, and buy something you'll actually get friend. ;)

I recommend aus ants, or tarheel ants.

#58 Offline Icyshadowz - Posted April 27 2018 - 8:27 PM

Icyshadowz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ya i looked at tarheel but really liked these one my sone prefers these ones now i gotta break the news to a 6yr old he's not getting what he wanted idc about the money or me but my kid i mean come on if you can't produce orders you shouldn't be taking new orders thanks again

#59 Offline T.C. - Posted April 27 2018 - 8:29 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Ya i looked at tarheel but really liked these one my sone prefers these ones now i gotta break the news to a 6yr old he's not getting what he wanted idc about the money or me but my kid i mean come on if you can't produce orders you shouldn't be taking new orders thanks again

Yeah, it's a crappy situation. May I recommend you make your own review in market place to help others in the future?

#60 Offline dspdrew - Posted April 27 2018 - 8:30 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

There's no excuse for continuing to take orders when you have no intention of fulfilling them.

• ColKurtz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users