• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Long Lasting Acrylic Hydration Is *Here*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 19 2017 - 11:42 AM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

So throughout the day, we plan on releasing up to 6 new products.  These new products will be alterations to the current acrylic styled nests on our website, however they will have an improved hydration system that will last anywhere from 3 weeks to 1.5 months depending on how heavily the colony uses it.   We are very excited to launch this product, and it is still in the same compact style we like (albeit a little taller) but taking up the same amount of space on a desk, shelf as any of the others do.  After these are launched we will still continue to carry both styles.

Ant-Topia

• ctantkeeper likes this
Owner and operator of Ant-topia, find me on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/ant-topia

#2 Offline SamKeepsAnts - Posted January 19 2017 - 1:18 PM

SamKeepsAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Will definitely buy some of your formicariums they are good pricing for their size

• T.C. likes this

Owner of :

7 Founding Brachymyrmex Patagonicus queens

#3 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 19 2017 - 5:02 PM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Update they are now here!  These nests work much like a test tube, but also with capillary action inside the nest, however unlike other acrylics, the water is restricted to the one chamber and will not slowly creep to fill the entire nest.   To learn more about these nests please visit www.anttopia.com

3x3

swNNqTM.jpg

3x6gKcFpQc.jpg

and the 6x6

puzhqZI.jpg

Edited by ParaStatic, January 20 2017 - 6:45 AM.

• ctantkeeper and Etherwulf like this
Owner and operator of Ant-topia, find me on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/ant-topia

#4 Offline antgenius123 - Posted January 19 2017 - 10:10 PM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Looks good, especially the 6x6

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Pheidole aurivillii (?)
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

#5 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 20 2017 - 4:26 PM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Looks good, especially the 6x6

Thank you.  :)  I try to keep them as clean looking as I can. 

• SoySauce likes this

#6 Offline Guzzer - Posted January 24 2017 - 8:01 PM

Guzzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

6x6 Looks great - Love the small footprint, especially for some of us that don't have more space :)

#7 Offline T.C. - Posted January 24 2017 - 9:44 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Them look nice. Also, this would be really helpful. I have several insects and archanids to care for in a week. This is just one thing that will make life easier.

“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#8 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 25 2017 - 7:40 AM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Them look nice. Also, this would be really helpful. I have several insects and archanids to care for in a week. This is just one thing that will make life easier.

Thanks T.C. yes it does make things a lot easier.  :)  Especially if you have a lot to care for.

#9 Offline Kevin - Posted January 25 2017 - 12:41 PM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

I've had similar ideas, how is the nest hydrated? The sponge?

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

#10 Offline AntsBrazil - Posted January 25 2017 - 1:22 PM

AntsBrazil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

I prefer the more natural nests but these look very good. Would be nice to see them connected with an outworld and with some ants inside. Good luck.

Owner of:

Atta sexdens

Camponotus rufipes

Camponotus cf. puntulactus

Pachycondyla striata

Solenopsis saevissima

#11 Offline ParaStatic - Posted January 25 2017 - 1:25 PM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

I prefer the more natural nests but these look very good. Would be nice to see them connected with an outworld and with some ants inside. Good luck.

I will try to get some pictures of the colonies I have residing in them.  :)  Slightly different setup as I have them in The View versions of these but same concept of the hydration and the nest.    The next couple projects I take on will be larger and and some will be more natural looking.  Finishing up the Modular line tonight and then moving forward.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users