• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Formicarium simulator

games formicarium simulator simulation 3d game

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Jacob432 - Posted November 21 2022 - 12:23 AM

Jacob432

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, 
Is there anybody who would love to play a game about designing your own formicarium? I mean a 3d, game where you could grow your colony, upgrade your formicarium, and just relax looking an your little fellas. As I see, there's nothing like this, but I would love to play it.

#2 Offline T.C. - Posted November 21 2022 - 4:01 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
This has to be satire.
  • Manitobant likes this

" Whatever You Are, Be a Good One "

#3 Offline Manitobant - Posted November 21 2022 - 7:58 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Empires of the undergrowth is somewhat similar i guess…
  • antsriondel, United-Ants and LowQualityAnts like this

#4 Offline Flu1d - Posted November 21 2022 - 1:23 PM

Flu1d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationPensacola, Florida
I think I kind of get what you're talking about.. Kinda like a simulator game where you create a design and build a formicarium, nest etc.. You pick your species of ant and you grow your formicarium as your colony gets bigger, all with pretty decent 3d graphics.

That would be an AWESOME Steam game, I already have a few games like that on there.. One for aquariums and fish and another for a videogame company and a couple of others.

I would buy this in an instant.

Edited by Flu1d, November 21 2022 - 1:23 PM.

#5 Offline LowQualityAnts - Posted November 22 2022 - 3:44 PM

LowQualityAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia
Empires of the undergrowth is NOT relaxing. I think there are some obscure ant farm games on mobile though.
  • antsriondel likes this

#6 Offline Katla - Posted November 23 2022 - 12:02 AM

Katla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFrankreich

Okay i see what you might want to express here, you won't find any recent game that will give you that satisfaction. On that note might i suggest Antwar.io 
As the name suggests it is a flash game, it is getting updates and is pvp and kinda pve access

image.png

#7 Offline NicholasP - Posted November 23 2022 - 8:17 AM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Empires of the undergrowth is NOT relaxing. I think there are some obscure ant farm games on mobile though.

It's meant to be terrifying. It's DESIGNED to be terrifying. It shows you the amount of strain that can go on a colony in the wild.

Okay i see what you might want to express here, you won't find any recent game that will give you that satisfaction. On that note might i suggest Antwar.io 
As the name suggests it is a flash game, it is getting updates and is pvp and kinda pve access

Antwar.io deserves so much more attention. It's so good.

#8 Offline LowQualityAnts - Posted November 23 2022 - 10:44 AM

LowQualityAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

It's meant to be terrifying. It's DESIGNED to be terrifying. It shows you the amount of strain that can go on a colony in the wild.

Nothing will ever capture what it feels like for a 4 star uber wolf spider to begin sprinting towards your nest at full speed.
  • United-Ants likes this

#9 Offline United-Ants - Posted November 23 2022 - 11:08 AM

United-Ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationUtah United States

Nothing will ever capture what it feels like for a 4 star uber wolf spider to begin sprinting towards your nest at full speed.

that has happed to me too and it is  terrifying seeing an uber wolf spider

#10 Offline Ant-nig321 - Posted November 23 2022 - 11:15 AM

Ant-nig321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Locationwest africa

Hi everyone,
Is there anybody who would love to play a game about designing your own formicarium? I mean a 3d, game where you could grow your colony, upgrade your formicarium, and just relax looking an your little fellas. As I see, there's nothing like this, but I would love to play it.

Ants underground is what i think you are talking about.it is a real interesting game.it has all the characteristics you listed above.

#11 Offline Flu1d - Posted November 23 2022 - 7:55 PM

Flu1d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationPensacola, Florida
So I found a mobile game that you walk around, catch your queens in the wild, get equipment like test tubes and formicariums, feed your ants and grow them etc.

Its cool but I think its a pretty big work in progress and I feel like you gotta basically pay to really get it going but I disnt play enough to judge it fairly.. It felt like it had potential to be THE perfect ant SIM for mobile, or the start of a perfect SIM... It just needs work. It is called "Ant Sim Tycoon".
  • antsriondel likes this

#12 Offline antsriondel - Posted December 2 2022 - 7:36 AM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRiondel British Columbia Canada.

So I found a mobile game that you walk around, catch your queens in the wild, get equipment like test tubes and formicariums, feed your ants and grow them etc.

Its cool but I think its a pretty big work in progress and I feel like you gotta basically pay to really get it going but I disnt play enough to judge it fairly.. It felt like it had potential to be THE perfect ant SIM for mobile, or the start of a perfect SIM... It just needs work. It is called "Ant Sim Tycoon".

Wow, this definitely looks like the best Ant simulator out there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games, formicarium, simulator, simulation, 3d game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users