P. Occidentalis colonies for sale. All queens are guaranteed fertile. These iconic western harvester ants are very fulfilling and easy to care for once a colony has been founded. All they really need is heat and seeds to thrive!
Each colony will come in a standard test tube setup with 2-5 workers. Small packs of natural Dandelion seeds will also be supplied with any order over $50.
2 day priority shipping will range from 10 to 15 dollars, depending on how many queens are purchased and where in the continental U.S. they will be shipped to.
***Note this species can be shipped to any continental state in the U.S. besides California and Florida without need for a permit.
1-2 colonies-$20 each
3 or more Colonies-$15 each
For bulk orders over 10 colonies, PM me for further discounts. This species is a favorite of retailers because of their deregulated interstate shipping status. If you would be interested in purchasing these to resale locally, I'd be happy to work out a bulk order with you.
Mature brood (pupae)-$5 per 10 pupae added to the order.
- Prefferred temperature is 80 to 90 degrees, be sure to proivide a heating gradient for optimal growth rates of larvae.
- These ants do sting, but this species is quite docile, especially when the colony is small.
- Can't climb most plastics and glass.
- Favorite seeds: Dandelion, Kentucky Bluegrass, and Chia. Fish flakes are also a favorite.
- Need humidity in the formicarium. Best formicariums to use: Dirt box style formicariums, Horizontal/Flat formicariums, THA mini hearth/labyrinth, Custom formicariums (PM for details).
*Gel ant farms are not suited for a colony's long term needs and development.
Feel free to personally message me with any offers or questions you may have,
Edited by UtahAnts, September 21 2022 - 3:00 PM.