• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Cold Blooded Creaturae (www.coldbloodedcreaturae.com)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Offline T.C. - Posted October 31 2022 - 7:48 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

I agree I like the color. Did you use pigment to get that color?

Yeah, I did use pigment. And the pigment is natural, so it won't harm the ants.

I can't really think of any pigments that you would use that are harmful.

• ColdBloodedCritters likes this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#22 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 5 2022 - 4:03 PM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Hello Formiculturians! I come with good news!

We are now dropping our price of our Horizontal Nest Pack (Small Edition) from our original $37.47 (Which even we'll admit was too expensive at the time) down to $25.47! This price (which was for the nest pack in the picture a few posts ago) will now be permanent and will stay that way unless if inflation takes a turn for the worst. We're glad to have dropped the nest price and we hope you guys are happy about that too.

You may be wondering about how we dropped the nest prices and how we did it was by creating a component to reduce sand molding time which thus reduces labor cost.

Thank you again everyone for your support throughout the past few months and we hope you guys keep ordering!

Our website will also be coming around soon as we have finally raised enough funds to create it! We know some people based on feedback haven't been ordering due to complications that come with not having a working website. We hope to fix that soon though and hope to get the website purchased and running as soon as we can! Thanks again!

Edited by ColdBloodedCritters, November 5 2022 - 4:07 PM.

#23 Offline ANTdrew - Posted November 6 2022 - 3:37 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,415 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Good price!
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#24 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 7 2022 - 10:02 PM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

I just purchased the website today and so I'll be working on it over the next few days and possibly weeks and try to get it up as soon as I can! This wouldn't have been possible without the support of you guys and I thank you all so much for your suggestions and support. The website is called ColdbloodedCreaturae.com. Creaturae standing for creatures in Latin. Thanks again everyone and I hope to keep you guys updated on the website and more!

• T.C. likes this

#25 Offline T.C. - Posted November 7 2022 - 10:24 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

ColdbloodedCreaturae.com isn't the easiest to google, but once it's ranked a little higher it should come up with a similar search. However that takes time.

#26 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 8 2022 - 7:42 AM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

ColdbloodedCreaturae.com isn't the easiest to google, but once it's ranked a little higher it should come up with a similar search. However that takes time.

Yeah. I wanted to try and get a cooler name that's a little easier to remember but they were all taken. Website I don't think has been launched yet though so I'm not sure how you managed to search it up?

#27 Offline T.C. - Posted November 9 2022 - 1:00 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Yeah. I wanted to try and get a cooler name that's a little easier to remember but they were all taken. Website I don't think has been launched yet though so I'm not sure how you managed to search it up?

... Tricks  B)

#28 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 11 2022 - 9:17 AM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Come one, come all! As the owner of our one and only website that's been made, I'd like to thank you all for supporting us through the hardest of times and the best moments. I wouldn't have been able to keep going had I not received all those critiques on how to improve our nests and our website. I will say that even I think that the nests have certainly improved with these changes. Thank you also to all the testers that tested out the website during development with testing out the cart, customer support, and our coupons for bulk orders. There were few of you but the fact that you actually wanted to help makes me really happy and I deeply appreciate it.

Now, enough of my yammering and let's get to the site! My fellow ant keepers... I now present you with!... Cold Blooded Creaturae, the site that is all inclusive for cold blooded animals but specializes in ants. Now what are you waiting for? Go check it out! And, if you order a quantity of 10 or over 10 of one nest type you get a 20% discount off your purchase! We'll list the codes down below! Once again, thank you for all your help and enjoy!

Cold Blooded Creaturae

Coupons for bulk orders of or over 10 of one nest type (or buy 10 of each for both codes!):

• bulkorderhorizontalpackse10+
  • bulkorderleafcutterpack10+

Edited by ColdBloodedCritters, November 11 2022 - 9:41 AM.

#29 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 11 2022 - 3:30 PM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Today all the way until the end of Sunday Midnight on Michigan's time we'll be having a 10% sale off all products to celebrate veterans day! Stop by our website Cold Blooded Creaturae and check out what we have! the code you have to apply at checkout is down below.

Code: veteransdayweekend10%

Edited by ColdBloodedCritters, November 11 2022 - 3:36 PM.

#30 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 18 2022 - 9:11 PM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Hey guys! Just want to update here and tell you guys that we've moved to our own little section of the forum! Find us there! (or here, whatever you want)

Cold Blooded Creaturae Megathread - Cold Blooded Creaturae (coldbloodedcreaturae.com) - Ants & Myrmecology Forum (formiculture.com)

#31 Offline ZTYguy - Posted November 18 2022 - 10:11 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California
I have a question. How is the pet surrendering going to work. Will those animals ever go up for adoption or will they simply be cared for.
Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#32 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 19 2022 - 9:06 AM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

I have a question. How is the pet surrendering going to work. Will those animals ever go up for adoption or will they simply be cared for.

Hi there. Thanks for the question! They will either go up for adoption or be cared for by us. Sometimes we may see one of our reptiles that we receive that really catches our eye and we may keep it back. Most will usually go to adoption though where we try to find them nice and loving homes.

#33 Offline ZTYguy - Posted November 19 2022 - 10:17 AM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California
Ok cool! And what would the avg adoption fee be
Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#34 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 19 2022 - 10:41 AM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Ok cool! And what would the avg adoption fee be

Average adoption fed will vary depending on the animal. So basically, rarity of the animal and how many resources we need to put into getting it to good health. We try to keep the cost as low down as we can.

• ZTYguy likes this

#35 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 19 2022 - 3:46 PM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

We have now added a donation option on our website. Any donations are greatly appreciated as a way to supplement our income to help us keep going and growing as we receive little outside help. Please consider donating to us and helping us out and helping us continue what we love. More details at the link itself. Thanks.

Donation Link:

Ants (coldbloodedcreaturae.com)

Edited by ColdBloodedCritters, November 19 2022 - 3:49 PM.

#36 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 22 2022 - 2:48 PM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

I'm interested in knowing something. What do you guys think about me possibly selling some Photography photos I have on my website? I have quite a few I could edit.

• AntsCali098 likes this

#37 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 24 2022 - 8:58 PM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Hello, my fellow ant keepers! We're throwing a Black Friday sale of 20% off everything with 2 flash sales of 30% off throughout the day at random times! There will only be 2 flash sales and we will show how many have occurred throughout the day on our website at the top on the home page. The flash sales only last 30 minutes each. You don't want to miss all these sweet deals and new additions! The sale starts at Midnight EST this Friday and the sale ends at Midnight EST on Saturday. So, what are you waiting for!? Go and check it out and take a look at what we have!

Cold Blooded Creaturae

#38 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 25 2022 - 10:09 AM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Our first Black Friday flash sale is going on now! Everything is off 30% for 30 minutes so it ends at 1:40 PM EST. GO GETTEM!

Cold Blooded Creaturae

Edited by ColdBloodedCritters, November 25 2022 - 10:18 AM.

#39 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 25 2022 - 8:10 PM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Our LAST Black Friday flash sale is going on now! Everything is off 30% for 30 minutes so it ends at 11:40 PM EST. GO GETTEM as this is the last flash sale for Black Friday!

Cold Blooded Creaturae

Edited by ColdBloodedCritters, November 25 2022 - 8:12 PM.

#40 Offline ColdBloodedCritters - Posted November 26 2022 - 12:08 PM

ColdBloodedCritters

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

The sale has been extended until Cyber Monday due to misunderstandings of the Black Friday Sale End Time. Check out the website for info about when the sale ends! Remember, 20% off sitewide!

Cold Blooded Creaturae

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users