• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ant adoption for everyone

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Floridaantz1000 - Posted April 3 2022 - 7:04 AM

Floridaantz1000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCrestview Florida
Hey everyone I am having an ant adoption event where you can adopt certain ants for free. The following ants are free. Mystery ant species with 100 workers, brachymyrmex colony with 200 workers, Pheidole navigans with 250 workers. I am giving all of these colonies away for free in the hopes that I may make a new friend.

#2 Offline That_one_ant_guy - Posted April 3 2022 - 7:14 AM

That_one_ant_guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Oh no not this again
  • Manitobant, Antkeeper01 and eea like this

#3 Offline eea - Posted April 3 2022 - 8:09 AM

eea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Hey everyone I am having an ant adoption event where you can adopt certain ants for free. The following ants are free. Mystery ant species with 100 workers, brachymyrmex colony with 200 workers, Pheidole navigans with 250 workers. I am giving all of these colonies away for free in the hopes that I may make a new friend.

Yea right  :/

-camponotus sansabeanus: 20 wokrers

#4 Offline Antkeeper01 - Posted April 3 2022 - 9:10 AM

Antkeeper01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationA random state in the US

Oh no not this again

We need oh_no_not_again to comment on this post lol

• azzaaazzzz00 likes this

1X Pogonomyrmex occidentalis 40-50 Workers

1X Solenopsis molesta 10 Workers (mono)

Ants I Want: Crematogaster sp, Camponotus Sp., Ponera Pennsylvanica, Mymercocystus sp.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kUjx-dPFMyVqOLw

Join Our Fledgling Discord Server https://discord.com/...089056687423489

#5 Offline ZTYguy - Posted April 3 2022 - 9:15 AM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

Please just go away ALREADY. Until I’ve seen proof that you are not preny just leave

Edited by ZTYguy, April 3 2022 - 9:15 AM.

• Manitobant and bmb1bee like this
Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#6 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted April 3 2022 - 9:31 AM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

You can't possibly be serious. Also I can really do without the "mystery" thing again.

• bmb1bee and ColAnt735 like this
Been keeping ants since January of 2021

Always try new things, even if its hard, hard is not impossible. We are smart and it's good to be smart but not too smart for your own good.

#7 Offline Floridaantz1000 - Posted April 3 2022 - 10:37 AM

Floridaantz1000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCrestview Florida
All I know about the mystery ants is that they are like the smallest ant species I have ever seen.

#8 Offline AntsDakota - Posted April 3 2022 - 10:59 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

"Mystery Ants" sounds quite unprofessional for a seller. Get them identified before selling AND post pictures. Then we'll talk.

• Antkeeper01 and bmb1bee like this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#9 Offline bmb1bee - Posted April 3 2022 - 12:41 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

"Mystery Ants" sounds quite unprofessional for a seller. Get them identified before selling AND post pictures. Then we'll talk.

I agree, you need pics to prove if they are alive and what kind of condition they are in before selling. If you can't pinpoint the species, at least ask to get it ID'ed...

• Antkeeper01 and ColAnt735 like this

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see." - Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and Camponotus journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

#10 Offline bmb1bee - Posted April 3 2022 - 12:44 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

You can't possibly be serious. Also I can really do without the "mystery" thing again.

Any sales post that has "mystery" in it is screaming SCAM in caps lock

• Antkeeper01 and ColAnt735 like this

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see." - Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and Camponotus journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

#11 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted April 3 2022 - 1:19 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

Translation:

Hey everyone I am having an ant adoption a scamming event where you can adopt certain ants non-existent ants for free so I can can steal yo money. The following ants are free are for scamming. Mystery ant species with 100 workers, brachymyrmex colony with 200 workers, Pheidole navigans with 250 workers. All of which I don't have. I am giving all of these colonies away for free scamming in the hopes that I may make a new friend become rich off of you.

• Manitobant, Antkeeper01, Dumpling and 2 others like this

Always try new things, even if its hard, hard is not impossible. We are smart and it's good to be smart but not too smart for your own good.

#12 Offline bmb1bee - Posted April 3 2022 - 1:32 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

Translation:

Hey everyone I am having an ant adoption a scamming event where you can adopt certain ants non-existent ants for free so I can can steal yo money. The following ants are free are for scamming. Mystery ant species with 100 workers, brachymyrmex colony with 200 workers, Pheidole navigans with 250 workers. All of which I don't have. I am giving all of these colonies away for free scamming in the hopes that I may make a new friend become rich off of you.

He may or may not have those colonies, we don't know for sure, but what we do know is that he'll get into trouble if he ships them out-of-state without a permit...

• Antkeeper01, azzaaazzzz00 and ColAnt735 like this

#13 Offline benxixi - Posted April 3 2022 - 1:36 PM

benxixi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationAlhambra, California

we should tell Drew to block this guy

• azzaaazzzz00 likes this

Ants ,formicary, and ants supply product for selling .

Discord : benxixi#0053 , ins :benxixi_ (ants, product, nest pictures)

Pogonomyrmex californicus  1

#14 Offline bmb1bee - Posted April 3 2022 - 1:39 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

we should tell Drew to block this guy

idk if he's Preny or not, but he's convincing me that he's a scammer. Drew does know about him though.

#15 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted April 3 2022 - 2:14 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

I mean if this guy starts posting pics of his colonies and stuff that would be more believable

#16 Offline eea - Posted April 3 2022 - 2:25 PM

eea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

The mystery species is just air in a test tube

• Manitobant, Antkeeper01, ZTYguy and 1 other like this

#17 Offline ZTYguy - Posted April 3 2022 - 2:27 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

Plot twist: THE TUBE DOESNT ACTUALLY EXIST

Edited by ZTYguy, April 3 2022 - 2:27 PM.

• Antkeeper01, azzaaazzzz00, antsriondel and 1 other like this
Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#18 Offline Manitobant - Posted April 3 2022 - 3:39 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

All I know about the mystery ants is that they are like the smallest ant species I have ever seen.

ah yes, so small in fact that you can’t even see them in the test tube

Edited by Manitobant, April 3 2022 - 3:42 PM.

• Antkeeper01 and antsriondel like this

#19 Offline eea - Posted April 3 2022 - 4:00 PM

eea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

They probably have some dead queens and workers saved up so they can put them in the test tube

#20 Offline bmb1bee - Posted April 3 2022 - 6:36 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

Nah, probably carbon dioxide from their breath when they excitedly pack it up to scam the buyer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users