• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Stateside Ants Megathread

statesideants stateside ants stateside

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 Offline ANTdrew - Posted January 7 2023 - 10:37 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,409 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Fluon, Camponotus modoc, Crematogaster cerasi, Lasius brevicornis, Monomorium ergatogyna, and Formica incerta all in stock.

Are those Cremas some of the Virginia stock?
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#62 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted January 8 2023 - 12:14 PM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • LocationWaukesha, Wisconsin.

Fluon, Camponotus modoc, Crematogaster cerasi, Lasius brevicornis, Monomorium ergatogyna, and Formica incerta all in stock.

Are those Cremas some of the Virginia stock?

They are indeed!

• ANTdrew likes this

Ant Keeping & Ethology Discord - 2000+ Members and growing

Statesideants.com - order live ants legally in the US

#63 Offline NicholasP - Posted January 8 2023 - 1:27 PM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

And they instantly sold out lol.

• ANTdrew and sANTa like this

#64 Offline ANTdrew - Posted January 8 2023 - 4:50 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,409 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

And they instantly sold out lol.

Wow! Well, whoever got some is lucky.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#65 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted February 22 2023 - 3:05 PM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationMaryland
Just got my Lasius brevicornis colony. They arrived in under a day and are all very healthy. 10/10

Attached Images

• 701E250F-9504-4825-A60D-53329F275175.jpeg

• AnthonyP163, ANTdrew and sANTa like this

My favorite queens/colony’s:
Pheidole Tysoni, Selonopis Molesta, Brachymyrmex Depilis, Tetramorium Immagrians, Prenolepis Imparis, Pheidole Bicirinata 

#66 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted April 5 2023 - 3:38 PM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

A decent amount of desert species are currently in stock. Solenopsis xyloni, Forelius pruinosus, Pheidole hyatti, and Solenopsis aurea all going up tonight. Lasius parasite queens are in stock and fresh Floridian Camponotus castaneus queens are in stock. Check the ants page here.

• BDantsalberta likes this

#67 Offline Flu1d - Posted April 6 2023 - 5:46 PM

Flu1d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationPensacola, Florida

Formisquarium bundles and more species now available, including Formica montana.

I'd like to know what the people of formiculture want to see most in an ant store. Let me know!

When you ask what we would like to see most in an ant store, do you means from one that only deals in ants, one that only deals in supplies (nests, outworlds, supplies for tube setups, etc?), or both?

#68 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted April 18 2023 - 8:07 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Formisquarium bundles and more species now available, including Formica montana.

I'd like to know what the people of formiculture want to see most in an ant store. Let me know!

When you ask what we would like to see most in an ant store, do you means from one that only deals in ants, one that only deals in supplies (nests, outworlds, supplies for tube setups, etc?), or both?

Both. I aim to cater to the community as a whole.

#69 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted April 18 2023 - 8:13 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Although Temnothorax texanus sold out quickly, Camponotus vicinus is now in stock. More temperate Camponotus are coming soon!

#70 Offline Flu1d - Posted April 19 2023 - 5:26 PM

Flu1d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationPensacola, Florida

What I like to see with shops that specifically sells ants is already pretty much done in your shop. You have clear photos, a good, accurate description and your prices are fair. Of course, we always want "cheaper", but I wouldn't roll my eyes at your prices at all.

As far as equipment goes, I like a little variety. Not just one type of nest material.. Maybe do SOME hybrids, SOME ultracal and SOME plastic nests, not all one type. Also, I like some good test tube setup options. The more creative/useful, the better.

I think another cool thing would also carry things useful to anting.. Perhaps some quality aspirators and whatever else you can think of that might not only be useful to the consumer but also bring you a little extra cash flow.

I think our North American companies all excel at what they do, I just think it would be great to have a one stop shop. (I find myself buying something I need for something different from this shop or there).

Edited by Flu1d, May 3 2023 - 4:50 PM.

#71 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted April 29 2023 - 6:21 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

What I like to see with shops that specifically sells ants is already pretty much done in your shop. You have clear photos, a good, accurate description and your prices are fair. Of course, we always want "cheaper", but I wouldn't roll my eyes atypur prices at all.

As far as equipment goes, I like a little variety. Not just one type of nest material.. Maybe do SOME hybrids, SOME ultracal and SOME plastic nests, not all one type. Also, I like some good test tube setup options. The more creative/useful, the better.

I think another cool thing would also carry things useful to anting.. Perhaps some quality aspirators and whatever else you can think of that might not only be useful to the consumer but also bring you a little extra cash flow.

I think our North American companies all excel at what they do, I just think it would be great to have a one stop shop. (I find myself buying something I need for something different from this shop or there).

Thank you! I've been working toward that and I will continue to do so. 

• TennesseeAnts likes this

#72 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted May 2 2023 - 5:36 PM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Lasius claviger with hosts is now in stock! These queens are fully accepted and this is the first time healthy queens + hosts have been commercially sold. There are only a few colonies available this year. Take a look here.

#73 Offline NCAntNoob - Posted May 4 2023 - 11:01 AM

NCAntNoob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
When will P. Occidentalis be in stock?

#74 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted May 6 2023 - 5:34 PM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Later on this summer, after their flights.

#75 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted June 13 2023 - 7:58 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Pogonomyrmex badius, Aphaenogaster occidentalis, Camponotus castaneus, Solenopsis xyloni, and more is now in stock!

#76 Offline Jonathan5608 - Posted June 17 2023 - 2:23 PM

Jonathan5608

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
Will you guys have prenos soon

#77 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted July 1 2023 - 12:22 PM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Will you guys have prenos soon

Prenolepis now in stock  :)

#78 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted July 1 2023 - 12:24 PM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Prenolepis imparis, Camponotus americanus, Camponotus floridanus, Lasius brevicornis, and many more now available. 

#79 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted July 21 2023 - 12:00 PM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

The Desert Drop is now here, including species such as Pogonomyrmex barbatus, maricopa, Novomessor cockerelli, and Camponotus ocreatus for sale. Trimorphic Pheidole (Pheidole rhea and Pheidole obtusospinosa) will soon be available  :)

I haven't forgotten the easterners, either! Pheidole morrisii, bicarinata, and Tetramorium immigrans are also in stock. 

• Mettcollsuss likes this

#80 Offline AnthonyP163 - Posted July 31 2023 - 7:52 AM

AnthonyP163

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

More for the east! Colobopsis impressa, Formica dolosa, and Crematogaster pinicola now in stock.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: statesideants, stateside ants, stateside

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users