Long overdue Update.
Been getting rid of/selling/releasing any thing I can't keep housing.
Here is the update list on what I have left. Down sized a lot after selling many test tube queens.
Polyrhachis vermiculosa: Queen A - now has 25w.
Also released the large Polyrhachis vermiculosa colony. Now I only have the queen I raised. Her colony has grown well and are doing great. Thinking of putting them into a small bigantkeeping nest. No brood boosting done.
Polyrhachis ammon: Queen A: 30w Queen C: 20w
Both colonies have been brood boosted with some brood from outside wild colonies. The extra numbers has really helped them get going. Didn't do mass brood boosting. Only did small amounts once a month.
Polyrhachis daemeli: Queen no.5: 8w
Only queen I have left. Sold the rest. Was brood boosted with a few larvae from a queen that died. Doing very well and I'm happy with them.
Polyrhachis rufifemur: Queen 1: 8w Queen 2: 5w
Doing fantastic. Really love watching them grow. No brood boosting done to any of the two.
Polyrhachis hookeri: Only queen I have, has 3 workers. Will be selling her at a later date. she's doing fine, its just I have two colonies of them and don't need her.
Both other colonies are doing great. Both now fill out 2 test tubes and i'll have to add another one to each soon.
Polyrhachis tubifera: Queen 1: 3w
Sold/gaveaway the other queen. she had one worker and brood.
Polyrhachis aurea: Queen 1: Has 1 worker and brood. Very slow but doing ok.
Poly with no ID Queen: Had 1 worker but queen killed it. Extremely slow to grow. Has brood and a cocoon.
Rhytidoponera sp. Renamed to Rhytidoponera chalybaea Queen now has 5 workers with more on the way. very happy with her.
Colobopsis macrocephala: Queen 1: 14w Queen 2: 13w
Both colonies are doing great!
Dolichoderus scrobiculatus: Queen 1: 28w Queen 2:9w
First queen is doing amazing. she has grown 28w so far and a few die off from old age. 2nd queen I found with 1-2 workers. Doing welll too.
Both queens stopped laying for a few weeks even on heat in winter but have since started to lay again.
Tetramorium sjostedti queen still only has brood. No workers yet.
Two other spare Polyrhachis ammon colonies I will be selling later one. Queen A: 16w Queen B: 26w
Other than these girls I also have a 2 queen Iridomyrmex bicknelli starting colony. They are doing well and are more of an experiment. I want to see how big they grow. Not sure if I will sell them at a later date or make something for them to dig in.
Collected a small Tetramorium fuscipes colony. Doing very well and had like 4-6 queens at collection.
Carebara sp - Mostlikely Carebara cornigera: Colony growing very fast Doing so well.
Pheidole sp colony staying at a steady pace.
Stigmacros sp colony doing alright. Needs a new test tube.
Cardiocondyla sp colony doing so well. In a bigantkeeping small nest. I had two of these colonies that I put together, They then became one colony. They keep inbreeding and I now can't count how many queens they have.
Monomorium sp still doing great. Very small kind. Still only takes up 1-1.5cm worth of a 13mm x 100mm test tube.
Crematogaster queenslandica colony doing well. Still has its 3 queens.
Opisthopsis pictus colony. Renamed to Opisthopsis pictus ssp. lepidus. Doing fantastic. Now fills out two test tubes.
Camponotus humilior have around 35-40 workers now. Will be selling them soon.
Myrmecia nigrocincta still no extra workers yet. even with substrate the brood fails to spin a cocoon. However this time one failed but is still alive and developing. Might get a worker to hatch without it ever spining a cocoon.
I will Make another post and post the quick pictures I took of some of my ants. If any ants were not said in the list above it means I have: got rid of them by selling/releasing.