• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Idontexist's solenopsis journal

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#261 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted March 8 2022 - 4:42 PM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

No one posted on here for pretty long so I thought it was like dead now...and god knows where Idontexist went

His last post was here. And not too long ago he went and called Syuteo a dummy for not keeping Pharaoh Ants (which Syuteo was trying to kill). I thought Idontexist was a nice guy :(.

• Antkeeper01 likes this
Young ant keeper with a decent amount of knowledge on local ant species.

YouTube: https://m.youtube.co...uKsahGliSH7EqOQ (It's pretty dead. Might upload again soon, don't expect my voice to sound the same though.)

Currently kept ant species, favorites have a star in front of their names (NOT in alphabetical order, also may be outdated sometimes): Camponotus irritans inferior, Ooceraea biroi, Pheidole parva, Nylanderia sp., Paraparatrechina tapinomoides, Platythyrea sp., Anochetus sp., Colobopsis sp. (cylindrica group), Crematogaster ferrarii, Polyrhachis (Myrma) cf. pruinosa, Polyrhachis (Cyrtomyrma) laevissima, Tapinoma sp. (formerly Zatapinoma)

Death count: Probably over a hundred individual queens and colonies by now. I cannot recall whatsoever.

#262 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted March 8 2022 - 5:27 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

Yea, so many people looked down on him just because he was trying :(, I hope he comes back or at least  he didn't give up because of this. He tried so hard and kept getting pushed down, but this time I wonder if he has the strengh he get back up, I hope he does.

• NicholasP, Leptomyrmx, ColAnt735 and 1 other like this
Been keeping ants since January of 2021

Always try new things, even if its hard, hard is not impossible. We are smart and it's good to be smart but not too smart for your own good.

#263 Offline NicholasP - Posted March 8 2022 - 5:45 PM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Yea, so many people looked down on him just because he was trying :(, I hope he comes back or at least  he didn't give up because of this. He tried so hard and kept getting pushed down, but this time I wonder if he has the strengh he get back up, I hope he does.

Yeah. The people who were looking down on him and saying rude things instead of giving advice to him I'm still a little disappointed in to this day. If that's how people will treat a new ant keeper who's struggling and needs help then maybe people should just leave the antkeeping community since it may be becoming toxic but I'm not sure. I might take back everything I just said about the antkeeping community but we'll see. I will agree though that Idontexist was wrong in saying rude things to others but others seem to have been forgetful of the thing that is taught in preschool and elementary "Treat others the way you want to be treated".

Edited by NicholasP, March 8 2022 - 5:47 PM.

• AntsCali098 likes this

#264 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted March 8 2022 - 6:15 PM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

Yeah. The people who were looking down on him and saying rude things instead of giving advice to him I'm still a little disappointed in to this day. If that's how people will treat a new ant keeper who's struggling and needs help then maybe people should just leave the antkeeping community since it may be becoming toxic but I'm not sure. I might take back everything I just said about the antkeeping community but we'll see. I will agree though that Idontexist was wrong in saying rude things to others but others seem to have been forgetful of the thing that is taught in preschool and elementary "Treat others the way you want to be treated".

If you look around the forum, you'll notice that plenty of new antkeepers have gotten advice from us. Idontexist spammed threads and repeatedly made double posts (and triple, quadruple, etc.) despite members telling them not to and explaining how to not make double posts. Sure, much of the "rude" things were uncalled for, but Idontexist has never defended themself or tried to improve their care for their queens or their way of posting on this forum. Unlike other members, they have also never asked for advice, so being frustrated with them isn't completely unjustifiable. 

• NicholasP, antsriondel and Leptomyrmx like this

#265 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted March 8 2022 - 6:23 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

I get that some people would get frustrated after Idontexist does something but there is no reason to become so rude. I could tell that Idontexist has has tried to take better care of the ants and made some progress. That's life, if you don't try, you won't fail, but youll never succeed.

• NicholasP and ColAnt735 like this

Always try new things, even if its hard, hard is not impossible. We are smart and it's good to be smart but not too smart for your own good.

#266 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted March 8 2022 - 7:28 PM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

If you look around the forum, you'll notice that plenty of new antkeepers have gotten advice from us. Idontexist spammed threads and repeatedly made double posts (and triple, quadruple, etc.) despite members telling them not to and explaining how to not make double posts. Sure, much of the "rude" things were uncalled for, but Idontexist has never defended themself or tried to improve their care for their queens or their way of posting on this forum. Unlike other members, they have also never asked for advice, so being frustrated with them isn't completely unjustifiable. 

I agree with this though. They never asked for help and even if we gave advice, they would never take it. They get all cocky and act smart in other peoples threads too, resulting in their rude behavior. But it is still wrong to discourage someone from keeping hard to keep ant species, even if they are a beginner. 

YouTube: https://m.youtube.co...uKsahGliSH7EqOQ (It's pretty dead. Might upload again soon, don't expect my voice to sound the same though.)

Currently kept ant species, favorites have a star in front of their names (NOT in alphabetical order, also may be outdated sometimes): Camponotus irritans inferior, Ooceraea biroi, Pheidole parva, Nylanderia sp., Paraparatrechina tapinomoides, Platythyrea sp., Anochetus sp., Colobopsis sp. (cylindrica group), Crematogaster ferrarii, Polyrhachis (Myrma) cf. pruinosa, Polyrhachis (Cyrtomyrma) laevissima, Tapinoma sp. (formerly Zatapinoma)

Death count: Probably over a hundred individual queens and colonies by now. I cannot recall whatsoever.

#267 Offline antsriondel - Posted March 9 2022 - 10:08 AM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationRiondel British Columbia Canada.

I agree with this though. They never asked for help and even if we gave advice, they would never take it. They get all cocky and act smart in other peoples threads too, resulting in their rude behavior. But it is still wrong to discourage someone from keeping hard to keep ant species, even if they are a beginner. 

I agree.

#268 Offline NicholasP - Posted March 9 2022 - 10:25 AM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

This journal never dies lol. Someone please insert the meme "Why. Won't. YOU. DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!".

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#269 Offline ColAnt735 - Posted March 9 2022 - 10:40 AM

ColAnt735

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

I used to support Idontexist but his recent behavior has been very rude. 

Edited by ColAnt735, March 9 2022 - 10:48 AM.

• Antkeeper01, azzaaazzzz00 and lazyant like this

"If an ant carries an object a hundred times it's weight,you can carry burdens many times your size.

#270 Offline bmb1bee - Posted March 9 2022 - 10:54 AM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

This journal never dies lol. Someone please insert the meme "Why. Won't. YOU. DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!".

This journal has in fact been more alive than ever before lol

• Antkeeper01 and ColAnt735 like this

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see." - Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and Camponotus journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

#271 Offline ColAnt735 - Posted March 9 2022 - 10:59 AM

ColAnt735

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

This journal has in fact been more alive than ever before lol

Although it is more of an advice giving thread (with a bit of debate here and there) that the creator of this journal completely ignores.

• Antkeeper01, azzaaazzzz00 and lazyant like this

"If an ant carries an object a hundred times it's weight,you can carry burdens many times your size.

#272 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted March 9 2022 - 12:57 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

I don't think Idontexist even comes on anymore...

#273 Offline Jadeninja9 - Posted March 9 2022 - 2:38 PM

Jadeninja9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area, CA
I think it’s very very obvious that idontexist is a small child and meanwhile everyone is holding him to a standard of maturity lol
  • ZATrippit likes this

#274 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted March 9 2022 - 2:39 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

hey we don't know how old Idontexist is

Edited by azzaaazzzz00, March 9 2022 - 2:40 PM.

#275 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted March 9 2022 - 3:46 PM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

hey we don't know how old Idontexist is

They do live with their parents, so they are likely young. I don’t remember what thread it was but they mentioned it.

#276 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted March 9 2022 - 3:57 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

Yea they mentioned that at the very beggining of this "journal", but something I must say is that I live with my parents but I'm doin' fine

#277 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted March 9 2022 - 6:08 PM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

I hope this thread never dies. It's beautiful.

• Jadeninja9, Chickalo, azzaaazzzz00 and 1 other like this

#278 Offline bmb1bee - Posted March 9 2022 - 7:16 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA
Idontexist is probably not that young, at least he knows the scientific names of a few species of ants in his region, not a lot of younger antkeepers could do that. Gotta give him some credit people.
  • Chickalo, ANTS_KL, NicholasP and 2 others like this

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see." - Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and Camponotus journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

#279 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted March 10 2022 - 1:10 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

And if Idontexist is young, the fact that he can remember stuff like that just proves that he has potentials.

#280 Offline bmb1bee - Posted March 10 2022 - 1:25 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

And if Idontexist is young, the fact that he can remember stuff like that just proves that he has potentials.

Potentials, yes, but whether he wants to reach his potential or not is his own choice. He can choose to take the advice we give him or not, and if he doesn’t then fine. If he does take it, it’s our job in this forum to help him become a better antkeeper. I still believe he has the capability to get better at this, but it’s just that he kinda doesn’t really want to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users