• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Idontexist's solenopsis journal

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#281 Offline Antkeeper01 - Posted March 10 2022 - 2:54 PM

Antkeeper01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationA random state in the US

My sister can remember some scientific names of ants that doesn't mean she's old(she's 9)

• azzaaazzzz00, PaigeX and bmb1bee like this

1X Pogonomyrmex occidentalis 40-50 Workers

1X Solenopsis molesta 10 Workers (mono)

Ants I Want: Crematogaster sp, Camponotus Sp., Ponera Pennsylvanica, Mymercocystus sp.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kUjx-dPFMyVqOLw

Join Our Fledgling Discord Server https://discord.com/...089056687423489

#282 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted March 10 2022 - 4:43 PM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

My sister can remember some scientific names of ants that doesn't mean she's old(she's 9)

That's just you being an influence on your siblings like me XD

Young ant keeper with a decent amount of knowledge on local ant species.

YouTube: https://m.youtube.co...uKsahGliSH7EqOQ (It's pretty dead. Might upload again soon, don't expect my voice to sound the same though.)

Currently kept ant species, favorites have a star in front of their names (NOT in alphabetical order, also may be outdated sometimes): Camponotus irritans inferior, Ooceraea biroi, Pheidole parva, Nylanderia sp., Paraparatrechina tapinomoides, Platythyrea sp., Anochetus sp., Colobopsis sp. (cylindrica group), Crematogaster ferrarii, Polyrhachis (Myrma) cf. pruinosa, Polyrhachis (Cyrtomyrma) laevissima, Tapinoma sp. (formerly Zatapinoma)

Death count: Probably over a hundred individual queens and colonies by now. I cannot recall whatsoever.

#283 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted March 10 2022 - 4:48 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

If Idontexist ever comes back to this thread, I hope he does listen to the advice because he could probably become a awsome antkeeper.

• ANTS_KL and ColAnt735 like this
Been keeping ants since January of 2021

Always try new things, even if its hard, hard is not impossible. We are smart and it's good to be smart but not too smart for your own good.

#284 Offline bmb1bee - Posted March 11 2022 - 11:06 AM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

LOL same here… being an antkeeper somehow has its benefits. I like influencing people with scientific names for some reason.

Edited by bmb1bee, March 11 2022 - 11:08 AM.

• antsriondel likes this

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see." - Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and Camponotus journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

#285 Offline ColAnt735 - Posted March 11 2022 - 11:24 AM

ColAnt735

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

LOL same here… being an antkeeper somehow has its benefits. I like influencing people with scientific names for some reason.

Its the same with my brother he can name at least thirty ant genus.Although he calls the genus Atta Attamyrmex which is kind of funny because its a mix of Atta and Acromyrmex but that is the only ant genus he gets wrong.

"If an ant carries an object a hundred times it's weight,you can carry burdens many times your size.

#286 Offline AntsCali098 - Posted March 11 2022 - 7:24 PM

AntsCali098

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, California (SoCal)

I understand that Idontexist is being rude, but please keep your thoughts about Idontexist to yourselves. This isn't even a journal anymore, its just filled with people being very disrespectful to Idontexist.

Edited by AntsCali098, March 11 2022 - 7:25 PM.

• NancyZamora4991 and Locness like this

Interested buying in ants? Feel free to check out my shop

Feel free to read my journals, like this one.

Wishlist:

Atta sp (wish they were in CA), Crematogaster cerasi, Most Pheidole species

#287 Offline NicholasP - Posted March 11 2022 - 9:27 PM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

To be honest it's sad that this journal isn't getting the effort like owners from other journals to become seen. This journal is basically now just do controversial things, say rude things, and that's how you get a journal to almost 8,000 likes which is getting close to pass some of the journals with people who put incredible amounts of effort into their work like Stuyeo and ANTdrew. Please guys... just don't comment anymore until Idontexist comes back as to let newer topics to flourish that deserve to get likes and views and not get them easily like this journal.

Edited by NicholasP, March 11 2022 - 9:30 PM.

• azzaaazzzz00, Leptomyrmx and AntsCali098 like this

#288 Offline Jadeninja9 - Posted March 11 2022 - 11:15 PM

Jadeninja9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area, CA
I’m sorry I have to say that’s just hilarious

#289 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted March 12 2022 - 12:33 AM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

To be honest it's sad that this journal isn't getting the effort like owners from other journals to become seen. This journal is basically now just do controversial things, say rude things, and that's how you get a journal to almost 8,000 likes which is getting close to pass some of the journals with people who put incredible amounts of effort into their work like Stuyeo and ANTdrew. Please guys... just don't comment anymore until Idontexist comes back as to let newer topics to flourish that deserve to get likes and views and not get them easily like this journal.

Syuteo*
Almost everyone is spelling his name wrong  :rofl:

• Antkeeper01 likes this
Young ant keeper with a decent amount of knowledge on local ant species.

YouTube: https://m.youtube.co...uKsahGliSH7EqOQ (It's pretty dead. Might upload again soon, don't expect my voice to sound the same though.)

Currently kept ant species, favorites have a star in front of their names (NOT in alphabetical order, also may be outdated sometimes): Camponotus irritans inferior, Ooceraea biroi, Pheidole parva, Nylanderia sp., Paraparatrechina tapinomoides, Platythyrea sp., Anochetus sp., Colobopsis sp. (cylindrica group), Crematogaster ferrarii, Polyrhachis (Myrma) cf. pruinosa, Polyrhachis (Cyrtomyrma) laevissima, Tapinoma sp. (formerly Zatapinoma)

Death count: Probably over a hundred individual queens and colonies by now. I cannot recall whatsoever.

#290 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted March 12 2022 - 4:19 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

DId any of you even consider Nicholas's point? Or are we going to start fooling around again and packing this thread with useless stuff. I mean seriously, Idontexist probably doesn't even come on anymore, yet we're still talking about what he did in the past. We have gained nothing from this.

• ANTS_KL, NicholasP and ColAnt735 like this

Always try new things, even if its hard, hard is not impossible. We are smart and it's good to be smart but not too smart for your own good.

#291 Offline ANTdrew - Posted March 13 2022 - 7:44 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,402 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
A mod should lock this thread or move it to the sandbox. I still think I should be a mod.
  • Antkeeper01, ANTS_KL, NicholasP and 2 others like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#292 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted March 13 2022 - 8:14 AM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

You probably should be, cause it seems no one else cares enough to lock this thread...

• Antkeeper01 and ColAnt735 like this

#293 Offline Leptomyrmx - Posted March 13 2022 - 8:19 PM

Leptomyrmx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

I'd say move it to the sandbox, a bit of discussion is ok but I do think everyone's just repeating themselves.

My Ants:

Colonies: Camponotus humilior 1w, Opisthopsis rufithorax 11w, Aphaenogaster longiceps ~5w, Pheidole sp. ~235w ~15m, Iridomyrmex sp. 2q 1w, Brachyponera lutea 6w, Crematogaster sp. ~20w, Podomyrma sp. 1w

Queens: Polyrhachis cf. robinsoni, Polyrhachis (Campomyrma) sp. (likely infertile)

Previously Kept: Colobopsis gasseri, Technomyrmex sp., Rhytidoponera victorae, Nylanderia cf. rosae, Myrmecia brevinoda/forficata, Polyrhachis australis, Solenopsis/Monomorium

Key: Q = Queen, W = Worker, M = Major

Youtube Channel: Ants of Sydney - YouTube

Patreon (for YouTube channel): https://www.patreon.com/antsofsydney

#294 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted March 14 2022 - 3:31 AM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

This isn't a journal anymore and yet it's still in here. Can't we discuss somewhere else?

• Antkeeper01, ColAnt735 and AntsCali098 like this

#295 Offline Idontexist - Posted May 28 2022 - 6:10 AM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I'm back boys!!!!! Now with an exciting nee update!! I didn't catch trap jaws or solenopsis. I caught camponotus!!!!
I'm back boys!!!!! Now with an exciting nee update!! I didn't catch trap jaws or solenopsis. I caught camponotus!!!!
  • OiledOlives, azzaaazzzz00, lazyant and 2 others like this

#296 Offline FloridaAnts - Posted May 28 2022 - 12:44 PM

FloridaAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationFlorida

I'm back boys!!!!! Now with an exciting nee update!! I didn't catch trap jaws or solenopsis. I caught camponotus!!!! I'm back boys!!!!! Now with an exciting nee update!! I didn't catch trap jaws or solenopsis. I caught camponotus!!!!

Really? Odontomachus flew where I live, or at least the males did.

#297 Offline Leptomyrmx - Posted May 28 2022 - 3:50 PM

Leptomyrmx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

That's great, they're super easy.

• azzaaazzzz00, ColAnt735 and lazyant like this

My Ants:

Colonies: Camponotus humilior 1w, Opisthopsis rufithorax 11w, Aphaenogaster longiceps ~5w, Pheidole sp. ~235w ~15m, Iridomyrmex sp. 2q 1w, Brachyponera lutea 6w, Crematogaster sp. ~20w, Podomyrma sp. 1w

Queens: Polyrhachis cf. robinsoni, Polyrhachis (Campomyrma) sp. (likely infertile)

Previously Kept: Colobopsis gasseri, Technomyrmex sp., Rhytidoponera victorae, Nylanderia cf. rosae, Myrmecia brevinoda/forficata, Polyrhachis australis, Solenopsis/Monomorium

Key: Q = Queen, W = Worker, M = Major

Youtube Channel: Ants of Sydney - YouTube

Patreon (for YouTube channel): https://www.patreon.com/antsofsydney

#298 Offline Idontexist - Posted May 29 2022 - 5:48 AM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I also caught a spiny red queen so i gave it leaves because you know who it is (its not atta)

#299 Offline Idontexist - Posted May 29 2022 - 5:51 AM

Idontexist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I also caught a spiny red queen so i gave it leaves because you know who it is (its not atta) https://imgur.com/gallery/LFpQXF9https://imgur.com/gallery/p5sQQMo ENJOY new queen pics
I also caught a spiny red queen so i gave it leaves because you know who it is (its not atta) https://imgur.com/gallery/LFpQXF9https://imgur.com/gallery/p5sQQMo ENJOY new queen pics

#300 Offline bmb1bee - Posted May 29 2022 - 11:30 AM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

I also caught a spiny red queen so i gave it leaves because you know who it is (its not atta) https://imgur.com/gallery/LFpQXF9https://imgur.com/gallery/p5sQQMo ENJOY new queen pics I also caught a spiny red queen so i gave it leaves because you know who it is (its not atta) https://imgur.com/gallery/LFpQXF9https://imgur.com/gallery/p5sQQMo ENJOY new queen pics

Please click the post button only once next time. Nice catch, but we actually don’t know what it is. I assume you’re guessing it’s an Acromyrmex queen since you gave it leaves and said that it’s not Atta, but it’s not an Acromyrmex. It kinda looks like a Colobopsis or Camponotus queen.

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see." - Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and Camponotus journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users