• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Looking for a phidole colony READ DESC

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Syber_ant - Posted February 1 2021 - 2:06 PM

Syber_ant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBrentwood california

yoyo mod delete tis

Edited by Syber_ant, February 2 2021 - 12:13 PM.

#2 Offline Manitobant - Posted February 1 2021 - 2:43 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Please stop spamming and put all of the things you are looking for in one thread. Also nobody is gonna send you a colony before you pay them in March. That is a huge risk and has resulted in scams.

Edited by Manitobant, February 1 2021 - 3:36 PM.

• TennesseeAnts and Chickalo like this

#3 Offline strawnkayden1 - Posted February 1 2021 - 10:52 PM

strawnkayden1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
Pheidole and capitalize you I’s and don’t spam please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by strawnkayden1, February 1 2021 - 10:53 PM.

#4 Offline FSTP - Posted February 1 2021 - 11:06 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

If you can't pay until march then why are you asking now? Also you have to wait that long to spend less then the 20 dollars you're saying it needs to be? Maybe anting isn't the hobby for you. 

#5 Offline Chickalo - Posted February 2 2021 - 6:29 AM

Chickalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationSalem, Massachusetts

I doubt you're going to find a Pheidole colony for under 20, even if it's small.

Can you specify around how many workers and brood (and queens depending on the species) you'd like?  If it's too much money I'd recommend spending the money on test tubes and cotton to wait for spring or summer, since I'm pretty sure you can't ship Pogonomyrmex into Cali without a permit.

シグナチャーです。예.

#6 Offline antsandmore - Posted February 2 2021 - 8:37 AM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

I doubt you're going to find a Pheidole colony for under 20, even if it's small.

Can you specify around how many workers and brood (and queens depending on the species) you'd like?  If it's too much money I'd recommend spending the money on test tubes and cotton to wait for spring or summer, since I'm pretty sure you can't ship Pogonomyrmex into Cali without a permit.

yea. just catch some queens by spring or summer. everyone is waiting until then. and since pheidole are a fast growing genus, it will be hard to find a small colony. 

• Chickalo likes this

Ants I am keeping:

none for now, planning on being more active this year

#7 Offline Syber_ant - Posted February 2 2021 - 12:15 PM

Syber_ant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

If you can't pay until march then why are you asking now? Also you have to wait that long to spend less then the 20 dollars you're saying it needs to be? Maybe anting isn't the hobby for you. 

I've kept for 5 years .,.

yea. just catch some queens by spring or summer. everyone is waiting until then. and since pheidole are a fast growing genus, it will be hard to find a small colony. 

in my area you can only get unatives and argintines smh its kinda sad

#8 Offline antsandmore - Posted February 2 2021 - 12:17 PM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

what colonies have you kept?

Edited by antsandmore, February 2 2021 - 12:17 PM.

Ants I am keeping:

#9 Offline Syber_ant - Posted February 2 2021 - 12:17 PM

Syber_ant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Please stop spamming and put all of the things you are looking for in one thread. Also nobody is gonna send you a colony before you pay them in March. That is a huge risk and has resulted in scams.

i did not mean that i meant they tell me then in march i pay them and theysend the ants 

well i live in cali

#10 Offline antsandmore - Posted February 2 2021 - 12:18 PM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

i did not mean that i meant they tell me then in march i pay them and theysend the ants 

well i live in cali

then why not ask for this in march? that's still a month away. (A month away from anting season! I can't believe it!)

• Chickalo likes this

Ants I am keeping:

#11 Offline Syber_ant - Posted February 2 2021 - 12:18 PM

Syber_ant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

what colonies have you kept?

llots of camopnotus brachys Pogonomyrmex honeypots molesta and a couple of phidoles

#12 Offline Syber_ant - Posted February 2 2021 - 12:19 PM

Syber_ant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

well i live in cali

then why not ask for this in march? that's still a month away. (A month away from anting season! I can't believe it!)

here in brentwood its like argintine land lol

#13 Offline Syber_ant - Posted February 2 2021 - 12:21 PM

Syber_ant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

also i just noticed how toxic the anting community is sometimes well i got the arachnid ppl

#14 Online gcsnelling - Posted February 2 2021 - 3:41 PM

gcsnelling

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Perhaps learn to spell and or use spell check?

llots of camopnotus brachys Pogonomyrmex honeypots molesta and a couple of phidoles

• FSTP likes this

#15 Offline antsandmore - Posted February 2 2021 - 3:54 PM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Perhaps learn to spell and or use spell check?

seems like they were in a rush for some reason...

camopntous - Camponotus

brachys - Brachys/Brachymyrmex

Pogonomyrmex

honeypots - Myrmecocystus(since you did all the others in the scientific name of the Genus)

molesta - Solenopsis molesta (genus name is important)

Pheidole - pheidole

just cause... sorry

Edited by antsandmore, February 2 2021 - 3:54 PM.

• Chickalo likes this

Ants I am keeping:

#16 Offline Manitobant - Posted February 2 2021 - 4:00 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
No offense but I’m pretty sure he’s lying. This guy would be using proper terms if he was keeping that long, or at least would act more experienced than he seems. I’m just entering my 5th year in this hobby and I never do this kind of thing.

Edited by Manitobant, February 2 2021 - 4:05 PM.

• FSTP, EthanNgo678 and Chickalo like this

#17 Offline Chickalo - Posted February 2 2021 - 4:19 PM

Chickalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationSalem, Massachusetts

First off, yeah we can be kinda toxic I'm not gonna lie, but often it's just joking around

Second, I'm not saying you're lying, but It's a bit unbelievable that you've been anting for over a year now but you don't use scientific terms to often, especially when it comes to Linepithema humile, since it's supposedly common where you live.  If you are there's really no reason to, since if it get's find out it only gives you a bad rep

Third, I don't know man, most people have a third so

In conclusion:  I recommend coming out know and admitting to anything you were lying about, if you weren't lying or just aren't that's fine too, but I (also) recommend learning about some of your local species scientific name, since common names can get thrown around so it's not very specific (Like instead of saying Fire ant say Solenopsis invicta, etc).  Then again you can always give me a bad rating and ignore this and call me stupid.

Sincerely, Chickalo

• FSTP, Manitobant and antsandmore like this

シグナチャーです。예.

#18 Offline Devi - Posted February 2 2021 - 4:38 PM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

No offense but I’m pretty sure he’s lying. This guy would be using proper terms if he was keeping that long, or at least would act more experienced than he seems. I’m just entering my 5th year in this hobby and I never do this kind of thing.

Yeah.  Sorry to say this, but it's kind of hard to take you seriously when you write, "Pheidole."  Correct spelling is pheidole.  Maybe try having better grammar and spelling.  I would also recommend formulating your posts better because the one above is confusing, at least to me.  It does seem like you want them to send them now and then you pay later.  Just saying...  Feel free to completely disregard my advice, I'm just trying to be helpful.  Good luck. :)

Haha, DSP's language filter caught the spelling mistake above.  p-h-i-d-o-l-e is what I was talking about.  LOL.

Edited by Devi, February 2 2021 - 4:39 PM.

• FSTP, TennesseeAnts and ANTdrew like this

#19 Offline antsandmore - Posted February 2 2021 - 5:33 PM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

to be honest, I was thinking the same thing, but lets not jump into conclusions so fast.

Ants I am keeping:

#20 Offline strawnkayden1 - Posted February 2 2021 - 8:21 PM

strawnkayden1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
There is people with bad grammar in general so he could be someone who just has bad grammar. I myself have had bad grammar with some names like for years I’ve spelt Pogonomyrmex Pogomyrmex and I recently found out the correct spelling. Pogonomyrmex is not a common species where I live though so this doesn’t explain the bad grammar except for the fact that you might’ve been typing fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Chickalo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users