• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Sorry for bringing more drama to formiculture, I'll no longer engage the bullies

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 16 2021 - 10:24 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

While I need to work on it like I did in real life back in school, but I won't engage in bullies anymore. Recent one was with nurbs, and I didn't go the right way to go about it. And zeiss did give good advice in chat to me in private, and this is a forum for science and ants in most sections or peoples ant colonies, not to insult others or bully people or create drama like I did with stars the other week (which was still dumb and a waste of time). I still think most people should just ignore a poster and not go to their threads (or just do a 1 star if they really hate the person), instead of going to a thread and ruining its content. Like going to antscanada videos all the time and hating his videos and antscanada, then ranting about it everywhere instead of ignoring the channel completely. I think the same could go to other stuff, just focus on stuff one likes instead of the negative stuff. Which I need to focus on as well, as I do get good comments and what not and the rare troll or bully is just that...rare and then I end up hyperfocusing on that one post.

I am however not only one targeted, and won't name him and he doesn't come here often, but think he is hated more than I am in far more places sadly and don't think its even because of his character or personality or who he is, just hated kinda like I am but even more so. But I see him with how he reacts with it is he seems to brush it off and never engages and just keeps posting the same things ignoring those bullying him and trying to ruin his threads or getting them shut down. Yet he keeps posting and ignoring those posts. I've seen one or two others around here not well liked either, though they don't seem to get trolled/bullied as much.

Of course retaliating as I do is the difference as I've never seen them retaliate, they just ignore it. Which I haven't and just retaliate in a stupid waste of time immature manner (like stars as I said was a complete waste of time, or just messaging or posting things to create more drama to...like tonight "make an insult, get insulted back") was my mindset and then that doesn't help anything. And definitely doesn't make formiculture nice to visit and makes the situation a lot worse.

Since I always thought formiculture was a great place to find science info on ants (and other things) and to learn and enjoy peoples content, not create dumb drama on a forum more in a professional setting. So that leaves off, even if others don't see formiculture as the same or don't like me for whatever reason, I'll just ignore that post and do what others who aren't well liked either around here, and keep posting the same thing as I always do. Engaging in trolls or bullies as I learned as a kid in real life just makes them target one more, and I guess over time I forgot that or just some reason the internet is different to me than real life, that I haven't handled it here online as much as I could back in school.

Either way, I do want formiculture to be a great place to visit, not be filled with insults and dumb drama that ruins the forum or going to peoples threads and insulting them or ruining the thread just because don't like it for whatever reason. That definitely doesn't make for a very professional looking forum and drives people away, and I definitely haven't helped with that at all. And sorry for engaging the trolls and bullies in a wrong manner and making the forums worse, instead of ignoring it and not just being part of the same problem like I have been.

Edited by Vendayn, January 16 2021 - 10:37 PM.

• Enderz, AnthonyP163, ANTdrew and 4 others like this

#2 Offline Guest_StrickyAnts_* - Posted January 16 2021 - 11:05 PM

Guest_StrickyAnts_*
  • Guests

Thank You.

#3 Offline Tyr_Ants - Posted January 17 2021 - 12:54 AM

Tyr_Ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCosta Mesa California
You should have thought about that in the first place before rating everyone one star you could have easily ignored whatever you didn't like, you brought this upon yourself, still don't appreciate you giving me one star when I haven't even met you or even talked to you and tricking me into thinking you're another person in my City that keeps ants. You brought this upon yourself, but heh at least you accept the consequences that come with acting like a fool.

Edited by Tyr_Ants, January 17 2021 - 12:55 AM.

• Manitobant likes this

Ant Shop: (restocking soon) https://www.formicul...op/#entry195574  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  B)  B)  B)

#4 Offline ANTdrew - Posted January 17 2021 - 3:18 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Thank you, Vendayn. I forgive you. We all need less conflict, drama, and division in our lives right now. Formiculture is a great place to come to learn about ants and biology in general. It’s a great escape from the crap-storm our country has become. There’s nothing wrong with spending this brief time we have on earth learning, building connections, and making friendships.
  • AnthonyP163, Canadant, Lazarus and 5 others like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#5 Offline NickAnter - Posted January 17 2021 - 8:05 AM

NickAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

(y)

Hi there! I went on a 6 month or so hiatus, in part due, and in part cause of the death of my colonies. 

However, I went back to the Sierras, and restarted my collection, which is now as follows:

Aphaenogaster uinta, Camponotus vicinus, Camponotus modoc, Formica cf. aserva, Formica cf. micropthalma, Formica cf. manni, Formica subpolita, Formica cf. subaenescens, Lasius americanus, Manica invidia, Pogonomyrmex salinus, Pogonomyrmex sp. 1, Solenopsis validiuscula, & Solenopsis sp. 3 (new Sierra variant). 

#6 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 17 2021 - 8:26 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

Rated 5 stars!  :D Thank you Vendayn!

#7 Offline Manitobant - Posted January 17 2021 - 8:36 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
What did he do this time?

#8 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 17 2021 - 8:44 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

What did he do this time?

He apologized.

#9 Offline Manitobant - Posted January 17 2021 - 9:23 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
I’m not trying to be rude but what did he have to apologize for?
  • Tyr_Ants likes this

#10 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 17 2021 - 9:41 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

All the drama he has ever created?

#11 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 17 2021 - 10:29 AM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA
Thank you :)

My YouTube channel :)

#12 Offline Tyr_Ants - Posted January 17 2021 - 12:22 PM

Tyr_Ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

An apology won't do much he has to show that he has changed

Ant Shop: (restocking soon) https://www.formicul...op/#entry195574  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  B)  B)  B)

#13 Offline Guest_StrickyAnts_* - Posted January 17 2021 - 12:37 PM

Guest_StrickyAnts_*
  • Guests

Why yall so salty? he's trying to change.  :o

• Devi likes this

#14 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 17 2021 - 12:45 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Why yall so salty? he's trying to change.  :o

Well it is true, one can say they'll do something and not do it or just not mean it. Tyr is right, that one has to show than just say it.

• Devi likes this

#15 Offline ANTdrew - Posted January 17 2021 - 12:50 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Time to let bygones be bygones in this forum and in our nation.
  • TennesseeAnts, ConcordAntman and Ecan like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#16 Offline AleeGuy - Posted January 17 2021 - 12:57 PM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Yes, now donate your body for a science research :rofl: . Jk, bruh Tyr why are you so salty mate?

#17 Offline Tyr_Ants - Posted January 17 2021 - 8:05 PM

Tyr_Ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Yes, now donate your body for a science research :rofl: . Jk, bruh Tyr why are you so salty mate?
Nah I just don't appreciate someone that I have no idea who that is that I've never talked to that person or even know that he existed giving me a one star on my profile.

#18 Offline AleeGuy - Posted January 17 2021 - 9:03 PM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Nah I just don't appreciate someone that I have no idea who that is that I've never talked to that person or even know that he existed giving me a one star on my profile.

Here, I gave 5 stars as a compensation (y)

#19 Offline Tyr_Ants - Posted January 17 2021 - 9:44 PM

Tyr_Ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Here, I gave 5 stars as a compensation (y)

Oh thank you very much!

#20 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 18 2021 - 8:19 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

I mean it happened to me too. I'm the one who made the thread about it in the first place. I just appreciate that they realize that that was not appropriate behavior and they won't be doing that anymore.

Edited by Kaelwizard, January 18 2021 - 8:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users