• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Sorry for bringing more drama to formiculture, I'll no longer engage the bullies

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Tyr_Ants - Posted January 18 2021 - 8:23 AM

Tyr_Ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCosta Mesa California

I’m not trying to be rude but what did he have to apologize for?

All the drama he has ever created?

An apology won't do much he has to show that he has changed

Yes, now donate your body for a science research :rofl: . Jk, bruh Tyr why are you so salty mate?

Nah I just don't appreciate someone that I have no idea who that is that I've never talked to that person or even know that he existed giving me a one star on my profile.

I mean it happened to me too. I'm the one who made the thread about it in the first place. I just appreciate that they realize that that was not appropriate behavior and they won't be doing that anymore.

I understand, but he has to show that he has changed, he can do many things that show that he has changed like for example he could give everyone he randomly rated one star a five star that would be a good resolution :)

Ant Shop: (restocking soon) https://www.formicul...op/#entry195574  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  B)  B)  B)

#22 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 18 2021 - 9:21 AM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

I’m not trying to be rude but what did he have to apologize for?

All the drama he has ever created?

An apology won't do much he has to show that he has changed

Yes, now donate your body for a science research :rofl: . Jk, bruh Tyr why are you so salty mate?

Nah I just don't appreciate someone that I have no idea who that is that I've never talked to that person or even know that he existed giving me a one star on my profile.

I mean it happened to me too. I'm the one who made the thread about it in the first place. I just appreciate that they realize that that was not appropriate behavior and they won't be doing that anymore.

I understand, but he has to show that he has changed, he can do many things that show that he has changed like for example he could give everyone he randomly rated one star a five star that would be a good resolution :)

sadly, once rated, can't change the rating. Even if drew/zeiss/fstp don't care about stars or pay attention to them, and I'm over that as well, it would be nice to be able to change it. maybe some threads get worse over time or others get better

#23 Offline drtrmiller - Posted January 18 2021 - 9:48 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

sadly, once rated, can't change the rating. Even if drew/zeiss/fstp don't care about stars or pay attention to them, and I'm over that as well, it would be nice to be able to change it. maybe some threads get worse over time or others get better

Member Ratings can be changed.  Thread Ratings can not be changed.

• Swirlysnowflake likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#24 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 18 2021 - 9:56 AM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Member Ratings can be changed.  Thread Ratings can not be changed.

oh you are right, they can. just not threads then. Cause I tried changing a member rating before the other day and it stayed the same. But you are right, when I put 5 stars on Tyr, he went back to a full 5 stars

• ANTdrew likes this

#25 Offline DDD101DDD - Posted January 18 2021 - 10:57 AM

DDD101DDD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationNew York

Why do you care so much about the rating when we already agreed it's useless?

He travels, he seeks the p a r m e s a n.

#26 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 18 2021 - 11:05 AM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Why do you care so much about the rating when we already agreed it's useless?

Well I still don't like I said and drew/zeiss/fstp already all say its useless, but some people seem to care a lot so I put tyr back to 5 stars.

Edited by Vendayn, January 18 2021 - 11:05 AM.

#27 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 18 2021 - 11:23 AM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

To further on that. There is lots of stuff I find useless. Like every thread needing pictures no matter the quality, just to have pictures so people don't complain. I don't go around on all those threads and bully/troll others (as I described in the opening post) about how they must have no reading skills or imagination or how useless I find their pictures. Some people just really care about pictures more than reading, and that is fine. Personally I don't need pictures and don't really put much pictures in my threads, and some people think that is also useless and sometimes they complain but I don't actually care lol.  But I'm not gonna go around on every thread and say how useless I find it, cause again that's just drama and bullying people, plus some pictures are actually rather good.

So point is, some people find stars super important, where as I find them useless (well it did get me at first but I got over it fast) like drew/zeiss/fstp agreed with in chat. 

Either way, that leads to the original kinda intent of the thread on top of the apology. I'm sure tons of people find stuff useless (like pictureless threads) or don't like how people post or don't like the person or whatever, and I'm sure people could ignore it and focus on stuff they like and positive stuff (like ignoring antscanada instead of hate watching him lol), instead of focusing on negativity like a lot of people do these days (which I know I've been part of that problem to). But if they find that stuff important and I don't, that's still great for them and I respect that.

(edit:

Though I don't actually think people don't have imagination if they need pictures, just an exaggerated example of what someone would do to bring up drama. Some people care about that like they do about stars. To me, like if I need to learn something or how to do something (like cooking a recipe or building/making something like a formicarium), videos and pictures actually make it more confusing for me. I do vastly better learning with reading than I do video/picture guides. So maybe that's why even if I had a really good camera, I'd still barely post pictures in my threads. Some people don't like that and need pictures and that's fine. Either way, everyone finds something useless that another person finds useful. Maybe that's why I mostly post long stuff in my topics, cause to me, text is easier for me to learn with and imagine with than just videos and pictures. But this is a bit outside the intent of the thread

Edited by Vendayn, January 18 2021 - 11:45 AM.

#28 Online ANTdrew - Posted January 18 2021 - 11:58 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,402 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
If a lot of people care about it, you can’t really say it’s meaningless. I mean, who wants one star when you can have five? In any case, I applaud Vendayn for setting things right.
  • Vendayn, CheetoLord02, Spazmops and 1 other like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#29 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 18 2021 - 12:16 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

If a lot of people care about it, you can’t really say it’s meaningless. I mean, who wants one star when you can have five? In any case, I applaud Vendayn for setting things right.

Pretty much. I mean, to some it is meaningless, to others it isn't. Which is pretty much the point summed up in one sentence lol.

#30 Offline AntaholicAnonymous - Posted February 3 2021 - 8:45 AM

AntaholicAnonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationAustria
People are different in the ways they learn things. You do better with text and I'm better with pictures.

When I learn for tests and the topic doesn't interest me for example I have a picture of the pages in my head that I can read off of so i store most infos in images.

I can make pictures up in my head when I read a journal but especially when it comes to unique setups Id also like to see it cause my imagination can never be as accurate as a photograph. If I can't convert Infos into images chances are it won't stick.

So there's no right or wrong just different ways of processing information

#31 Offline Manitobant - Posted February 8 2021 - 7:36 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Well that lasted a while huh?

#32 Offline Vendayn - Posted February 8 2021 - 7:38 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Well that lasted a while huh?

I already explained that I thought selling invasives was highly frowned upon. Sorry if it seemed like I was trolling. Didn't realize it was okay to sell invasive ants these days.

#33 Offline Manitobant - Posted February 8 2021 - 7:39 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
Just read that. Sorry

Edited by Manitobant, February 8 2021 - 7:39 PM.

#34 Offline AleeGuy - Posted February 9 2021 - 3:37 PM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Welp, RIP Vendayn. 201#-2021  :ehh:. Should've  not pm-ed inappropriate content to other fc members including underagers :warning:.

#35 Offline Guest_StrickyAnts_* - Posted February 9 2021 - 3:43 PM

Guest_StrickyAnts_*
  • Guests

Own up to your words ey?  :whistle:

#36 Offline Manitobant - Posted February 9 2021 - 3:45 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
Well that lasted a while. Have fun with your ban, and don’t come back on an alt, you’re not welcome.

Edited by Manitobant, February 9 2021 - 3:46 PM.

#37 Offline gs5248 - Posted February 9 2021 - 6:06 PM

gs5248

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationSacramento California

Honestly. This is supposed to be a forum about ants, not whatever Vendayn was doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users