• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AAK discord, their leaders and their rules

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Froggy - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:02 AM

Froggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationCave Creek, Arizona

Well the anti harassment rule is broken every time someone is found to have exotics. They basically call you out in front of everyone to humiliate and then ban you.

hmmm, almost like you did something illegal!

also, making a thread on Formiculture isn't gonna change anything at all, it's just gonna make the mods hate you more and the people hate everyone more, if you have a legitimate concern take it to the owner of the discord

Edited by Froggy, November 5 2020 - 10:05 AM.

• OiledOlives likes this

#22 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:03 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

ok, yikes reading this topic. might i add that we should debate over the aak server, not argue and call names? if you have a experience that is bad, obviously that is not good, unless you were legitimately doing something illegal on the discord. you can share those experiences, and why you don't do it anymore, but please no name calling. 

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#23 Offline AntsDakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:04 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
what point are you trying to get across here?

Their point was to accuse the mods of unnecessary harassment, hypocrisy (in terms of their rules), and being overly strict.

Note that I AM NOT MAKING, AGREEING WITH, OR SUPPORTING THESE CLAIMS, I'm simply trying to clarify for you what they were trying to say.

But I do believe that yes, they (Who are trash-talking AAK) are making a bigger deal out of it than it's worth.

Yet also it is illogical and a terrible argument to claim that ANY server is flawless (not saying you (Stricky) said this, I am just making the point for anyone).

Edited by AntsDakota, November 5 2020 - 10:05 AM.

• TennesseeAnts, Ants_Dakota and Devi like this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#24 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:05 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

we are lucky at the antsdakota discord server to have ant dude on like constantly and devoting hours to the upkeep of the server. madbiologist as well. they take their jobs seriously. 

Edited by Ants_Dakota, November 5 2020 - 10:05 AM.

• TennesseeAnts and Devi like this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#25 Offline AntsDakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:06 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

we are lucky at the antsdakota discord server to have ant dude on like constantly and devoting hours to the upkeep of the server. madbiologist as well. they take their jobs seriously. 

To be fair, Madbiologist isn't on there that often, actually. It's the Dude, myself, Devi, and AleeGuy.

• TennesseeAnts, Ants_Dakota and Devi like this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#26 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:07 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

To be fair, Madbiologist isn't on there that often, actually. It's the Dude, myself, Devi, and AleeGuy.

ok. well, he seems to be on whenever i am on(not often enough!)

• TennesseeAnts likes this

#27 Offline Barristan - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:09 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBindlach, Bavaria, Germany

yep, this thread is about AAK and not about advertising another Discord server ;).

Isn't calling someone an idiot also calling names?

Now they want me to show myself:

alt1

alt2

alt3

I wonder what would happen if I did?

1) They will discuss with me there
2) They will ban me immediately

Only the smartest among men can find the right answer.

Edited by Barristan, November 5 2020 - 10:43 AM.

• Somethinghmm and Devi like this

#28 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:21 AM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Well the anti harassment rule is broken every time someone is found to have exotics. They basically call you out in front of everyone to humiliate and then ban you.

also, making a thread on Formiculture isn't gonna change anything at all, it's just gonna make the mods hate you more and the people hate everyone more, if you have a legitimate concern take it to the owner of the discord

Why are you trying to make it all about Barristan and the other people that dislike that server? Those messages speak for themselves about the hypocrisy and abuse that goes on in AAK, and discrediting those who bring it up doesn't change the facts.

• Barristan, TennesseeAnts and MinigunL5 like this

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#29 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:21 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

yep this thread is about AAK and not about advertising another Discord server ;).

Isn't calling someone an idiot also calling names?

sorry about that. i will stop now. :)

• Devi likes this

#30 Offline Froggy - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:25 AM

Froggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Why are you trying to make it all about Barristan and the other people that dislike that server? Those messages speak for themselves about the hypocrisy and abuse that goes on in AAK, and discrediting those who bring it up doesn't change the facts.

I'm not trying to discredit people, I'm just saying that making a random thread does not change anything, it just makes people angry on both sides, there is not point in making a thread like this

#31 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:27 AM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Have you ever tried to bring up issues to the owner of that server? If you had you would understand that there is no way to get your point across going through the owner or their staff.

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#32 Offline Froggy - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:29 AM

Froggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Have you ever tried to bring up issues to the owner of that server? If you had you would understand that there is no way to get your point across going through the owner or their staff.

true, it's far better then doing whatever this is though

Edited by Froggy, November 5 2020 - 10:30 AM.

• Devi likes this

#33 Offline EthanNgo678 - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:29 AM

EthanNgo678

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationMarin, Ca

I'm not trying to discredit people, I'm just saying that making a random thread does not change anything, it just makes people angry on both sides, there is not point in making a thread like this

I agree, if people could understand each other's  points through talking there would be less war. 

• Ants_Dakota, Froggy and Devi like this

Plants r cool

#34 Offline Barristan - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:34 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
It would be like trying to reason with a dictator in a banana republic. Soul and his mods have their own little virtual banana republic called Ants & Ant-keeping discord.

The only way AAK can change is by removing Soul + all of his mod team and replace them with more rational people.

alt4

Yes, feel free to join this civilized discussion.

Edited by Barristan, November 5 2020 - 10:44 AM.

• MinigunL5 and Devi like this

#35 Offline OiledOlives - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:46 AM

OiledOlives

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationVirginia

look mom i'm famous

• FeedTheAnts, DDD101DDD, Froggy and 1 other like this

#36 Offline Devi - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:50 AM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

I understand all, (actually not all, but most) of your points.  I am part of AAK, but am not on there very often because I think it's not managed very well.  I think that quite truthfully, the mods need to follow their own rules, BUT ABOVE ALL, people (that have been a part of this thread) just use that chat to promote chaos, disorder, and just enjoy making trouble.  This is the main reason this server isn't a success in my opinion.  All of those people, (and you know who you are) just need to stop, and enjoy the server for how it was meant to be used.  We have a wonderful community on the ADK server.  We have a great mod team, with people devoted to the well-being of our server.

All I can say:

Join our fledgling but growing AntsDakota Discord community! https://discord.gg/vkwjYzz

• TennesseeAnts, Ants_Dakota and Fatatoille like this

#37 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:56 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

I understand all, (actually not all, but most) of your points.  I am part of AAK, but am not on there very often because I think it's not managed very well.  I think that quite truthfully, the mods need to follow their own rules, BUT ABOVE ALL, people (that have been a part of this thread) just use that chat to promote chaos, disorder, and just enjoy making trouble.  This is the main reason this server isn't a success in my opinion.  All of those people, (and you know who you are) just need to stop, and enjoy the server for how it was meant to be used.  We have a wonderful community on the ADK server.  We have a great mod team, with people devoted to the well-being of our server.

All I can say:

Join our fledgling but growing AntsDakota Discord community! https://discord.gg/vkwjYzz

exactly. perhaps if people would talk mainly about ants or their own ant colonies on the aak server, things might be a little bit better. after all, who here hates ants?

• Fatatoille and Devi like this

#38 Offline Barristan - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:57 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Ok since it is all about advertising again:

Please Join the most bestest discord ant server ever created: Ant-keeping & Ethology

- Over 670
members (a lot of them banned from AAK)
- experts from all around the world
- The least strict rules of every ant keeping discord
- memes
- [censored] posts
- edgy jokes

- no [censored] bunny keeper as owner

Edited by Barristan, November 5 2020 - 11:07 AM.

• TennesseeAnts, Ants_Dakota, MinigunL5 and 1 other like this

#39 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 10:59 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Ok since it is all about advertising again:

Please Join the most bestest discord ant server ever created: Ant-keeping & Ethology

- Over 670 members (a lot of them banned from AAK)
- experts from all around the world
- The least strict rules of every ant keeping discord
- memes
- [censored] posts
- edgy jokes

edgy jokes? sounds interesting though.

Edited by Ants_Dakota, November 5 2020 - 10:59 AM.

• Devi likes this

#40 Offline Devi - Posted November 5 2020 - 11:03 AM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

All I can say:

And just to clarify, because MANY people are getting very upset because "I just keep advertising ADK."  This looks like one post to me, and I wouldn't call it advertising, I'm just sharing my opinion on the matter, and because I said I like ADK a lot, I'm leaving the link IN CASE someone is interested in joining. 

Edited by Devi, November 5 2020 - 11:05 AM.

• Ants_Dakota likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users