• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AAK discord, their leaders and their rules

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Barristan - Posted November 5 2020 - 1:21 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBindlach, Bavaria, Germany

Most of you know (especially the ones banned from there :-) ) that the AAK (Ants & Ant-Keeping) discord has some very strict rules. You can read these 9 rules on antscihub.com (I don't know why it has sci in it, I don't see a lot of science there, but anyway...).

The first rule says the following:

No harassment
Under no circumstances can you harass someone else, pick fights, or cause drama. There's never any reason to be an [censored].

A very reasonable rule that even I can agree on, but let's see if all of the moderators or even the owner of the discord comply with this rule.

On 2020-09-22 soul (the founder of the discord server) wrote the following:

jesus christ

just argued with subverted on formiculture for like an hour

I don't know how that dude isn't embarassed to argue the way he does

you'd think his mother was dryer sheet eating world champion during pregnancy with how smooth brained his arguments are

Sub

And in 2017 he already wrote the following about the same user:

subverted is an idiot

sub2

Ok that's for the great leader of the discord server, now let's look at what his minor soldier ants said about other people.

Let's take for example Serafine (currently changed the nickname to Quarafine). He talked really badly about my nemesis Professor Dr. Alfred Buschinger:

95% of the myrmecologist don't give a [censored] about antkeepers
also Buschinger in particular is an [censored]

serafine buschinger

Well, I don't have studied AAK discord rules at university but isn't that all a violation of rule 1? Or is it fine to talk in that way about users of other forums that aren't on the AAK discord server? Or does it simply depend on who violates the rules? May the upper class of discord users there just violate these rules, while the plebs get instantly banned for minor violations?

I've heard they are now also discord partners. Maybe we should collect all similar things and report all to discord, so they can take a close look if it is still be worth being partnered with a server run by hypocrites. A quote from the discord partner rules:

Partnered servers should be an example of the best communities that Discord has to offer, and so we have a higher standard for the conversation and moderation of those servers. The following is prohibited in a partnered Discord:

• Discriminatory jokes and hate speech (attacks on an individual or group based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or disabilities)
  • Moderators or admins making verbal abuse, insults, threats towards others, or displaying offensive, derogatory, or explicit content.
  • Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
  • Selling a Partnered server or account is prohibited.

I just wanted to show you how hypocritical these people are and how they treat other people not being able to read what they talk about them.

Edited by Barristan, November 5 2020 - 1:30 AM.

• Subverted, FeedTheAnts, CheetoLord02 and 5 others like this

#2 Offline jcisopodgang - Posted November 5 2020 - 1:55 AM

jcisopodgang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDenver Area, Colorado

lol I'm in aak rn and I've experienced first hand that alot of the mods elevate stuff and make more drama, but idc cause i do too

irl catboy

#3 Offline AntsDakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 6:02 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

Join our fledgling but growing AntsDakota Discord community! https://discord.gg/vkwjYzz

• TennesseeAnts, B_rad0806, Ants_Dakota and 4 others like this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#4 Offline Devi - Posted November 5 2020 - 6:44 AM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Join our fledgling but growing AntsDakota Discord community! https://discord.gg/vkwjYzz

YES.

• Ants_Dakota and AleeGuy like this

#5 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 7:02 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

YES.

we always try to follow the 1st amendment, or your freedom of speech.

• Devi and AleeGuy like this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#6 Offline AleeGuy - Posted November 5 2020 - 7:04 AM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Join our fledgling but growing AntsDakota Discord community! https://discord.gg/vkwjYzz

Yes!

#7 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted November 5 2020 - 7:10 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia

I REFUSE

Join our fledgling but growing AntsDakota Discord community! https://discord.gg/vkwjYzz

Yes!

YES.

we always try to follow the 1st amendment, or your freedom of speech.

• Ants_Dakota and AleeGuy like this
We don’t talk about that

#8 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 8:06 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

we would hate to force you to join the server. it it fully up to you.

• Devi likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#9 Offline AntsDakota - Posted November 5 2020 - 8:45 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

ADK (AntsDakota Server) completely commandeered this thread from AAK.

• TennesseeAnts and Devi like this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#10 Online YsTheAnt - Posted November 5 2020 - 8:56 AM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

AAK is good if you see things the same way they do, if you don't unfortunately you will be harassed. They let you get away with breaking the rules as long as you stick to promoting their agenda.

Edited by YsTheAnt, November 5 2020 - 8:57 AM.

• Barristan, Mdrogun, TennesseeAnts and 1 other like this

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#11 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted November 5 2020 - 9:05 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia

I was kidding but i can't join anyway my mum doesnt think i need it since I'm already on here.

• TennesseeAnts likes this
We don’t talk about that

#12 Offline Barristan - Posted November 5 2020 - 9:26 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Of Course this thread is currently also discussed on the AAK server, here some highlights:

aak1

aak2

aak3

aak6

Only very few bright lights there unfortunately...

Edited by Barristan, November 5 2020 - 9:44 AM.

• YsTheAnt, TennesseeAnts, CheetoLord02 and 2 others like this

#13 Offline Guest_StrickyAnts_* - Posted November 5 2020 - 9:31 AM

Guest_StrickyAnts_*
  • Guests

just don't break rules. simple. get off your alt  :lol:

what point are you trying to get across here?

#14 Offline Barristan - Posted November 5 2020 - 9:32 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
Someone explained to you already my point, see the screenshots, but I fear you won't get it even if someone explained it to you 100 times.

Edited by Barristan, November 5 2020 - 9:33 AM.

• AleeGuy likes this

#15 Offline Guest_StrickyAnts_* - Posted November 5 2020 - 9:33 AM

Guest_StrickyAnts_*
  • Guests

why did you even start this thread at the first place? so stupid

#16 Offline Barristan - Posted November 5 2020 - 9:39 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

why did you even start this thread at the first place? so stupid

Because I want to drink AAK user's tears my sweet child.

aak5

How sweat they are defending mods and owner breaking their own rules:

aak4

Edited by Barristan, November 5 2020 - 9:41 AM.

• CheetoLord02 and Swirlysnowflake like this

#17 Offline Guest_StrickyAnts_* - Posted November 5 2020 - 9:45 AM

Guest_StrickyAnts_*
  • Guests

i can't tell if these are valid points in your eyes? personally I see none.  Also am not your sweetchild weirdo  ;)

#18 Offline SleepyAsianAnter - Posted November 5 2020 - 9:46 AM

SleepyAsianAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (SoCal)

Maybe if you hate aak so much, leave the server, take your 20 alt accounts with you. And please avoid starting up anymore drama pages, we have enough of that on this forum. They either start off as or eventually descend to petty insults and petty people trying to get even

• TechAnt and Froggy like this

#19 Offline Barristan - Posted November 5 2020 - 9:49 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

i can't tell if these are valid points in your eyes? personally I see none.  Also am not your sweetchild weirdo  ;)

I'm afraid you aren't able to see any valid points at all regardless if they are valid in my eyes or in someone else's eyes.

I'm sorry I will call you: 'annoying baby' from now on, I hope you are fine with that. If not, pls let me know, we'll find something I can call you that will be appropriate.

Maybe if you hate aak so much, leave the server, take your 20 alt accounts with you. And please avoid starting up anymore drama pages, we have enough of that on this forum. They either start off as or eventually descend to petty insults and petty people trying to get even

I don't hate aak, it is the funniest thing happening for a long time to the ant keeping community. I really enjoy reading all the hypocritical stuff there.

But if you don't like what I wrote, you are free to stop reading my threads and/or block my user here.

Edited by Barristan, November 5 2020 - 9:52 AM.

#20 Offline Manitobant - Posted November 5 2020 - 9:57 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Well the anti harassment rule is broken every time someone is found to have exotics. They basically call you out in front of everyone to humiliate and then ban you.
  • Barristan, TennesseeAnts and MinigunL5 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users