• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Man I really want some pheidole! And prenolepis

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted October 28 2020 - 2:56 PM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia
Anyone in va have any pheidole have to trade by chance. I’ll trade a Crematogaster Cersei or lineolata colony about 15 workers, I’ll appreciate any pheidole other than dentata, bicanarata is my go to species which I want the most. Prenolepis I will buy from anyone that is able to ship from va or with a permit outside of va.

Ps. Contact me by email jk of you are obviously taking to me on email you have a email to actually make a account on here. If you do not get a verification email, contact drew by looking for his contact information on here.

Edited by KitsAntVa, October 28 2020 - 3:05 PM.

We don’t talk about that

#2 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted October 28 2020 - 7:35 PM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

oooof if you were in CA i would send u a prenolepis colony for sure, i have one that i don’t really want

Edited by Swirlysnowflake, October 28 2020 - 7:36 PM.

My YouTube channel :)

#3 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted October 29 2020 - 5:50 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

If you can get a permit the free one then sure.

Edited by KitsAntVa, October 29 2020 - 5:50 AM.

We don’t talk about that

#4 Offline AntsDakota - Posted October 29 2020 - 6:50 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

https://www.formicul...ies/?hl=antdrew

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#5 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted October 29 2020 - 6:59 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

you might have to pay for his, as he has a cerasi colony, i think.

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#6 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted October 29 2020 - 7:18 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

I asked antdrew a while back and he said he had nothing except crematogaster, he just didn't update his stock.

• Ants_Dakota likes this
We don’t talk about that

#7 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted October 29 2020 - 7:32 AM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

how do you get a free permit? :)

My YouTube channel :)

#8 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted October 29 2020 - 7:34 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

they cost money. if i remember correctly, around 100 a year

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#9 Offline ANTdrew - Posted October 29 2020 - 9:05 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,424 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

I just updated my ad. No more Pheidole, unfortunately.

• Ants_Dakota likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#10 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted October 29 2020 - 9:17 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Permits are for the importer. You must apply for the permit (PPQ526's are free of charge) if you want the ants. I wouldn't waste my breath on Winter Ants, though. I'd go for something I can't get in my state. Like Pots.
  • Ants_Dakota and AleeGuy like this

#11 Offline AleeGuy - Posted October 29 2020 - 9:51 AM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Permits are for the importer. You must apply for the permit (PPQ526's are free of charge) if you want the ants. I wouldn't waste my breath on Winter Ants, though. I'd go for something I can't get in my state. Like Pots.
He wants to practice on prenos before he gets pots someday because pots r expensive so you gotta be ready before you get them(you only have 1 chance to keep them). And yeah permits from state to state are free. Btw they are native here and there is even a colony of them in my backyard, there is no point getting a permit for then ig
  • Ants_Dakota likes this

#12 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted October 29 2020 - 9:54 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

really? i did not know permits are free. how can i get my hands on them?

• AleeGuy likes this

#13 Offline AleeGuy - Posted October 29 2020 - 9:57 AM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

I think this can help you. Btw guys check the comments if you have a question or something(maybe somebody asked it already and he answered it, or ask the question by yourselves)

Attached Images

• Screenshot_20201029-140319_YouTube.jpg

Edited by AleeGuy, October 29 2020 - 10:06 AM.

• Ants_Dakota likes this

#14 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted October 29 2020 - 10:27 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

He wants to practice on prenos before he gets pots someday because pots r expensive so you gotta be ready before you get them(you only have 1 chance to keep them). And yeah permits from state to state are free. Btw they are native here and there is even a colony of them in my backyard, there is no point getting a permit for then ig

Nice you think i can trade for some next year.

I think this can help you. Btw guys check the comments if you have a question or something(maybe somebody asked it already and he answered it, or ask the question by yourselves)

Yes this is correct i know some people that have one for free. but they do not just accept anyone.

• Ants_Dakota likes this
We don’t talk about that

#15 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted October 29 2020 - 3:15 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Yes this is correct i know some people that have one for free. but they do not just accept anyone.

Actually, the USDA has been very relaxed on who gets permits when compared to a few years ago. Even Mack from THA got a permit for some Arizonan ants.
  • Ants_Dakota likes this

#16 Offline AleeGuy - Posted October 29 2020 - 4:36 PM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Actually, the USDA has been very relaxed on who gets permits when compared to a few years ago. Even Mack from THA got a permit for some Arizonan ants.

Somebody asked how long does it take him to get a permit and he said it took a year communicating with USDA back and forth to get it. I hope its not that long now

#17 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted October 29 2020 - 4:40 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

No, I think its more like a couple months now.

• AleeGuy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users