• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Queen ant stopped laying eggs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Captainskywars - Posted October 3 2020 - 11:05 AM

Captainskywars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So recently I bought my messor barbarus colony a small outworld and connected it up and feed them in it so it all went fine but my queen ant has stopped laying eggs has she possibly went into hibernation?

#2 Offline Spazmops - Posted October 3 2020 - 11:07 AM

Spazmops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

So recently I bought my messor barbarus colony a small outworld and connected it up and feed them in it so it all went fine but my queen ant has stopped laying eggs has she possibly went into hibernation?

It’s possible she’s starting to wind down for the year. Some species also just lay eggs in batches, I don’t have any experience with Messor though.

Co-owner and founder of Mountain Myrmeculture and The Menagerie Discord Server

Ants I have:

1 Formica fusca group- 0 workers

1 Tetramorium immigrans colony-20 workers

1 Dorymyrmex insanus- 1 queen, used to have workers

1 large P. occidentalis colony- around 50 workers, plenty of brood

#3 Offline Manitobant - Posted October 3 2020 - 12:23 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
She is probably getting ready for hibernation.

#4 Offline Captainskywars - Posted October 13 2020 - 3:45 AM

Captainskywars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
What ever was wrong with her idk but she passed away this morning.Planning on buying another colony don't know whether to get one now or wait till March so any I would buy wouldn't be hibernating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users