• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

How did you guys make your usernames?

username

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Offline VenomousBeast - Posted August 12 2020 - 12:43 PM

VenomousBeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationButler, Butler County, Pennsylvania
Well, despite being only 18, I’ve had lots of experience with venomous animals, from vipers to scorpions to ants😋. Then another name for an animal that is misunderstood (typically to be a monster) is a beast, so yeah, VenomousBeast was made😂
  • Antkid12 and Ironeyes like this

Keeps:

1:Pogonomymex occidentalis

4: Tetramorium immigrans

2 Reticulitermes flavipes

#22 Offline Ironeyes - Posted August 15 2020 - 7:01 PM

Ironeyes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMesa, Arizona

I stole the nickname of my favorite character from the Mistborn Trilogy. Been using this handle (or some variation on it) for forums and games since I was 13. 

Biological Sciences - ASU

#23 Offline Mariaface - Posted September 13 2020 - 4:54 PM

Mariaface

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Nickname that stuck :) 

Camponotus chromaiodes

Camponotus pennsylvanicus

And hoping to buy more, let me know if you can ship or are in super north NJ like me!

Are you in New Jersey, USA? Join us in this anting thread!

#24 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted September 14 2020 - 5:13 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

It is the name of my website.

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#25 Offline Monarch - Posted September 22 2020 - 7:31 PM

Monarch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTX

Monarch is the name for pretty much everything i play or usename.  I loved tagging the name "Monarch" in high school and  it's my superhero/villain name. I am 5 years old

• ANTdrew likes this

#26 Offline Hoophy97 - Posted September 22 2020 - 9:39 PM

Hoophy97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Minecraft username from 5th grade that after a decade, I am too lazy to change. Still have no idea what it means.

Haha, likewise!

#27 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted September 23 2020 - 5:56 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee
Mine's nothing special, I like ants and I'm a dude. The 2908 are just random numbers I typed into the end for fun. :lol:
  • Antkid12 likes this

#28 Offline MinigunL5 - Posted September 23 2020 - 7:47 AM

MinigunL5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Location(Near) Worcester, MA

I was like 9 years old and I thought guns were cool, my IRL name starts with L, and 5 is a  good number.

• TennesseeAnts likes this

#29 Offline OhNoNotAgain - Posted October 21 2020 - 8:50 AM

OhNoNotAgain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Argentine Ant Territory

I have a bad habit of getting into weird hobbies and spending lots of time and money on them, whether various types of plants, rocks, or other things.

Decades ago, as a kid, I tried keeping ants. It was pre-internet and I was a kid, so I both started and killed (through ignorance/neglect) a number of young ant colonies.

In 2019, starting from a small someone saying "I want a pet roly-poly!" I fell into first isopod-keeping, then gradually back into ant keeping.

This time, with all the expensive and time-consuming information and options that have opened up with the internet.

Oh no, not again....

Edited by OhNoNotAgain, October 21 2020 - 8:52 AM.

• ANTdrew, Swirlysnowflake, TechAnt and 1 other like this

Formiculture Journals::

Veromessor pergandei, andrei; Novomessor cockerelli

Camponotus fragilis; also separate journal: Camponotus sansabeanus, vicinus, quercicola

Liometopum occidentale;  Prenolepis imparis; Myrmecocystus mexicanus

Pogonomyrmex subnitidus and previously californicus

Tetramorium sp.

Termites: Zootermopsis angusticollis

Isopods: A. gestroi, granulatum, kluugi, maculatum, vulgare; C. murina; P. hoffmannseggi, P. haasi, P. ornatus; V. parvus

Spoods: Phidippus sp.

#30 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted October 23 2020 - 5:06 PM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

I used to play this game called animal jam and i just randomly thought of swirlysnowflake as my user there (i’m pretty sure its a strange reference to the warriors series and their style of names, like leafpool and fidgetflake)

then i used it for every single other account i had on the internet, except arachnoboards lol

Edited by Swirlysnowflake, October 23 2020 - 5:07 PM.

• ZTYguy likes this

My YouTube channel :)

#31 Offline ZTYguy - Posted October 23 2020 - 5:34 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

I just used my gaming name.

• Swirlysnowflake likes this

Ant Keeping Since June 2018
Currently Keeping:
A. versicolor, C. us-ca02, C. yogi, C. Vicinus, C. laevigatus, C. clarithorax, C. maritimus, C. ocreatus, M. mexicanus, M. placodops 01, V. andrei, V. pergandei, N. cockerelli, P. barbata, P. montanus

Hoping to Catch This season:

M. romanei, M. placodops 02, P. imberbiculus, Polyergus sp., F. moki, A. megomatta, Cyphomyrmex sp.,Temnothorax sp.

#32 Offline AleeGuy - Posted October 24 2020 - 5:07 AM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia
I was watching popular Russian youtuber, it was EeOneGuy and his name was Ivan so if you read his nickname you will read it as IvanGuy so I tried to use his style and I did AleeGuy Alee is like my name Ali, and Guy I just took it from him, so if you read mine is AliGuy and his is IvanGuy

Edit: and it is my psn username so I took it from there, and the profile pic too

Edited by AleeGuy, October 24 2020 - 5:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users