• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

A noob with a massive colony of Myrmecia Nigrocincta...

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Ants.co - Posted January 18 2021 - 10:00 PM

Ants.co

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Hey guys, been a while since I posted. But here is my latest update video on this colony! 

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#82 Offline Canadant - Posted January 31 2021 - 1:16 PM

Canadant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada
Just read the thread. Looks like things have worked out for you. That's cool. Beautiful ants. Looks like they'd enjoy a nice large outworld to roam around in. It would be a really cool project to build and I bet they'd be so fun to watch. Thanks for your thread.
"You don't get what you want. You get what you deserve".

#83 Offline Tyr_Ants - Posted January 31 2021 - 7:11 PM

Tyr_Ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCosta Mesa California
I am impressed, that's very nice

Ant Shop: (restocking soon) https://www.formicul...op/#entry195574  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  (y)  B)  B)  B)

#84 Offline Ants.co - Posted February 27 2021 - 10:55 AM

Ants.co

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while, but I just wanted to show you guys a new video of my new Myrmecia Nigrocincta founding colony that I raised from scratch. Enjoy!

• TechAnt likes this

#85 Offline Ants.co - Posted June 23 2021 - 1:38 PM

Ants.co

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Hey guys! Haven't posted anything in a long while.... Boy a lot has happened. I've officially moved to China for study, which means I had to give away all my Australian colonies (don't worry, they are in good hands). I'm in a boarding school so I'm not allowed to keep much nor can I take photos, but I managed to buy an acrylic formicarium + Messor Barbarus colony with 27 workers. The seller claimed there were 50+ workers, but in reality, I received half that amount, which means that the nest I purchased for them is too big. According to videos on YouTube and BiliBili (Chinese version of YouTube) the ants will store seeds in extra nest space so I'm not that worried. There are fire ant queens wandering around every and they haven't stopped flying since 2 months ago, and I don't have to go far to find Pachycondyla, Pheidole, Carebara or Camponotus queens running around. This place is an ant keeper's dream  :D

• MinigunL5 and Antkeeper01 like this

#86 Offline Ants.co - Posted January 18 2022 - 4:51 PM

Ants.co

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Well, 7 months later and the Messor Barbarus colony has tripled in number. Feel free to check it out on my Youtube channel (Ant Co)!

• Antkeeper01 and PaigeX like this

#87 Offline Ants.co - Posted March 2 2022 - 2:36 PM

Ants.co

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

New colonies and pictures! 

Camponotus Japonicus 2 queens 300 workers

Messor Barbarus (the old one) 1 queen now 150 workers

Messor Aciculatus 11 queens 110 workers

Polyrhachis Dives 1 queen 40 workers

Stay tuned for updates!

Attached Images

• Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 7.52.06 pm.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.31.19 am.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.32.32 am.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.33.27 am.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.34.11 am.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.35.16 am.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.35.33 am.png

Edited by Ants.co, March 2 2022 - 2:37 PM.

• Kaelwizard, Antkeeper01, Leptomyrmx and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users