• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

large crematogaster colony + housing

c. cerasi

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Jean - Posted August 29 2019 - 11:08 AM

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationArizona

Hello forum members, 

I'm moving from Tucson, AZ to AR and cannot take my c. cerasi colony along. Most of them live in an Omni Nest 2.0 (vertical) from AC. Would like to sell ants + AC set up. I'd estimate colony size at 2,000 (?) with plenty of brood, so in a month this *estimate* may have doubled. Have had them for a little under a year, started with queen + four workers.

I've put hundreds into the setup but would happily sell Omni Nest + ants for $200, not trying to get rich! 

And - I have 3 n. cockerelli queens with eggs laid in the last 2-3 weeks, so may have a few workers before I move. So if anyone is interested in this species I can have my husband keep them until February (I am moving October; he is leaving AZ later)--am hoping for some workers by end of year! Would sell cheap, $50 each.

Thanks

Jean in AZ

#2 Offline Jean - Posted August 31 2019 - 1:09 PM

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationArizona

Am updating this post after looking over everything for sale and realizing my prices are too high.

In short, I have a c. cerasi colony (around 2,000, 1 year old) for sale with AC Omni Nest 2.0. Asking $90 for the whole shebang...not sure I could move ants easily out of Omni nest.

& 3 N. cockerelli queens with eggs....no workers yet $15 each

#3 Offline AntsDakota - Posted August 31 2019 - 2:05 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

I'd estimate colony size at 2,000 (?) with plenty of brood, so in a month this *estimate* may have doubled. Have had them for a little under a year, started with queen + four workers.

That is insane growth!

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#4 Offline Jean - Posted August 31 2019 - 7:35 PM

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationArizona

Yeah-keeping my expectations lower for n. cockerelli future colony...sometimes I wonder if I am overfeeding, lucky and/or the growth is just a c. cerasi thing. And, I've had one major disaster that wiped out about a third of the colony!

#5 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted August 31 2019 - 8:08 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee
It's just a cerasi thing. My colony is doing the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users