I collected eight of these queens in my local park on 7.16.18. Two had fungus pellets and 6 did not. One of the six missing a pellet died, leaving me with 7 total. I put the two queens with fungus into a foraging area with mesquite leaves, oatmeal, and some flowers. In only 10 days, one queen's fungus garden has grown a lot from just a small pellet. I also see eggs, although they're hard to see in the photo.
These small flowers with the bright red stamens are their favorite substrate out of what I've offered them.
They have also shown interest in oatmeal, and the mesquite leaves are chewed apart too. Here's a photo of their current setup. Recommendations for improvements are always welcome!