• Ant Chat
  • General Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

CatsnAnts ant journal / journey

ants journal antlove camponotus subbarbatus hi antfarm antkeeping

461 replies to this topic

#461 Online Kaelwizard - Posted May 23 2020 - 6:59 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationMI

I have museum glass for my mini hearth, but the ants I had in there died so now I just get a clearer view of a empty nest.

It's also nice to see you back! 

Edited by Kaelwizard, May 23 2020 - 7:00 AM.

#462 Offline CatsnAnts - Posted May 23 2020 - 7:05 AM

CatsnAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • LocationJasper, Indiana

I have museum glass for my mini hearth, but the ants I had in there died so now I just get a clearer view of a empty nest.

It's also nice to see you back!

Ahah Thanks!

Just a photo dump. The workers drank a lot of honey, as you can see, it kind of matches their orange color (ish):

Edit: It also seems like she has been laying eggs recently as can be seen in the photo.

Edited by CatsnAnts, May 23 2020 - 7:08 AM.

• AntsDakota likes this
X1 Temnothorax curvispinosus colony

I’m starting to get more attached to the smaller ant species and colonies, so I’ll probably collect mainly Temnothorax, Strumigenys, Colobopsis, etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ants, journal, antlove, camponotus, subbarbatus, hi, antfarm, antkeeping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users