• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Discuss: byFormica Ant Cam

byformica ant live youtube stream

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 2 2014 - 3:34 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Edited by drtrmiller, March 3 2016 - 10:04 AM.

• Gregory2455, AntsTexas and AntTeen804 like this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#2 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 4 2014 - 4:45 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Hurry!  We're testing a new Formula Blue product with our new LIGHTYEAR Liquid feeders!

Check out the byFormica Ant Cam on YouTube.com!

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#3 Offline dspdrew - Posted December 4 2014 - 5:30 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Yay, now I'm not the only one.

#4 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 4 2014 - 6:35 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
Haha you just saw this?

The past two days I was streaming a Lasius neoniger colony in one of my GroTubes! Hopefully I can keep this up and change the scenery every now and again :~)

#5 Offline dspdrew - Posted December 4 2014 - 1:56 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Just get more cameras. ;)

#6 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 4 2014 - 3:44 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
My internet couldn't handle it. I predict Cox is going to email me a nasty letter about my using hundreds of gigs each week.

#7 Offline dspdrew - Posted December 5 2014 - 7:19 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

If they don't  want you using more than a certain amount, then it should be in the contract, otherwise it would be pointless to email such a letter.

#8 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 5 2014 - 7:26 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Yeah, there's no "cap," but they do specify some usage threshold like 400 gigs a month or something.  I've gone over it a few times before and got an email from them.  And that was without 24/7, 720p streaming.

#9 Offline dermy - Posted December 5 2014 - 12:06 PM

dermy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationCanada

I hope you don't get Shut-Down! I really like watching what your ants are doing in real time.

#10 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 5 2014 - 5:20 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

The Solenopsis invicta colony is testing a new Formula Blue variation designed for our liquid feeders!  The event JUST started!  Don't forget to check it out on YouTube!  

It may take a minute for them to recruit and swarm to the food source.

#11 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 6 2014 - 8:18 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Watch our Camponotus sp. eat some prepared Formula Blue 100.  

There is a special ingredient in this cube that will be released in an upcoming product, and which guarantees the best growth of your ants of any diet, synthetic or otherwise.

I'm super looking forward to sharing more details with you all, very, very soon! :~D

#12 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 11 2014 - 3:41 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

The Ant Cam is back, live!  Same link, same vid on YouTube.

#13 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 12 2014 - 4:53 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

We'll be testing a new prototype liquid feeder model around 8 PM, Eastern, 5 PM Pacific time.  

http://www.byformica.com/antcam

#14 Offline drtrmiller - Posted December 14 2014 - 5:56 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Now testing a third liquid feeder prototype model.  This one has slots instead of holes, where the liquid is dispensed.  The idea is that slots will lead to fewer bubble entrapments, which can cause the ants to wander inside the orifice and drown.

#15 Offline benjiwuf - Posted January 6 2015 - 5:46 AM

benjiwuf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationGroßröhrsdorf Germany

bumping this up since mine is down. gives me ants to stalk faster than scrolling :D

#16 Offline drtrmiller - Posted January 9 2015 - 3:52 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

I wanted to announce that I'll be demonstrating a new liquid feeder prototype today at 12 PM Eastern, 9 AM Pacific time.

Live chat will be enabled during the event to be able to discuss what is being observed.

Hope to see you at http://www.byformica.com/antcam!

Edited by drtrmiller, January 9 2015 - 3:54 AM.

#17 Offline Crystals - Posted January 9 2015 - 7:29 AM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationAthabasca, AB (Canada)

bumping this up since mine is down. gives me ants to stalk faster than scrolling :D

PS. at the bottom of the first thread on http://www.formicult...of-handy-links/ (Which is pinned in the general section)

Is a link for Live Ant Stream Videos.  Currently drew and terry have 24/7 streams.  :D

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astound the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

List of Handy Links   (pinned in the General section)

My Colonies

#18 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 5 2015 - 2:46 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Updated video links to the new live stream.

#19 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 7 2015 - 11:43 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
I think there's a worker enclosing now, if anyone wants to watch.

#20 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 11 2015 - 10:59 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Collected a Pheidole tysoni colony today.  I may start focusing the live cam on them.

Had some technical issues that resulted in having to start a new stream, so the URL has changed.  Please update to the new URL wherever the old one is posted.

• Gregory2455 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: byformica, ant, live, youtube, stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users