Since this is going to be a thing, here is what I would suggest, since such feedback could actually be helpful in either troubleshooting individual cases, or determining trends among various genera, if enough information was provided:
Firstly, an accurate list should be a list of exclusions, rather than inclusions. Which genera and species of ants will not eat Formula Blue 100 or Aqua 300, and what is the developmental state and history of these colonies?
Notice the lack of Green 600 in the list, as it is just a fortified sugar water. Asking which ants would or would not drink sugar water is kind of silly.
Here are the metrics I use to analyze colonies that will not eat Formula diets:
- Was food prepared as liquid or gel?
- What foods were provided during or within 24 hours of feeding Formula?
- Affected genus and species?
- About how many months has colony been kept in captivity?
- About how many queens, workers, and larvae (not including eggs or pupae)?
- What is the approximate average temperature where the ants are being housed?
- Are you experiencing difficulty with this colony not accepting other foods they have accepted in the past, in addition to refusing Formula diets or supplements?
- What foods has the affected colony refused or accepted in the 30 days?
Here is an example report:
- Genus, species (if available): Odontoponera
- Formula type: Blue 100 Gel
- Foods fed within 24 hours?: No
- Time kept in captivity: 1 month
- Population count: 1 queen, 5 workers, 2 larvae
- Temperature: 80 F
- Recent difficulty feeding colony?: No
- Foods accepted in last 30 days: Small crickets, sugar water
- Foods rejected in last 30 days: Cooked meats
- Batch Number of Packet: 1012141001
- - - - -
Here is a blank report format that can be used to copy and paste:
- Genus, species (if available): -
- Formula type: -
- Foods fed within 24 hours?: -
- Time kept in captivity: -
- Population count: -
- Temperature: -
- Recent difficulty feeding colony?: -
- Foods accepted in last 30 days: -
- Foods rejected in last 30 days: -
- Batch Number of Packet: -
It should be noted that there is actually a form to do this, and also provide other details, at www.byformica.com/help
Edited by drtrmiller, December 4 2014 - 12:44 AM.