• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ants for Sale - NY

prenolepis imparis winter ants queen false-honeypot ants ants for sale new york ny

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Cdonnelly888 - Posted June 1 2018 - 11:10 PM

Cdonnelly888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm currently in the market for a ant queen. You have any for sale

#22 Offline Major - Posted June 11 2018 - 9:52 AM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationRochester, New York
Trade? I'm in the buffalo/ Rochester area. You can see what I have in my signature

#23 Offline Reevak - Posted June 11 2018 - 1:49 PM

Reevak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Trade? I'm in the buffalo/ Rochester area. You can see what I have in my signature

I have C. pennsylvanicus and and not too interested in C. novaeboracensis. But if you manage to find Camponotus nearcticus then I would definitely be interested in trading. 

#24 Offline Major - Posted June 11 2018 - 5:10 PM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Well I caught a Camponotus herculeanus today, any interest?

#25 Offline Reevak - Posted June 12 2018 - 6:27 PM

Reevak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

No, just nearcticus. But thanks anyways

#26 Offline CNewton - Posted June 13 2018 - 4:40 AM

CNewton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationBatavia, NY

C. nearcticus? Really? That is the primarily dominate species in my yard!  I'll keep an eye out for queens/colonies, I have a couple more trees to remove. Last tree I took down had a C. pennsylvanicus and C nearcticus colony inside.

#27 Offline Reevak - Posted June 13 2018 - 2:25 PM

Reevak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

C. nearcticus? Really? That is the primarily dominate species in my yard!  I'll keep an eye out for queens/colonies, I have a couple more trees to remove. Last tree I took down had a C. pennsylvanicus and C nearcticus colony inside.

I actually just found C. nearcticus queen 2 hours ago. This is the second one I've caught (the first did not mate, it seems). If this one also fails to produce workers then I'll still be looking for people selling them. Thanks though!

Edited by Reevak, June 13 2018 - 2:25 PM.

#28 Offline Major - Posted July 1 2018 - 5:30 PM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
I caught some myrmica that I need to sell or trade ASAP since I have young siblings. I’ll trade it for basically anything other than a stinging species. Don’t want them to get hurt. I’ll even trade it for some tetramorium immigrans brood or camponotus novaeboracensis brood. Any interest Reevak?

Edited by The_NY_Major, July 1 2018 - 5:33 PM.

#29 Offline Reevak - Posted July 1 2018 - 9:41 PM

Reevak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I caught some myrmica that I need to sell or trade ASAP since I have young siblings. I’ll trade it for basically anything other than a stinging species. Don’t want them to get hurt. I’ll even trade it for some tetramorium immigrans brood or camponotus novaeboracensis brood. Any interest Reevak?

Yes I am, I'll PM you

#30 Offline Jfann8988 - Posted July 6 2018 - 9:51 AM

Jfann8988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Can I buy a single queen Camponotus ant?  I'm in Queens.

Edited by Jfann8988, July 6 2018 - 3:31 PM.

#31 Offline PapaOstrich - Posted July 8 2018 - 4:53 PM

PapaOstrich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I live on Long Island,NY, and I would like to buy some ants.

#32 Offline disasterants - Posted August 8 2018 - 11:14 AM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

No, just nearcticus. But thanks anyways

i've got a camponotus nearcticus queen with 2 workers and some brood, i'd be down to sell/trade if that nearcticus queen did not work out for you. they might be a small colony but they seem healthy and i grew them from a single queen i caught a few months back. they don't eat much but that's probably down to the fact that they're such a small colony since the ants seem plump and healthy. preferably i'd want to trade them for a young formica colony(since i managed to miss Formica nuptial flight this year and really wanted to catch a queen) but would also go for pretty much any other colonies if you don't have one.

Edited by disasterants, August 8 2018 - 12:01 PM.

#33 Offline Reevak - Posted August 8 2018 - 3:11 PM

Reevak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

i've got a camponotus nearcticus queen with 2 workers and some brood, i'd be down to sell/trade if that nearcticus queen did not work out for you. they might be a small colony but they seem healthy and i grew them from a single queen i caught a few months back. they don't eat much but that's probably down to the fact that they're such a small colony since the ants seem plump and healthy. preferably i'd want to trade them for a young formica colony(since i managed to miss Formica nuptial flight this year and really wanted to catch a queen) but would also go for pretty much any other colonies if you don't have one.

She worked out, so I don't need nearcticus anymore. But if you are still interested in buying, just message me directly

• disasterants likes this

#34 Offline disasterants - Posted August 10 2018 - 9:08 AM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

She worked out, so I don't need nearcticus anymore. But if you are still interested in buying, just message me directly
Nah, sorry. I'm only selling/trading at the moment since I have my hands full with the colonies I have now...
  • Reevak likes this

#35 Offline AURA - Posted September 23 2018 - 12:22 PM

AURA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn New York

I live in Brooklyn, NY. Can you please pm me your available ants for sale and also the rates.

#36 Offline Major - Posted September 23 2018 - 2:51 PM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Deleted

Edited by Major, September 23 2018 - 2:52 PM.

#37 Offline Bri - Posted September 30 2018 - 3:17 PM

Bri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I am interested to know the price of the ants. brianna.riddell16@gmail.com

#38 Offline kingz2015 - Posted October 11 2018 - 9:13 AM

kingz2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationFlorida

I live in Long Island, NY and am interested in purchasing some queen ants. Please pm me as soon as possible

#39 Offline Taylorocks - Posted January 13 2019 - 10:53 AM

Taylorocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I sent you a private message

#40 Offline Jonavin - Posted January 21 2019 - 5:25 PM

Jonavin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHadly New York

Do you have a queen ant available please message me I’m looking to get it to ant keeping

Do you have a queen ant available please message me I’m looking to get it to ant keeping I’m in Hadley N.Y.

Edited by Jonavin, January 21 2019 - 5:26 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prenolepis imparis, winter ants, queen, false-honeypot ants, ants for sale, new york, ny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users