• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Where my gamers at?!

gamer

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Offline MichiganAnts - Posted April 7 2017 - 9:56 AM

MichiganAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Card-holding member of the Nerd community right here. :)
I'm currently GM-ing a weekly D&D campaign
5th edition is really nice, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone used to playing in 3.5 or 4th edition.
I also play on the current Sony console. Battlefield 1 and Destiny are great time wasters, and I recently picked up the Bethesda remake of DOOM.

By D2, do you happen to mean Diablo 2? If so, Vengeance Pally or Hammerdin, all the way. :)

i play 3.5 

• OmniusClone likes this

Owner of MichiganAnts, a YouTube Channel dedicated to all my Michigan colonies found and raise in my backyard

https://www.youtube.com/MichiganAnts

https://twitter.com/MichiganAnts

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganAnts/

Keeper of:

Camponotus Pennsylvanicus

Camponotus Noveboracensis

Tetramorium

#22 Offline sgheaton - Posted April 7 2017 - 10:35 AM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

So....
Steam users.....get table top simulator.

Then...we'll start up a sign up, and make OmniusClone GM, and play weekly on the tabletop simulator across the world!

Have my set of dice and a v3.5 character manual. Let's go!

• OmniusClone likes this

"I'm the search bar! Type questions into me and I'll search within the forums for an answer!"

#23 Offline Mdrogun - Posted April 7 2017 - 12:11 PM

Mdrogun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL

Lately I've been really into CSGO, I have a couple friends I play with. I used to play a ton of games when I was younger but they generally disinterest me these days. For me, what makes a game enjoyable has a lot to do with who I'm playing it with.

Edited by Mdrogun, April 7 2017 - 12:12 PM.

• sgheaton likes this

Currently Keeping:
Trachymyrmex septentrionalis

Pheidole pilifera

Forelius sp. (Monogynous, bicolored) "Midwestern Forelius"
Crematogaster cerasi

Pheidole bicarinata

Aphaenogaster rudis

Camponotus chromaiodes

Formica sp. (microgena species)

Nylanderia cf. arenivega

#24 Offline Vanko - Posted April 7 2017 - 12:14 PM

Vanko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationPlovdiv, Bulgaria
War robots on iPhone.
I don't have much time for video games but my clan at 700 position in the world and i made it 2 weeks abo :P
😛 🐜 😛

#25 Offline Goldsystem - Posted April 7 2017 - 1:11 PM

Goldsystem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationWichita Kansas
I use my PS4 to play for honor with friends, but I mainly use my PC for a large library of games. I have a HTC vice that I use a lot for a lot of games (hot dogs horse shoes and hand gernades being my favorite) I've been playing a lot of men of war assault squad 2 and I've been playing ultimate chicken horse with friends. I recently got back into mine craft with my girlfriend and I've got it modded with GT new horizons (my favorite pack). I'm also playing DandD with some friends and I plan on DMing my own game soon. But I've been using blender more than I've actually been playing games lately and I've been enjoying it a lot.

#26 Offline benjiwuf - Posted April 8 2017 - 9:26 AM

benjiwuf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationGroßröhrsdorf Germany

wurm unlimited...7 days to die...ark survival...tera. probably my top 4

#27 Offline Reacker - Posted April 8 2017 - 10:02 AM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFree State of Greater Potatonia

Planetary Annihilation. 

• Martialis likes this

#28 Offline Tyrael - Posted April 9 2017 - 1:38 AM

Tyrael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Anyone play ARMA 3? Great FPS game. It has a detailed physics simulation for bullets and superb gunplay. It also has a dungeon master type mode. One player can take control of a live map editor to edit the mission on the fly, thus making it more enjoyable for the players by adapting to what they like.

I don't like StarCraft2, it's feels too much of a small-scale gang fight (even more extreme than WarCraft3).

I prefer grand-scale strategy like Supreme Commander (Forged Alliance including mods is still one of the best strategy games of all times), the N44 mod for Company of heroes 1, Sins of a Solar Empire (especially with the Sins of the fallen/Sins of Kobol mods), Sword of the stars 2, etc.

Games I'm currently playing most are Fractured Space (some sort of capital ship space MOBA), Dreadnought (capital space ship arena shooter) and Slime Rancher (absolutely hilarious!).

I recommend you keep an eye on Stellaris. Right now it plays like a beta, but I hope it will get better with subsequent content. However, be aware that the developer is very greedy with DLC. 

Edited by Tyrael, April 9 2017 - 3:32 AM.

#29 Offline Subverted - Posted April 9 2017 - 8:55 AM

Subverted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationSoCal
In no particular order...

Minecraft
Kerbal Space Program
Elite Dangerous
AOE + AOE2HD
Warthunder

My ants | My free feeder design | PM or email me if you need and 3d printing, cnc machining, or manufacturing done: http://www.lrmachining.com

Make your own mold/fungus/bacteria resistant test tube water! Don't get ripped off! Read my simple guide: http://www.formicult...-simple-how-to/

"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." - Isaac Asimov

#30 Offline OmniusClone - Posted April 9 2017 - 9:03 AM

OmniusClone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLindsay, CA

By D2, do you happen to mean Diablo 2? If so, Vengeance Pally or Hammerdin, all the way. :)

Yes Diablo 2, i have probably made every character combination at some point or another. Necro and Sorc are my favorites. B)

Still one of my top 3 games of all time. :)
My buddy and I would play online a lot. He had this crazy lightning sorc build with more magic find than should have been possible. Good times. :)
I heard that blizzard finally shut down all the old servers like a month ago. It's truly the end of an age.

#31 Offline Jelly - Posted April 9 2017 - 3:00 PM

Jelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Yes Diablo 2, i have probably made every character combination at some point or another. Necro and Sorc are my favorites. B)

Still one of my top 3 games of all time. :)
My buddy and I would play online a lot. He had this crazy lightning sorc build with more magic find than should have been possible. Good times. :)
I heard that blizzard finally shut down all the old servers like a month ago. It's truly the end of an age.

I still play every couple weeks or so. My account is still up so i don't think they shut down all the servers... yet.... (y)

• OmniusClone likes this

#32 Offline Licespray - Posted April 10 2017 - 1:10 AM

Licespray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

I own StarCraft, but never invested enough time in it to get really good.

I'm more a casual gamer, and Nintendo games really fit the bill there.

I also really enjoy watching let's plays like the Game Grumps and CarlSagan42 on YouTube.

I'm a casual starcraft player myself, usually run matches against cpu lol

League of Legends all the way boiz

I used to play that game on the daily about 2 years ago - i was ranked only Gold though

Me too, but i was a silver pleb.

Now i just play World of Tanks (PC)

#33 Offline Roachant - Posted April 10 2017 - 2:07 AM

Roachant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada
I play when I have time. Playing the new mass effect, it's not as bad as the reviews would have you believe. Also playing cities skylines and still working on my own games. Oh the new Zelda as well, it's freaking awesome.
Huh... I guess I do play a fair amount of games.

#34 Offline Phoenix - Posted April 10 2017 - 4:39 AM

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Only when time is on my side, though if I happen to be lucky enough.

Plague Inc: Evolved, is one that I often regular nowadays.

• Jelly likes this

Colonies

Camponotus cf. albosparsus — Journal

Camponotus cf. auriventris — Journal
Camponotus sp.
Colobopsis spp.
Crematogaster sp.
Nylanderia sp.  Journal
Pheidole cf. parva
Solenopsis geminata — Journal

#35 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted April 10 2017 - 6:30 AM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Anybody here play Pokemon Sun and Moon VGC? If anyone would like to battle me VGC World Champ Rules lemme know.

YJK

#36 Offline randeee - Posted April 10 2017 - 6:36 AM

randeee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

League is life :^)

#37 Offline Cindy - Posted April 10 2017 - 6:36 AM

Cindy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationRandolph, MA

League gave me anger issues

• randeee likes this

#38 Offline noebl1 - Posted April 10 2017 - 7:16 AM

noebl1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationNorthern Massachusetts

@reacker Great choice with PA (I was a backer).  I played the original Total Annihilation SO many times while in college.

#39 Offline randeee - Posted April 10 2017 - 7:24 AM

randeee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

I don't have much time to play normals these days because of work but when I do have time to play ARAM is the best for fast and fun. Plus no one takes it THAT seriously so toxicity is lower compared to ranked. :).

• Cindy likes this

#40 Offline Cindy - Posted April 10 2017 - 7:45 AM

Cindy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationRandolph, MA

I don't have much time to play normals these days because of work but when I do have time to play ARAM is the best for fast and fun. Plus no one takes it THAT seriously so toxicity is lower compared to ranked. :).

Yeah lately all I've wanted to play is ARAM. Plus, I get to have actual fun (!!!) and learn some new champs too. 

(P.S. When you get to Plat 4 everyone thinks they're good but honestly we're all trash).

Edited by Cindy, April 10 2017 - 7:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users