• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

My termites (Zootermopsis angusticolis)

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Offline Mettcollsuss - Posted October 25 2018 - 2:30 PM

Mettcollsuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

I really want to get termites, but my parents are paranoid about them escaping and eating our house. If I got a professional setup like these Termitats, what is the chance of escape?

0% chance of escape. And if you opened it up and they did get free they would die. these termites are not good at being pests. They would desiccate fairly quick in a normal home setting.

I really want to get termites, but my parents are paranoid about them escaping and eating our house. If I got a professional setup like these Termitats, what is the chance of escape?

I wrote a guide, it's linked in the tab below, but I'd be really happy to help get you started. I recommend reading journals, and if you have any questions afterwards, feel free to ask.

Thanks 

• FSTP likes this

#62 Offline FSTP - Posted February 19 2019 - 2:14 AM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

heres a short vid of them again.

• LC3 and Nare like this

#63 Offline Nare - Posted February 21 2019 - 2:37 PM

Nare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

I keep swinging back and forth between wanting some Zoot and being content with what I have. They look really cool though. Glad yours are doing well.

• FSTP likes this

#64 Offline Vendayn - Posted February 23 2019 - 8:22 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

Yeah I haven't decided if I'll buy any Zootermopsis or not. The cheapest I can buy them is a little over 50 dollars (about 1 dollar per termite for 30, then shipping+tax). I don't think its probably worth it though. Knowing how my Drywoods do (even though kinda the opposite termite with needing wet conditions), I'd get them and they'd die right away lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users