• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Giveaway Entry

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Offline XZero38 - Posted January 17 2017 - 11:09 AM

XZero38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationHenderson, CO

So everyone is posting about how they got into anting, but no one here knows what they are going to "win" this is extremely vague. What is being given away? Why is this "giveaway" happening?

• Shareallicu likes this

#22 Offline antgenius123 - Posted January 17 2017 - 11:23 AM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

I don't think you re

So everyone is posting about how they got into anting, but no one here knows what they are going to "win" this is extremely vague. What is being given away? Why is this "giveaway" happening?

http://www.formicult...ay/?hl=giveaway

P.S. The winners have already been picked

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Pheidole aurivillii (?)
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

#23 Offline XZero38 - Posted January 17 2017 - 11:26 AM

XZero38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationHenderson, CO

I'm not worried about winning anything, If you are going to have a give away contest it should have all the information in the same thread not a completely different one. If they are going to make it in a different thread link the treads together instead of "hey I'm doing a give away give me X and ill pick winners" personally i think it could have been executed better.

#24 Offline antgenius123 - Posted January 17 2017 - 11:37 AM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

I'm not worried about winning anything, If you are going to have a give away contest it should have all the information in the same thread not a completely different one. If they are going to make it in a different thread link the treads together instead of "hey I'm doing a give away give me X and ill pick winners" personally i think it could have been executed better.

Have to agree with you on that, but as long as the entry process is successful and nothing goes wrong it's fine.

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

#25 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted January 17 2017 - 12:41 PM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Yeah I agree with Xero. Seems shady as well.

YJK

#26 Offline Annexis - Posted January 17 2017 - 8:00 PM

Annexis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAtlanta Georgia

Well, I'm not interested in ants. To think that I would be is disgusting. I don't see a point in keeping ants as "pets" if you can even call them that. They are more of pests than pets honestly. The entire hobby is [censored] up and just damages local ecosystems. Hope I WIN!

• Reevak and antgenius123 like this

#27 Offline antgenius123 - Posted January 17 2017 - 9:51 PM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Well, I'm not interested in ants. To think that I would be is disgusting. I don't see a point in keeping ants as "pets" if you can even call them that. They are more of pests than pets honestly. The entire hobby is [censored] up and just damages local ecosystems. Hope I WIN!

Lol :lol:

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

#28 Offline Shareallicu - Posted January 18 2017 - 4:45 PM

Shareallicu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

It all started a long time ago before the internet was born.  I bought an ant farm and caught colony from my backyard (workers and brood).  I believe they were Formica sp. they were black and lived in my ant farm for several years because of all the brood I collected.

Don't worry, I don't want to win anything, I'm just sharing :)

Edited by Shareallicu, January 18 2017 - 4:46 PM.

#29 Offline Leo - Posted January 24 2017 - 7:45 PM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

why are you on the forum then?  :D

#30 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted January 24 2017 - 7:53 PM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

^ It was a joke Leo xD

YJK

#31 Offline Shareallicu - Posted January 25 2017 - 3:34 PM

Shareallicu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

My story is very simple.

I saw ants in my yard and got so interested in their little lives, I collected some.  That was way before the internet, so my ants taught me how to take care of them :D

My story is very simple.

I saw ants in my yard and got so interested in their little lives, I collected some.  That was way before the internet, so my ants taught me how to take care of them :D

I double posted for fun btw :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users